“Thanksgiving layover” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Natick
Natick, MA, United States
“Thanksgiving layover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located in a suburb of Boston and within a large shopping mall complex. The complimentary breakfast goes well beyond the usual traveler fare and is served in a welcoming atmosphere.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Judith K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Boston-Natick, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Robert,

On behalf of all of us at the Hampton Inn Boston./Natick we are very pleased you selected our hotel for your Thanksgiving visit and most delighted that you found our location, just steps from the Natick Mall very convenient.

Thank you for your compliments on our Hampton Breakfast buffet!

Robert, all of us here would look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to metro west Boston.

Best wishes for the holidays!

Judith Kalfon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Lewes, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I found toilet paper in the toilet Walls were paper thin You could hear the voices -noises from the hall in the room The halls and room appeared dark and old The desk attentants were preoccupied with other employees

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Judith K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Boston-Natick, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Katie J,

We appreciate your taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Boston-Natick.
Please accept our apology that you found the room noisy and had a housekeeping issue. We certainly will work diligently to insure that issues of this type do not occur again.

If you would like to contact me, I would be happy to put a note in your guest profile that you would prefer a room in a quiet area of the hotel which should help with your comfort going forward. We hope that you will chose to stay with us again.

Kind regards,
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I had a great stay. The room was very, very clean. The hotel staff was excellent and very helpful. I was there for a convention and the hotel handled the event to perfection.The only complaint I have was the food that was served during the convention was cold and not very good. Althougt the breakfast for both morning I stayed was good. I would definatly recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: They had these awesome suites that had a huge living space, big bathroom and a king bed. You could a...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Judith K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Boston-Natick, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Thankful,

We are thankful for you! We know you have choices and are thrilled you chose the Hampton Inn Boston/Natick and had an outstanding experience. Thank you for letting us know how extremely clean you found our guestrooms and the excellent handling of your convention.

I will certainly check on the temperature of our banquet food, but am glad that you found the Hampton breakfast to your liking.

We hope you and your group will return and visit us again.

Best wishes for the Holiday Season!

Manchester, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Having read some other reviews, I was a tad concerned about our room. But everthing was fine, room was clean and quiet, bed was comfy. Breakfast was good - staff kept up with the weekend blitz. Would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Judith K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Boston-Natick, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Allan,

We appreciate your review!

Thank you for letting others know that you had a good experience and that you found your guestroom clean and quiet with a comfortable bed.

We are delighted you will stay with us again when next you visit the Boston area.

If I can ever be of assistance to you in your travel planning, please let me know.,

Cordially,
cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I have just returned from a 5 night stay here and had a fantastic stay. Our room was spotless and very comfortable. We travel to Boston every year and this is the first time we stayed in this particular hotel, however this will be our 1st choice in future. Last year we stayed only 5 minutes from the Hampton Inn, payed 10 euro more and were not at all happy with the accomadation. This hotel is spotless, warm and we felt very safe here. We would highly recommend this hotel in the future and will definitely return next year

Dear Carri,

Thank you for your 5 Star Review of the Hampton Inn Boston/Natick!

All of us are thrilled you had a wonderful stay with us and we certainly look forward to welcoming you again next year!

Kind regards,
pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Not only is price usually very fair but staff is helpful and friendly, rooms are clean and generous breakfast buffet. Particularly like that ALL bedding is cleaned including Duvet covers. Some rooms need a little care- paint chipping in bathrooms and bars of soap could be a little more generous, but overall very pleasant. It is our place to stay when in that area.

Dear Gram,

We certainly appreciate your review of the Hampton Inn and are pleased that you found our staff both helpful and friendly.

Our breakfast buffet is generous and does offer an abundant hot and cold selections including made to order waffles, cereals, eggs, yogurts and an array of breakfast breads and pastries. Thank you for commenting on the cleanliness of our guest rooms. Our housekeeping staff will be delighted you noticed their efforts.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.

Best for the upcoming holidays!

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed here the first week of November (Yes... he got to go to the winning game 6 of the World Series!) This is my husband's hotel of choice when he travels to Framingham, which is quite regularly. I liked so many things about this hotel.

It was clean, the staff were very friendly and the breakfast was spot on and consistent with other Hampton Inns - including the traditional waffle maker.

But the location is what sets this Hampton Inn apart from other hotels in the area. The Natick Mall is RIGHT ACROSS the street from the hotel. Although there is not a sidewalk or walking path, and you do have to cross traffic, there is a stop light. Once on the other side of the street (Speen St.) there is a sidewalk and the mall is yours to explore. Wear your walking shoes and you will get in one great walk. If you think you will be purchasing a lot, you could drive over. Or... the hotel has a shuttle service available to take you anywhere in the area (more on that below).

There are tons of great restaurants in the area, all within a few minutes. We went to Legal Seafood one night. There is an awesome Mexican 1/2 a mile down Speen called Taqueria Mexico that I will definitely be visiting on my next visit.

As I was saying the hotel has a shuttle service. I used it the second day I was there and they dropped me off at the West Natick commenter Rail line for a nice 40 minute ride to Back Bay. You can find the schedule online and also download an app and purchase your tickets right there on your phone. I did this right before I got on the train, downloaded the app, purchased a round-trip ticket, and the conductor came by at that moment and I showed him my app-ticket and walla! So easy.

Now... about that missing star on this review. I only gave the hotel 4 stars because of one major problem. The shuttle service they use if not solely for their hotel. I did not know this and they did not tell me. On the third day I went to the front desk and asked for the shuttle service, they showed up, same time as the day before, to take me to the West Natick commuter rail. The only problem? The shuttle had to drop off 6 other people BEFORE me. One at a hotel and 5 at the Logan Express bus shuttle. Big problem. Since the train only comes ones an hour (and sometimes not even then) I had to figure out a new way to get into town. If I had a plane to catch, I would have to pay $75.00 for a taxi.

Fortunately I was just sightseeing and planning on meeting some friends in town and had given myself plenty of time. So I drove myself over to the Natick commuter rail line, parked there, waited 15 minutes and took the mass transit line, got off at Hynes and walked 10 minutes to my destination. Pretty much a hassle and a longer travel time (1 1/2 hours total with the 15 minute drive up front.) ANYWHO... why do I tell you this? Not to bash the hotel clerks; they did a fine job at what they do. BUT I do wish they would have told me the shuttle was not reliable.

I do plan on using it again when I go up, but will try and narrow down to make sure they can definitely get me to the Commuter Rail on time. Otherwise I will drive over myself and skip the shuttle. BTW... the subway is much cheaper ($5.00 round trip) and the rail was more ($16.00 round trip but faster and a bit nicer).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Judith K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Boston-Natick, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Kim Misk,

We appreciate you taking the time to review the Hampton Inn and your recent pleasant visit with us. All of us here are very pleased that we are the hotel of choice for you and your family. Our location cannot be better for sightseeing, shopping, and getting around to the many Boston sights.

With regard to our shuttle,we do operate a shuttle for the convenience of our guests coming or going to destinations within a 2 mile radius of the hotel. Because we often have multiple guests going to a variety of destinations, frequently there are stops along the way. I do apologize that it is not a direct service, however, we are serving a number of guests.in the most efficient way possible.

Again, many thanks for your kind words about your stay and for taking the time to share your feedback with others. We hope to welcome you and your family again soon.

Best wishes for the Holidays!

Judith Kalfon

Been to Hampton Inn Boston-Natick? Share your experiences!