“Nice spacious rooms, good service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Marlborough
London, United Kingdom
“Nice spacious rooms, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Very spacious room which was clean and comfortable, friendly staff and a restaurant in the hotel which is convenient to go to in the evenings.
The staff in the hotel helped to call me a taxi when I arrived at the train station (and the taxi company were reliable and helpful).

Would definitely recommend for people on business trips.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Trenton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Friendly staff. Front Desk staff were great! I had a suite, which was more than enough but a very nice gesture. The beds could have been a little more comfortable. Too firm for my liking. Overall, a nice experience and I would stay again.

Room Tip: Only stayed in one room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I stayed at the hotel April 16 through 17th 2014. I had read the prior reviews of this hotel and was leery. My stay was absolutely wonderful and the staff was great. My room was very clean. I was part of a program held at the hotel and the banquet staff was wonderful as well.

Room Tip: The hotel is located in a wooded and quite area.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

The location is great, the building is all right (although it took me almost 10 minutes to get from my room to the front desk). The front desk is efficient. Now for the problems:
1. Upon check-in, after a long walk to my room, I opened the door just to be hit in the face by a furnace-like air. Somebody had left the heater on full blast at max temperature (at the time I thoguht it was a prank, but later realized the previous guest must have been freezing - more on that later). I turned the heater off, called the front desk and waited for them outside (another 15 minutes of standingi n the hallway - the room was unbearable, I felt my face blistering!). I could tell on the phone they thought I was just finicky, so I quite enjoyed the look of shock on the guy's face when he had finally showed up (and that's after the heater being off for 15 minutes!). He commented that the room could have caught on fire (duh!).
2. In my new room the heater seemed to have a direct opening to the outside, because when it was off the outside air was blowing right in, effectively freezing the room, plus the wind was whistling too loudly to sleep. At first I tired to cover the whole thing with a towel, but the wind kept blowing it off. I had to turn on the heat, which turned the room into a furnace within 30 miinutes, after which I had to get up and turn it off (the times did nto work), so my sleep was never more than 30 minutes long. Made for some challenging days at the office.
3. Every single night, without fail, my room key would not work. I'd get in, late at night, tired, after a long walk to my room, hoping to kick the heels off, and discover that my key, yet again, did not work and I have to walk all the way back to the front desk. They even gave me two keys when it happened the second time, but the next day neither one of them worked. I strongly suspect the system sets the replacement key for a 1 day default period and they did not bother or did not know how to reset it for the duration of my stay. I know it sounds like a trifle little thing, but imagine this happening to you at the end of every day!
4. The doors are terribly loud and clanky. Even if you try your absolute best, it is not possible to open/close your room quietly, and most guests don't even try, right? Jolts you awake every time. You'd think a hotel, of all places, would give some thoguht to the noise level - since the main thing the guests want is sleep.
5. At breakfast they did not set out the water/tea/coffee/juice station, but rather you had to chase them and ask/beg for any of these things. My colleague and I concluded that this was a way of eliciting tips. It was very inconvenient and time consuming though.
All in all, not the end of the world experience, but definitely not good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Marlborough hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Stayed at the Holiday Inn for location (mid way to our trip to Ct) and right off rte 495. Also about 5-10 minute drive to many good restaurants. Front desk clevans as very pleasant and accomodating. We were upgraded to a good sized suite on 4 th floor since we're are IHG International Ambassdor level . Hotel was very busy last Saturday in March with both corporates and families with children, so we asked for a quiet floor. Clean, well kept room. All the necessities in the suite...kitchen, micro, Keurig coffee pot,. Separate heating units in sitting room and bedroom, so we were able to control heat in sleeping room. My only complaint with room is with almost all Ihg pillows with exception of an Intercontinental....they are very lumpy and do not make for a good night rest. Next time we are bringing our pillow if we drive to Ihg properties unless we stay at an Intercontinental. Otherwise good night stay.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor end of hall if hotel is busy.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marlboro, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Dear Marilyn K,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Ambassador member and for leaving us a feedback. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, comfortable rooms and featured amenities. It's regrettable to hear that your stay was negatively affected due to the quality of our pillows. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort it may have caused you. We take all reviews very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit. Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Hopewell Junction, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stayed at this hotel the weekend of March 1st. Hotel staff was very hospitable and patient with a hotel full of hockey players. My big complaint is regarding the sleeper sofa mattress. It was the worst sofa I have ever slept on. The springs were coming out and jabbing me in the back. I called the front desk and they sent maintenance with another mattress. It was worse than the first one and the maintenance man was kind of chuckling about it. For over $179 a night I think they could invest in new mattresses. Room looked nice but sleep was optional for this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014
GM265, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marlboro, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Travelmom555,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our friends. I'm happy you and your family felt welcomed by the staff however it is disappointing to hear about your experience with the sofa bed mattress. There is always something we can improve upon and we will look to improving that area of the experience.

We look forward to your next visit to Marlborough.

Warmest Regards,
Ms. Jahayra Santiago
Auckland, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

As others have noted this building is in dire need of repair. The pool should be closed not used. The bar is dingy and not something I would trust to get drinks or food from. The elevator makes noise as if it is about to give up.
The staff is friendly and accommodating, but they cannot make up for these deficiencies.
I recommend looking elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Applejuice12,

We are very sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us; Our goal is always to provide a great guest experience and while it sounds like our staff did a nice job, our building did not impress you. We appreciate your comments and hope you will reconsider your decision in the future.

Warmest Regards,
Ms. Jahayra Santiago

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marlboro? Share your experiences!