“Strategic location between Boston and Cape Cod but...” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Middleboro
Grand Montréal (great Montreal)
“Strategic location between Boston and Cape Cod but...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

When we booked our room at this hotel, I was sure to get a "standard" Holiday Inn room... Clean, affordable and high quality service as we get usualy at HI hotels but here is my objective opinion.

Let start with the pros:
-Strategic location between Boston and Cape Cod and from the Premium outlets.
-Breakfast included
-Check in staff is polite and courteous

The cons:
-Our room smelled smoke (cig. smoke) a lot!!! even for a non smoking room...
-The room was not very clean and maintained
-Noise from the lobby doors (mechanism of the doors) was very disturbing at night
-Expensive for what we got (+$160 per night)
-Could not accommodate us with a rollaway bed even in a suite (??)

My personal opinion:
Good if you want to travel to Boston and Cape Cod in the same trip.
Not good if you are looking for a HI "standard" hotel.

Room Tip: Upper floors ... (3rd or more)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Middleboro, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear 2Wawa,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased that you liked the hotel location, breakfast service as well as our front office staff. I apologize for the shortcomings you had experienced and the inconvenience you experienced with your room accommodation. I am sorry about the noise and the issues with rollaway bed. It is our goal to consistently ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to provide rates that are competitive in the area. It is our regret that we fell below your expectations. While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Lera M
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Leicester, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

This place blows. My friend got married in East Bridgewater at The Villa. Not many hotels in the area, this one seemed to be the safest. She requested a king suite. A few of the bridesmaids were staying the night before the wedding and she and her fiance would be staying the night of the wedding. She also specifically requested an iPod compatible radio (we wanted to have music while getting our hair/makeup done in the morning). She arrived to find out that they bumped her into a regular queen room WITH 2 BEDS. Apparently they thought she and her groom should spend their first night as a married couple a la the 50's - in separate beds. Awesome. To make it even better, they bumped her out of the king suite to accommodate an influx of guests arriving for a horse show. Apparently, guests arriving for a horse show needed a nice suite more than a couple of newlyweds... the lady at the front desk said this was because she noticed that 3 people were staying in the room the first night... umm, yeah... the bridesmaids... which she also told them when she made the reservation... which was why we needed the larger room. In this new, small, 2 bedded room, there was also no iPod station, which she was assured they would have for us in the room. We had to go down and ask for one, which the front desk girl went and stole from another room. Again, this place blows.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Middleboro, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear ErinDennis,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with your room accommodations and the poor service you received. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C
Beverly Ma.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Since my last review of this hotel, the customer service has plummeted, I have been using this hotel for business for years, mainly staying weekends, and how things can go to hell, in just one years time, is almost mind boggling! Last Septmeber, I stayed over a series of 4 weekends, getting a different rate each time, depending on who the manager on duty was! One weekend, I was offered one rate, and charged a higher rate, because the girl working the overnight, didn't know how to do the paperwork, shame on me for not catching her mistake on the receipt, the following weekend, I was given the key card to a third floor room, only I misread the card to be a second floor room, the key card managed to open the door of said mistaken room, and I was none the wiser, UNTIL, at 2:30am, when someone who actually had booked the room, showed up, with his wife, opened the door, and woke me out of dead sleep, imagine the horror on the faces of these unsuspecting people, face to face, with a half dressed, giant of a man, well armed(I never sleep without a weapon!) they apologized, and went back to the desk, in order to get another room! I called down to the desk, and raised the obvious question WTF?? Proceeding down to the lobby, I produced the key card, when I read the number, I realized my mistake, but still was mystified why it would work on a different room door?! When the night manager ran the key card, it didn't go to either room, but to yet a third room, all together! At this point, exhausted, and ready to rip someone's head off, I explained I had no intention on changing rooms at 3am, and after some debate, and facing the specter of a call to her General manager, she finally programmed the right key, to the room I was already in. This coupled with the last minute rate switch, the weekend before, and all this without even a hint of compensation for my trouble, and embarrassment, means that I will be staying at the Fairfield Inn, right next door, for this coming fall!

Room Tip: Go next door!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Middleboro, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear pyrate_by_trade,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Lera M
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Convenient location for those on the way to Cape Cod or Newport. Staff was friendly. Room was clean with enough room for 4 of us. Towels were thin and only toiletries were shampoo and conditioner. Small pool with way too much chlorine. Busy hotel, but plenty of room at breakfast and decent food selection.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Springfield, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I made the reservation after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor. Front desk clerk was a young man may be a trainee and he was unable to charge my credit card correctly. Next morning I noticed that my room rate was incorrect I had to ask them to fix it. Rooms were not very clean and one of the room had a bad smell.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Middleboro, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear Anjum01,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Connie D
Brockton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

The front desk clerk Daralyn was very friendly and sweet. She was very ncie to all the girls that stayed with my party. She was familiar with the area and helpful with directions. The hotel was clean and the breakfast was very good. Would stay here again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

The staff was unfriendly and the rooms weren't very clean. And worst of all there was a prostitute across the hall with multiple Johns coming and going.

• Stayed June 2012
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Middleboro, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Dear Caliguy170,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Regards,

Jaime W
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Middleboro? Share your experiences!