“Beautiful.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Menemsha B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Beautiful.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

This is a very nice property. The grounds were immaculate. Our room was very clean and had a gorgeous ocean view. Our dear friends had their wedding here and our only complaint was that the staff was completely overwhelmed. We did book the entire inn for the wedding party and guests, they were not fully prepared with food and drink. Everything fantastic though and the friendly good natured staff did their best to accommodate everyone. One thing off note. They make their own granola and it is out of this world! We begged them to by a bag they said that it wasn't for sale. All in all quite a beautiful place to stay though and the price reflects it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

When we first arrived we met Virginia who is great..our room wasn't ready so she told us where to go and when we returned an hour1/2 later our room was ready. I was really excited because i was told I had an ocean view and we rented a cottage which sounded romantic but when we got to our room the first thing I saw was dirt and hair on the bathroom floor apparently had not been washed and when I went to look for a hair dryer under the sink there were mouse droppings...the cottage desperately needs a remodel it is worn..the walls are scratched, when we moved the blender on the counter an old beer bottle and chips were found so I would say cleanliness is not their strong suit. I called the desk and they did send someone down to clean the bathroom...There was not one sliver of ocean did I see from the cottage..if I had known that I never would have spent 500.00 a nite. We cancelled all our dinner reservations did not need to be ripped off anymore then we were but Larsens lobsters were what we ate during our 4 day stay and the lobster bisque was wonderful. I left my pillow there and when I called a gentlemen told me he would send it the next day...well I had to call several times and the girl who answered told me to give her my UPS# which Virginia said made no sense as they don't even have UPS at their Inn. I asked where was my pillow and they said it was still there three weeks later...did not even bother to call me and let me know there excuse was it is August the busiest time of the year so no one could spare the time to go to the post office. It took almost a month and I did not sleep well which is why I take my pillow with me. Good luck Menemsha...you will never see any of my friends or family or us again. There are better places to go for that kind of money and no view. This is the first time trip advisor was wrong. We stayed in the Beach Plum Cottage.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
New Rochelle, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We just returned from four nights at the Inn and loved it. (my husband and I stayed at the Beach Plum Inn a couple of years ago and decided we had to come back with the kids) We are a family of five and found our accommodations terrific. The breakfast which is included is lovely and its nice to also be able to go to the Beach Plum Inn and order from their menu as well. (try the homemade donuts!)
Having a car pass to take advantage of Lucy Vincent beach is huge. The kids loved the big waves. We just booked our dates for next August. Thanks for a wonderful time!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is the most beautiful place I have ever stayed. At Sixty plus, I have definitely have a few places to compare. The beauty of nature, sunset view from the room, charm of the staff, activity or the lack thereof, I could go on and on and will. The related facilities and restaurants were delicious icing on the cake. At the Home Port restaurant, a takeout is a gourmet feast of the freshest seafood. Take it back to your private sunset or use the outdoor tables on the spot. Even better relax by dining inside with same sunset view. Breakfast at the Beach Plum was just a divine.

No, I did not just eat but great shopping a few miles away takes fuel!

Room Tip: Try the one in the trip adviser ad, we did and loved it.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
chicago IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

We spent four nights at the Menemsha Inn. Our room was conveniently located in one of the main buildings and was very comfortable with a beautiful view of the ocean from our balcony. The property is beautifully landscaped and includes a tennis court, fitness center, basketball court and ping pong table. Yoga classes are offered by the Inn. Bikes with helmets are available for rental. Passes are available to private beach.Staff is friendly and knowledgeable; continental breakfast is included. Menemsha is great as it's close to everything (15 minute drive to Edgartown and Vineyard Haven)..

• Stayed August 2012
Wakfield
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed here for a wedding a June. Although the view and grounds were beautiful, that was about it. For the money they charge a night the service should be stronger. When we arrived our room was not ready. granted wThere was no sense of urgency to get the room ready and from what we could see it didn't look like they were overwhelmed with quests. Let's just say I didn't feel like an important customer. Rooms were average. A lot of bugs at this place. There was an oder of trash or land fill that was so over powering at times (on the property) that we had to wonder if sewage had backed up somewhere at some point. Simply put, this place is not worth the money they are asking.

Room Tip: Here is a tip. stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed at Menemsha Inn for our honeymoon. While the property is absolutely beautiful, our lodging was not satisfactory. We stayed in a cabin where there were dead bugs smeared all over the walls and ceilings. An air-conditioning unit was crammed into the bedroom window, with wide space around it, letting in even more bugs (we had to shove towels around the sides to seal the space). The water didn't get really hot and there was very poor water pressure. It takes a very long walk across a marsh to get to the public beach, although the private beach, which we were provided a pass for, was very nice. Although the setting was beautiful, it doesn't seem like it was worth $500 a night to stay in a space with bugs (both alive and dead), and poor water pressure. It was definitely disappointing and we will not go back. We spent our last 2 nights in the Captain Flanders Inn, which is right across the street from Menemsha, and which was cheaper, cleaner, and had better water heat and pressure.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Menemsha Inn and Cottages? Share your experiences!