“Local flavors for a hot day” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Maynard
Cuisines: Ice Cream
Stow, Massachusetts
“Local flavors for a hot day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Erikson's doesn't have the richest, deepest flavors like other places in the area, but it will do on a hot summer day when you just have to have an ice cream. The lines can be long during the late afternoon and evening, but they go fast.

Visited August 2012

Stow, Massachusetts
“Best ice cream around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This family run ice cream stand has been in business for over 75 years which should tell you something right there! The creamy smooth taste and consisteny of the ice cream is perfect in my opinion. They introduce new flavors each year but my favorite has always been the mocha chip.

Visited September 2012
massachusetts
“Counting the days until they open”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We come here every Sunday night with the family. Even without the family. The ice cream is fresh, the flavors distinctive, the servers lovely, and the prices reasonable. Graham Central Station and Green Monster, we are waiting for you!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Maynard, MA
“addict for Eriksons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I love this ice cream place. When they open I stock up on my frozen yogurt mixing black raspberry chip (with its melt in the mouth dark chocolate chips) with triple chocolate. I try to stock up right before they close. My husband loves their vanilla and other flavors (I am a frozen yogurt person) I do find it a bit annoying that the yogurt has to be hand packed and most of their staff does a poor job packing and I am often cheated. So be aware if you asked to have anything hand packed, they may not pack it well (they should charge less for hand packed rather than more) But I do love the flavors, it is a family business and I will always keep going.

Visited September 2012
Acton, Massachusetts
“Great ice cream, and shorter lines than Kimball's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Our favorite place to go on a warm summer evening for ice cream.
Portions are large-- get a kiddie size unless you're really hungry.

They're only open from late April until mid September, typcially.

Of the three big Ice Cream places nearby (Erickson's, Kimballs, Bedford Farms), they are #1 in our book.

• Visited September 2012