“Like Nonni's kitchen!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Boston, Massachusetts
“Like Nonni's kitchen!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

If you want authentic Italian, go to Lola's in downtown Natick. They offer a great selection of freshly prepared meals, sandwiches and side dishes that you won't find anywhere in the area. Prices are reasonable and portions generous. They also have refrigerated and frozen entrees and soups you can bring back home to impress your guests.
The place is small and unpretentious, and the staff always make you feel welcomed.
The 'market' section of Italian products is pretty good, although the prices on those items a little high (I can find Nutella at another store for less).

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

91% Recommend
Waltham, Massachusetts
“Wow - great place ! I am so glad I stopped in there :D You HAVE to try the food !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I must have driven past this place 1000 times and never went inside?! I had just left the Natick Outdoor Store and was hungry so I wanted something tasty. While I was stopped in traffic, I looked over and pulled into Lola's. Some how I was drawn to it - don't ask my why, LOL. I asked the woman behind the counter what was good and she said the meatball subs were great, chicken parm and Italian sub - it came down to if I wanted something hot or cold. It was my first time there and had the urge for an Italian sub so that is what I got - everything including hots! I stopped at nearby park and began enjoying my sub: it wasn't skimpy and most of the time I am left feeling hungry after a large sub (yeah, I have am immense appetite - I eat for 3 people, really!). I was pleasantly stuffed and the small cannoli was perfect to top off my late lunch!

The following day, I was wondering how the other hot subs were going to be so I went in for a late lunch again: this time I went with the recommended meatball sub (woman said I would be in for a treat if I hadn't had a good one in a while!). I sat down and opened up my sub: roll was lightly toasted to perfect, cheese melted below the meat balls - OMG, it tasted even better than it looked !!! Each bite I was savoring and when I was done, I wasn't hungry and very content. I purchased a package of assorted Italian cookies as well because they looked good. OMG, the cookies are to die for - I have to find out who made them!!! Usually, the cookies LOOK good, but lacked some love when they were made: these cookies were awesome. Who ever baked those cookies obviously put a lot of LOVE in making them. I think in a previous life I was Italian - may be because I love Italian food so much (I love Italian woman as well, LOL :D)!!

I began telling people about this hidden gem! I plan on taking my friend's over at next opportunity! I went back to tell the woman behind the counter how much I loved the meatball sub - she told me that on Wednesday's (7-9 pm) they have pasta night: spaghetti, two meatballs, garlic bread & etc!! She lost me at meatballs, LOL - she said even she ate it every Wednesday night so that has to say that it is just more than comfort food. Some one else walking past us talking was happy to see us so excited about the food. If I worked there I would be 300+ lbs - I would just take the food as my pay...... really, it is THAT good.

So the next time you are driving through Natick center - Lola's is on the right hand side just before the intersection of RT27 & Rt 135. If you love Italian food, you have to stop and try their food. They sold trays of food as well along with other fine imported groceries! I plan on trying the Italian wedding soup and the chicken parm next time I go in. :D

How did I miss this place?! I am happy to have found it - who cares about my waist size, I can just workout a little more, LOL.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Framingham, Massachusetts
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011 via mobile

Yummy food not to much $$. Also downtown Natick is cutento walk around.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere