“Great Recommendation” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Recommendation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Soprano's was recommended to us by friends as a good place to go because of their special...$20.95 for three courses. I looked at Tripadvisor and I have to admit I was apprehensive. But my husband wanted to go anyway and see for himself. And I'm glad we did. From the moment we were greeted at the door with a woman with a gracious smile, and seated where we requested to be seated, till we paid the tab, we were not disappointed. Erica was a wonderful waitperson and when I asked her about her choice from the menu...she told me I wouldn't be disappointed with my choice! The honesty was refreshing! Although, she had several tables to attend to, other wait staff picked off where she left off...but Erica came back to check and make sure we were happy! My husband enjoyed his shrimp and scallop scampi and made mention that he didn't think he had ever had scallops with scampi before....delicious! I had the pork chop with roasted potato and veggies and it made my taste buds dance! The meals were delicious and plentiful, with the dessert being a pleasant surprise! I would return and bring my friends that recommended this restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Falmouth, Massachusetts
“Disappointing Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We had avoided Soprano's after a just-average meal a year ago, but returned last evening on the recommendation of friends ---- big mistake. Upon arrival, the hostess was pleasant and the decor of the new restaurant is warm and welcoming, but it was all downhill from there. We were shown to a table for two that was a bench seat, so close to the tables on each side that we were practically in each other's laps. There are 5 of these tables very close together, and they are so small there is barely room enough for bread and a drink. But what really ruined our evening was the service. We ordered 2 appetizers to share, a Ceasar salad and a dish called Vongole al la Siciliana (6 little neck clams stuffed with spinach and breadcrumbs.) The salad came first and was fine, fresh although really nothing special. Then, another waitress brings out a dish and puts it in front of us, and it is clearly linguini with white clam sauce. I explained this wasn't what we ordered, so she took it back. Well, out comes our waitress with the same dish again, puts it down on the table and tells us yes, this is what we ordered. She pulls out the menu and it is clearly NOTHING like the description, and she continues to insist that yes, this is our order. We eat out regularly and there may have been a time when a waitress argued with us like this, but I honestly can't remember one. I should add that there is a similar entree but no appetizer anything like what we were given. So off she goes, leaving us with the linguini with clam sauce but no littlenecks anywhere in sight. By the time our entrees arrived (these surprisingly were what we had ordered) we had no appetite for them, so it was a wasted evening. This waitress later told us it was only her second day --- I don't know which is worse, her attitude or the failure of the restaurant to properly train her and teach her the menu. We won't be back, the food was fine but there are other good Italian restaurants on the Upper Cape with more knowledgeable and customer-friendly service.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rhode Island
“Average restaurant. Not as good as when at last locations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Managed to get a table at shirt notice. The food was quick but not of good quality. The pasta sauce was liquid like. Perhaps I caught them on a bad night. Did not enjoy will not be going back

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing experience!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

I'm single and decided to treat myself to a nice birthday dinner while I was at the Cape! Well I am so glad I went to Soprano's!!! My waitress was so pleasant! The fresh bread was served with roasted red peppers, garlic and oil and olives. Delicious! The sangria was so tasty! The fettuccine alfredo was great too! I had the Tiramasu for dessert and it was to die for!! I will post pics! As soon as the waitress found out it was my birthday she told the guys that were singing my name and they came over and sang 3 songs to me!!! I went alone, but didn't feel it at all!! The italian guys singing go every thursday. I felt like I was in the bronx in the 50s sitting on the stoop listening to the fellas singing on the sidewalk!!! Awesome birthday experience!!! Must go!!! :)

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Waterbury, Connecticut
“Great Italian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

First time here but won't be the last.
Pasta and seafood dishes are plentiful and delicious.
If you like authentic Italian salads you can get anchovies on your Cesar.

• Visited September 2013