“Hardest part is deciding what to get” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 55 Restaurants in Marshfield
Wallingford, Connecticut
“Hardest part is deciding what to get”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

The fact that the menu is 50x bigger than the actual interior of this place is just great. Inside there are only 7 table and 3 counter service. But so worth the wait. Almost too many wonderful creative choices on the menu. I had a special of the day: Granny Smith Cinnamon Bread Grilled Cheese. What?! Yeah and it was awesome. Hubby has the BBQ roast beef which was also fantastic. Service was a little slow but our waitress did explain the delay to us so I didn't mind. Good service, lots of options, good food. Side note: they do have a restroom but its located back through the kitchen. Not the best for small kids. Plan accordingly.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Boston
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I had first happened upon the Corner Cafe 2 summers ago. At the time I was impressed with the service and the food choices. I haven't been back in over 2 years and was blown away by the menu options! I am not a fan of mexican or hollandaise and my food choice was rock solid - I highly recommend the Pablo Sanchez Benedict. My friend chose the pancakes - again I am not a huge fan of pancakes, I tried hers and when I go back plan on ordering pancakes.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
“Disappointing second visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

The first time we ate at The Corner Cafe we agreed with others' rave reviews about its prompt service and tasty breakfasts served with killer home fries. Sad to say, our second visit was nothing like the first.
TIMING. You know you're in trouble when the couple seated a mere 30 seconds before you has finished breakfast and paid their bill long before your order even arrives. And when it is finally served, your waitress says nothing about the unusual delay.
"HOW'S EVERYTHING?" Matter-of-factly we reported that the poached eggs we specifically requested "soft" had arrived overcooked, i.e. hard. Our server's response? "Sorry."
When we asked why the usual home fries were not included on our plates, she said, "I don't know" and walked away.
It's probably safe to assume our waitress did not tell the owners or anyone else about our disappointing breakfast experience. So to be fair, it's likely we will give The Corner Cafe another chance -- but only when we have lots of time to wait for breakfast to be served, just in case.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Best Breakfast in Marshfield”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is a gem..great menu...delishious food !!! great service !!! and a good place to satisfy anyone's tastes..

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Worth a stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Very cute place and worth stopping by if you are in the area. The menu is very creative and they now have outside dining. Check out my food photos!

• Visited August 2012