“Excellent food & atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 126 Restaurants in Medford
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian fusion
Newton, Massachusetts
“Excellent food & atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

We love this place! After hearing of Yoki through a coworker, I ended up going here on a first date. Not only did we fall in love with the food and atmosphere, we actually fell in love and still continue to visit Yoki together. The Red Sox Maki roll is by far one of the best sushi rolls I've ever had, and as of late, the Hawaii Maki roll has topped our favorites list...it has that little bit of spicy, with the citris of the pinapple and topped with the crunch of the tempura flakes, mmm. We've tried their noodle dishes once and they were very good too, but the sushi is where its at! The atmosphere is modern but with a sleek, lounge feel to it. The lights are dimmed and there is good house/current music in the background, but is not overbearing at all. The service has always been great, they check on us, bring us extra sauces and don't just leave us hanging. To top it off, a must try, is the Momokawa Asian Pear Saki, its veryyy refreshing.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Boston, Massachusetts
“Good food, but expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

I love sushi but sushi at Yoki is expensive! I love the atmosphere which keeps me coming (techno music and romantic lighting) but this is not the place for cheap sushi. Service could have been alittle better but what can you expect from an Asian restaurant?

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, MA
“Fresh Sushi, Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I have been coming here for a few years and am never disapointed in the quality of the sushi (I usually get tuna and salmon shashimi and the Red Sox Roll) or the attentivness of the staff. I tend to sit at the bar and and the bartenders are engaging and if you don't know what you want to drink they will ask you what your taste preferences are and they will hook you up with a great drink!

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Our "regular" sushi spot in Boston's metro-north.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

PRO'S: fancy maki rolls (Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, Patriots in descending favorite order), VERY generous sashimi portions, they usually have white tuna, good hot fried gyoza, the "Summer Lake" app was delicious, T-accessable.

CON'S: odd music selection (techno then Glee soundtrack), busy free parking due to concentration of shops & apartments.

SUGGEST: check it out. Not the BEST best sushi around, but mos def our fav metro-north.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Explosive diarrhea”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011 via mobile

My wife's udon and my bento were ok. However, my sons (raised in Asia, no weak stomach) ordered eel avocado maki. Within minutes they were violently ill.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere