“"Bada Bing"” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Cotuit, Massachusetts
“"Bada Bing"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I recently dined at Soprano's for the first time in my quest for authentic Italian food on the Cape. Being a huge fan of the HBO series of the same name I was surprised by the decor consisting of photos of the Rat Pack and Goodfellas with not one photo of Tony or his crew, RIP James Gandolfini. OK, back to the review. Being of Italian descent and cooking as a hobby I've had my share of good and bad Italian food. I would have to rate the food here just average. My veal & eggplant parm was just OK as was my wife's chicken parm. The sauce is everything at an italian restaurant and the sauce here did not impress me at all. (Oh how I miss the old European in the North End). I also found the prices on the expensive side. Well, I guess I will have to keep searching for that perfect meal.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Mashpee, Massachusetts
“From excellent to awful”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Own summer place in Mashpee and this was my absolute must place to go either in off season to check our condo or with with friends, family etc. no matter the season because I/we could always be guaranteed an excellent meal, expensive but worth it. Son and wife used to celebrate wedding anniversary there.

Then one cold night after traveling 3 hours I did what I planned to do all the way down, stop at Sopranos for my usual. It wasn't that late and I iimmediately noticed how noisy
it was. Regonized the mattri de as a woman who used to seat people at a fast food place at same location which was family/excited/tired children oriented and a place we took our grand kids often. I asked her why so noisy and she said Sopranos was trying to be more family orientated. I was seated at a small table, placed my usual order.ignored the noise etc. Then both of my orders came at once, which used to be spaced so one was getting cold. Took one bite of my appetizer and practically gagged. It got worse!!!! If that is possible. Entree was worse than cold. Knew heating both up would make no difference . Asked for my bill. Left all food there. Should have complained but didn't. They have since moved into another section of Deerfield Mall and may have bought both spots they occupied but neither place is as good as it once was but Sopranno's downturnm was so dramatic so fast I know we will never go there again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Hudson, FL
“Excellent food, enjoyable restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We have been going to Sopranos for several year; recently they have moved to a larger space in an adjoining building. The new venue is very attractive and the food has kept it's previous high standard. A particularly delicious appetizer is the Gamberini Crostini, sautéed Garlic shrimp and toast...enough for a meal although listed as an appetizer. There are nightly specials, Wednesday was roast beef, a large potion, nicely cooked. This is a great stop on the Cape!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
PA18078
“Wonderful dining experience thanks to Johanna”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Visiting the area, we found this exceptional restaurant. The entree took a little longer to arrive at our table than we would have liked, but it was well worth the wait! Our attentive and sweet server, Johanna, apologized for the delay and gave us a second serving of the complimentary appetizer and bread while we waited. We do have to wonder if the long wait for our entrees on a Tuesday would have been even longer had it been a Friday or Saturday night when there were more diners.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Massachusetts
“Hidden gem with very nice outdoor patio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

It was too cool for sitting on the outdoor patio, but we were at the window overlooking the patio so we felt like summer was almost here :-)
Food here is always terrific...the chicken sorrentino was "to die for"....I could have just eaten a bowl of the sauce! The other meals were good too....beef braciolo and salmon. The bar was showing the ball game, along with old Italian movies (English dubbed!) --pretty cool!

• Visited April 2013