“STILL 'WARM AND WELCOMING'” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Medford

You added Hyatt Place Medford to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Medford
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   116 Riverside Drive, Medford, MA 02155 (Formerly AmeriSuites Boston Medford)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Medford
Rockingham, Vermont
“STILL 'WARM AND WELCOMING'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed here last February and had a good experience. We came again for my son's surgery right before Christmas and it was still the same if not better. (the breakfast buffet was better). It was easier to take a taxi to Beth Israel than the "T". Staying here rather than Boston is much better and cheaper, even taking a taxi! The Hyatt Medford has free WiFi, breakfast and parking. We love downtown Medford! The restaurant choice rivals Boston. My daughter's favorite place is the "Blue Fuji". The food is excellent and we ate there two night's in a row. I have been telling my friends about this place when they decide to come to Boston.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room, but if you need to take a taxi to Boston, CALL Boston Taxi, NOT the Medfor...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Sebastian
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here while I was doing some training in Boston. The hotel prices in downtown where just out of our price range, 3-4x what this Hyatt cost. The hotel was nice, clean, staff was friendly. The room was large had a nice couch and a great HD TV.

I really wish they would do a shuttle to Logan, but they do offer a shuttle to a Metro Station, Davis Park which is on the red line.

The only problems I had was they did not tell me that this shuttle did not start until 7:30am and as I waited, they waited until after 7:30am to even call the driver. They also did not explain how to get a shuttle back later that day so I just walked the 2 miles.

They are within walking distance to a few nice places to eat, maybe a 5min walk. The shops though seem to close early, CVS was closed by 8pm.

All in all I would probably stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt Place Medford for 8 nights, with my sister and my 7month old. Although we were in Boston for a sad occasion (my grandfather's funeral) I cannot say enough good things about the high standard of this hotel. We originally choose it for the kitchenette facility in the rooms, which are great for preparing baby food. But have to say we were pleasantly surprised - our stay at hyatt place was exceptional, from the friendly, helpful staff, superb, clean rooms, delicious breakfast spread and covienient shuttle service, there is just so much that contributed to making our stay an absolute pleasure.

I highly recommend this hotel.

To add a balanced view, the only things that may not be ideal is that the hotel is not in the centre of Boston, but it's not that far away on public transport. Even better if you have a car and I think the hotel offers free parking! Also there was no room service or restaurant, so you have to pop out to get food.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Saratoga Springs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Booked this hotel via Hotwire at $113 a night tax and fees included. Room consisted of a mini-suite and was nicely appointed with wet bar and larger than average flat screen TV. Wet bar in the room had a mini-refrigerator. Front desk staff was very accommodating. Free breakfast was mostly continental but did include waffles and egg McMuffin type sandwiches. Exercise room was cardio only. No resistance machines or free weights. The shuttle will take you to the closest "T" station but you will need to take an additional city bus (free) to the next "T" station as the original station is closed on weekends. Room furniture was a bit worn but I felt matched the price paid for the room. I would give this hotel a 3 star rating.

Room Tip: Room #501 was away from elevator and ice machine and therefore quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was a last minute stop due to a funeral and we got a top floor room with a view of the city. room was huge and nice. clean and comfy. Breakfast was good, lots of regular options and some home made things too. Its located right off 93 with free parking. Only negative was during a thunderstorm the satellite tv kept going in and out.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ventura, Calif
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

First the good:

Staff at front desk was great! Very helpful and professional. Breakfast was decent. Location was good for a walk into Medford. The shuttle to the "T" train into Boston was always available and on the pick-up back to the hotel, always prompt after we called for a pick-up.

The room was fine, but we were given a "physically impaired" one, which was a little awkward with the room layout not being as nice as that of our friends who got a regular room. This situation might have been because it appeared that the hotel was full due to Tuft U. parents' weekend and maybe some other events.

Which brings me to my only serious complaint- the price! We were charged $300/night, (through Expedia), and this was the "rack rate" posted on the back of the door. The price is way too high- should have been in the $150/night range. Another slight problem was our trying to use the "T" system into Boston- the staff should explain to everyone being shuttled to the transit system how to use the automated vending machines with the "Charlie" cards, etc. Would have saved us a confusing time at the Medford station which is unmanned.

That is why I am giving this only 3 stars.

Food Sniffer

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

This place is a bit expensive, but it's a bargain compared to most others in the area. The rooms are enormous, and there's a free shuttle that will take you anywhere in Somerville/Medford anytime you want, which was extremely convenient. The breakfast leaves something to be desired - there are a lot of options, but everything on the hot side looked downright gross. That said, the more conventional continental breakfast items were fine. I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Place Medford? Share your experiences!