“Friendly helpful service and a nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Middleboro
new york
“Friendly helpful service and a nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We booked rooms in this hotel after an unfortunate incident in our previous location regarding a sewer problem (that flooded and ruined our belongings), and our day was going horribly from the day trip to Boston and the return to our accommodations. When I called and spoke with Leandra on the phone, she was very helpful, understanding, and pleasant. This experience continued with every member of the staff, and the front desk was extraordinary and very accommodating; especially regarding our situation and the loss of some belongings and essentials. There were always fresh baked cookies ready to be shared (and my children loved this) and the free breakfast is amazing from the delicious scrambled eggs to the vast array of other options available.
My youngest son loved the pool (although a little chilly for an indoor pool)!
Thank you to the ladies that helped us and were so kind in our situation; you helped to make an unpleasant experience on our vacation more easy to bear!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Our family stayed at this property last night. It took more than 30 minutes for the man at the front desk to check us in. There was someone waiting behind us, but no one before us. It just took that long. He could not figure out what rooms they had. The room was nice, in the typical HIE fashion. The next morning we went down for breakfast. They were out of everything. There was a lady that would bring an item out every 5 or so minutes. Many items were never replenished in the time that we were there. There were several people waiting for food items to be replenished. We travel often and this is some of the worst service I have seen in a hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Middleboro, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Deborah G,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we take all comments seriously and value the chance to make improvements where possible.

I am truly sorry that we were not able to provide you with an exemplary service on check in. Additionally, please accept my sincerest apologies for the lapse in service with reference to your breakfast experience.

I regret that you found these aspects of your stay displeasing, your comments will certainly be looked into and will be used to reconsider updates. We all hope that should your travel plans bring you back to our area, you will give our hotel another try and allow us to redeem your faith in our service.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Middleboro, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I came in on a company trip through a nice drive and lightning storm. Needless to say, my night was not going well. The lady (Leandra) changed that with her friendly demeanor, pleasantness, and helpful attitude. Stayed for the week and the rooms were spacious and clean. Breakfast was simple but nice. The entire staff for the was really helpful. So much so Leandra and Jill helped me pick out my dinner for the last day of my stay. Would definitely stay here again when I am back in the area. Thanks so much for everything!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
staysmart, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Middleboro, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! We strive to provide the best accommodations for our guests and being provided with input from our guests help us be successful at it. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we will be your choice again in the near future!
Southport, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have stayed here 5 nights in the last 2 weeks. The hotel is clean and comfortable. Taking a left out of the property can be a bit challenging during rush hour as is taking a left from the exits off 495. The hotel staff is great and it was close to where I was working. Dinner options are about a mile away. I chose to walk because the traffic stinks. All in all, I would stay here again because of the location to where I needed to be.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
staysmart, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Middleboro, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
GaryM-
I appreciate your review about your most recent stay at our property. I do understand traffic wise it can be tricky with all the main roads coming to a head. However, like you mentioned our location is centrally located for many attractions and restaurants. Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Saint Matthews, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed a couple of days and for the most part it was good. Did have two simple but weird maint issues 1 a softball size whole in the shade and no handle on the cold water. They fixed it all was good the breakfast was free but very limited. The only thing that made me mad was when housekeeping woke me up at 8am to see if I was still there on my last day

• Stayed May 2013
staysmart, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Middleboro, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
To Erscemt,
Thank you for your response on your recent stay at our property. I do apologize for the maintenance mishaps you came across. We are currently updating our breakfast to have more variety for the guests. We encourage any feedback that can help us improve to be your chosen destination when in the Cape/Plymouth area.
Tonawanda, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

I stay at this location for business on a regular basis. This is a nice hotel with comfortable beds and nice furnishings. The hotel needs a few nicer people at the front desk upon check-in. No personality at all but hey all I need is my key and the bill to be correct. I would stay here again and again as longs as they keep the property up.

• Stayed May 2013
To Paul_da_Bulldog,
Thank you for writing a review on your stay on our property. We appreciate all feedback and are always looking for ways to improve to meet our guests needs. We especially care about the needs of our frequent guests. Thank you for choosing us to be your home away from home.
South Dartmouth, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My family and I had been traveling and decided to stop here. There was a gentlemen working on the night shift. Stephen. He was the MOST polite, courteous and attentive young man. When we got to our rooms, we were pleasantly surprised by how spacious the rooms were. Great amenities. We went to the pool, which was great but the spa pool was out of service. Breakfast was probably the worst part of my experience. I don't know what type of eggs those are that your company is using, but there terrible. They had a pancake machine that was out of order. Overall I give my experience at this hotel a 6 out of 10, due to the great customer service and the great rooms.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
staysmart, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Middleboro, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Evadney s-
Thank you for your review after your stay at our property. I am proud of our friendly and helpful staff, we strive to be your home away from home. I am also pleased our room accommodations were comfortable for you and your family. However, I do apologize for the breakfast experience you had. We are in the process of improving our breakfast, we want our guests to feel full and satisfied every morning. We have recently been providing fruit from the local farm stand and are always looking for feedback. Once again thank you and I do hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Middleboro? Share your experiences!