We recently booked a three night stay at the Santuit Inn. While our stay there was not completely unpleasant, the lack of attention to detail and low hospitality standards makes it difficult to recommend this place.
Our level of expectation was high based on website photos, descriptions and price. The layout and décor are attractive. The beds were clean and comfortable. The shower was hot and had good water pressure. The 32 inch flat screen HDTV in the living area was a nice modern touch (although there was no channel directory for the basic cable service, which can be annoying if you just want to quickly check the Weather Channel).
However, on closer inspection Santuit Inn falls short. Some complaints were addressed after our first night, but the lack of attention to detail that followed made our overall stay a disappointment.
• The clerk at the front desk was brusque and didn’t made us feel welcome
• Accomodations were accessible by a flight of wooden stairs but no help bringing up luggage was offered
• The cottage smelled like cigarette smoke upon entering and had not been thoroughly dusted (top of the refrigerator, lamps, pictures, base boards)
• Kitchen utensils, toaster and microwave had not been cleaned
• Housekeeping attempted to access the cottage while we were still inside and a “do not disturb” sign was never provided
• Washcloths, paper towels & paper cups were not replaced during our stay
• Bedroom windows face the parking lot and street, while blinds are provided, room darkening curtains are not, so light from the street shines into the rooms at night. During our visit, one the windows in the second bedroom did not close. This was fixed upon request, but it should’ve been repaired before our arrival. Also, window blinds in both bedrooms were broken.
• Cottage potentially sleeps 6 people, but in terms of actual space, realistically 2 - 3 adults max or 2 adults with 2 children.
• Being on the second floor, the temperature in these rooms can reach 80+ in the summer. There is no central A/C, but ceiling fans, a desk fan and one small window air conditioner are provided.
• There is limited drawer space since neither bedroom contains a dresser. The closets have been renovated, but only a few hangers were provided (one was broken), although more were provided on request.
• The bathroom has not been renovated. The shower stall is on the small side and the toilet is not parallel to the sink.
• The second bedroom did not have a clock radio. One was provided upon request, but not plugged into the outlet behind the bed. Why should guests have to move heavy furniture to plug in an appliance supplied by management?
• The advertised Wi-Fi did not work from this location.
The Santuit Inn has the potential to be a quality accommodation if these items are addressed. They need to work harder to meet the upscale “boutique” image for which they advertise and charge.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.