“Try the clams!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Malden, Massachusetts
“Try the clams!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

This restaurant usually surprises me. The steak is great. The pasta is great too. The steamed clams were fantastic too! I really enjoy this restaurant.

Visited April 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
“Medford Italian eatery”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We visited this little Italian restaurant one Sunday night when neither of us felt like cooking. My seafood diablo dish was okay, but skimpy on the fetuccine underneath. The decor was dated and the restaurant felt cramped even though it was a quiet, uncrowded night. I guess my overall impression was that the food was okay, but not that great. It was pricey given the limitations in the atmosphere.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Medford, Massachusetts
“Just the facts”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

After walking by this place a few times we decided to try it, it looked decent from the outside however we were completely disappointed, the decor was old, the tables sticky, the food tasteless, the wine was flat as if the bottle had been open for a while, the staff was not familiar with the menu etc. this place needs an extreme makeover and a far better chef...save your money this place is not worth it.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
new hampshire
“A little expensive for pretty good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Went here on a week night, it was almost empty. It is not a very big place, interior is dated. The staff was friendly, but it took a long time to get our food. The food was pretty good, but a little pricey for pretty good italian. Overall too many other choices for me to highly recommend.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Somerville, Massachusetts
“italian food, done just right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I went with my husband on a Sunday afternoon to check out the place and use our $25 coupon from Restaurants.com. I ordered vegetarian dishes, hubby went with meat. My tortellini with pesto were perfection! (sublime! magnificent!) Hubby said they were ok, not impressive, but he says ok to most food (I have yet to see him compliment a meal.) His meal (I cannot recall what it was other than it had beef) was also "ok" in his words. He also had a house soup, which that day was a lentil mix. It was a bit too spicy for me, but great for my husband.
The appetizers were a mesclun salad (ok in my eyes, but nothing special) and rolled eggplant (wonderful!). The complimentary bread with dipping oil was a very pleasant surprise: pizza strips as bread and fresh herbs in the oil.
We also ordered a tiramisu for dessert. It was ok. The whipped cream seemed to me hand-made, but I'm not sure about the pastry, it could have been store-bought. However, I'm no great connoisseur of sweets, so I could be wrong. Regardless of where the tiramisu came from, it was just fine as it was.
All in all, we were quite happy with the meal.
The service was excellent, the waiter (Sam?) was extremely attentive, and the atmosphere was quite pleasant.
The bill, after discount, came to $55. You be the judge if this is too much, too little or just right for this meal. Since we only go out to eat about twice a year (yeah, you read that right!) it was ok for us.

• Visited April 2012