“Room okay as expected, breakfast area manager NOT okay” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Natick
Nassau, New Providence Island
“Room okay as expected, breakfast area manager NOT okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We spent one night at the Courtyard Marriott Natick because we were en route and checking in quite late, and it was convenient to our final destination. The room was fine, although the towels were threadbare Frette knock-offs. Breakfast was not included, which we knew, but there was a breakfast area with various items for sale. Knowing this, we had brought in our own breakfast cookies and planned to purchase coffee and milk to go with. However, when we had purchased the liquids (self service) and sat down to eat, the manager approached us and asked if we had purchased the cookies there or had brought them in. When we replied that we had brought them in, he said in an angry sort of way that this was not permitted. There were no signs to our knowledge indicating that this was the policy, nor was there any indication in the hotel literature or reservation material that this was not permitted. He "allowed" us to stay and finish our coffee, milk, and cookies, but the dirty looks and angry tone left us with a bad taste in our mouths, so to speak.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Frank D, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Natick, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Please accept my apology for your unsatisfactory experience in our breakfast area. You should of been able to enjoy your cookies and coffee without having to purchase the breakfast buffet. If you happen to stay with us again I would be happy to offer you breakfast complimentary.

Frank Dorsey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Springfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I was able to check in early, which was a plus but found the front desk people not to be very friendly. The only friendly person was a waiter by the name of Edmond, he work at the Hotel Restaurant, the food is good! the price is reasonable, and he was great with my two kids. :-)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my family on a Saturday night. I had a conference on Sunday at another hotel and called to arrange an extended stay with the staff. I was able to speak to the front desk staff and the manager and they were very helpful accommodating my needs. I love the Marriott chain and this hotel was as expected.
Pros:
1) It was conveniently located near the Natick Mall (packed with holiday shoppers).
2) The hotel provided shuttle service to local businesses. I was able to get a ride on Sunday morning with a lovely staff member who got me there on time.
3) Pool on site (also fitness center). We used the pool a couple of times and the lifeguard was very friendly and attentive. Although the pool was heated, the pool was a bit colder than expected but it is the winter time.
4) Check-in and check-out was easy. We had a very friendly staff member check us in and we were able to check in with no problems with all of our requests (pack-and play, away from elevator). The spinning of the wheel for Marriott points was a bonus for my daughter.
5) Coffee and tea were provided for guests in the lobby area.

Cons (minor):
1) We had breakfast at the restaurant on site and I was not impressed with the overall food. The staff however were courteous.
2) Room size was smaller and could have been cleaner. The room was packed with a queen sized bed, full-size sofa couch, dresser, chair and desk. A bit tight if you were to do anything else but sleep in the room.
3) Extra bedding was missing from the closet when we arrived. We had to call to request the extra sheets, pillow and blanket for the sofa bed. On the plus side, the items arrived promptly after our phone call.
4) Internet surcharge. If you were not paying attention and hit the high speed internet by mistake, you were charged extra for the service. Frankly, I did not see a huge difference in speed. When I questioned the charges, the manager did call me back to explain the charges.

Overall, I was impressed with the follow-up when issues arose. The hotel was as expected and we appreciated the extra accommodations the staff made for us. We would stay again at this hotel in the future and would recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

We travel a bit and usually stay at the 5 star, sometimes slum the 4 star but Natick MA doesn't offer either so the Courtyard was our pick. The Marriott chain really have their act together and the Courtyard Natick is no exception. We were welcomed by the delightful staff and check-in was quick and easy. Our room was clean, quite and had the most comfortable bed ever (well, not counting our own at home). I would stay here again and even recommend it to my mother.

Room Tip: We liked the 6th floor but I think all the rooms are good in this hotel
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This hotel is a great value. We travel with two small children so our room gets messy quickly. We came back from the indoor pool to find our room cleaned, new towels, additional toiletries, and fresh supply of coffee. All the staffs were friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Stratford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Visiting friends in Natick area we selected the Courtyard because of conveninece and experience with other Courtyard properties around the States. Staff was very friendly upon check in (some of it definitely due to the World Series excitement), but they wlecomed us by name. Room was very nice and you could tell newly updated, comfortable bed, clean room. Only the common hallways and the elevator seemed tired ...faded carpet, a little too walked on.
Jake's Bar, we had a great server . She was friendly and even though not a Bostonian by birth, a big fan of the Red Sox and she made jest of my NY Yankee affinity! Breakfast server was just as friendly and efficient. Overall pleasant people, great room, convenient to Framingham and Nadick.

Room Tip: High floor rear of building.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed here about 1.5years ago for business. Even though my company initially wanted me to stay at a different hotel close by, I purposely requested to stay here. All the employes here are wonderful.
They remember your name, greet you and talk to you with very welcoming attitude.
Jill, Mary, Beth, and Carolyn....all of you, wonderful people at Courtyard marriott. Thank you for being my home again for two week!
I'll be back again~

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Boston Natick? Share your experiences!