“super fresh” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“super fresh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

the food here is always super fresh. they make great soups, great sushi combos , the sake don is a great value if you like sashimi,and the hot food has never disappointed either. great pat Thai they are happy to help with the menu if you don't know what the dishes are. they even have a video as you come in the door showing you all the different things on the menu. the prices are very reasonable. I love to go to lunch or dinner here!!!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
Bedford, Massachusetts
“Consistently good sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is one of our favorite sushi restaurants in greater Boston. We've been there about 5-6 times and it's always quite good. We've never tried the hot pot though it seems very popular.

We always get the Siu Mai as an appetizer and it's outstanding. For sushi, my husband loves the volcano maki and I really like the Ahi Idaho maki.

Visited September 2013
Boston
“Just not the same since Sang left”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

For almost 1/2 yeras, I considered Ten-Ichi heaven and earth for eclectic sushi and I no longer had to drive to Boston! Once Sang left, it went to boring basic not so fresh fish. Sang would go to the fish market and hand pick the fish and make such creative servings, entertaining all of us Sushi fanatics. I miss him and going to miss Ten-Ichi so much, but the last time I went (giving it a chance after Sang and his team left), I was so grossly disappointed all around, I will never go back. My 4 star (2012) has gone down to 2. If you look at all their 4 star rating all but three were in 2012 and later. Kind of shows the sadness that is happening there. Too bad, but I guess nothing is forever.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Avoid at any cost. Noisy, non-fresh food, rude owner, unfriendly waiter, dirty restrom”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Worst kind of restaurant. Deliberately lied to and mislead customer, rude owner, non-fresh food, stinky rest room.
It is the worst restaurant I have ever been to.
Food is expensive for its portion and quality. $30 hot pot is not enough for an adult and additional order of small plate of vegetable is another $5, $6.
After eating there, I had diarrhea for several days. I think it is because the sea food it serves is not fresh, so I had a food poison. I never had diarrhea from hot pot before.
The waitress/waiters are all cold faced without any smile. Only asking several times, they come to refill the water.
The bath room is dirty and stinky. The faucet handles are covered with lime and water stain. I wonder if they ever clean it.
And the owner, the worst. Arrogant to customer, trade them like second class citizen. They lied to customer. I called to confirm a discount beforehand and got positive reply from reservation that it applies. When we get there, we asked and got confirmation again from the reservation people that it should work without any problem. But the bill came, it had no discount. We argued, the owner is so pleased to tell us that “I am the owner. I say that it doesn’t apply. It doesn’t apply. I don’t care what the reservation said. Screw you !!!”.
Have you ever met a restaurant owner who treated customer like this? It is unbelievable! It is such a shame!

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Hudson, Massachusetts
“If you are Asian, you will get GREAT service...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

If you aren't you may have to wait... a bit, you will get ignored, and they could care less, because you are NOT the clientelle they care about. BUT the dim sum any day of the week is REALLY GOOD, sushi is ok and the pad thai and noodle dishes as well as the hot pot soup are worth going for.

But service for the mainstream hispano, white, or simply NOT Asian, is hit and miss. One lunch we had a GREAT server and the next day I bring business associates, and we were ignored for a good 20 minutes. Fortunately we had business to conduct (and know they were NOT letting us be because we were talking, this is NOT the first time that has happened to us...) and it was worth waiting for the food.

• Visited July 2013