“Dishonest employee” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   880 Donald Lynch Blvd, Marlborough, MA 01752 (Formerly Super 8 Motel Worcester - Marlborough)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Marlborough
Northampton
“Dishonest employee”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

The hotel was ok; Very surprised no elevators this day and age. The bathroom has a drop ceiling in the shower, which makes it uncomfortable for taller persons showering. The ceiling tiles needed to be set in place. The shower curtain dripped dirty water when the shower was running.
What really bothers me most is, after check out on Sunday, October 09, we started our drive back to PA. Halfway home I realized I forgot my tan/yellow jacket in the closet of Room 204. I called the hotel and advised my dilemma. I was told to call back in one hour, so they could check if my jacket was found. When I called the hotel back, I was informed no jacket was left in that room I asked the person I was speaking with to ckeck with whoever cleaned our room. He said he did check with that person, and he insisted there was no jacket in the room.
I am positive I left it in the closet. I offered to arrange the pick up and delivery of my jacket. Dishonesty is something I do not agree and I will not patronize this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage, or heavy luggage/items, you may want to select the first floor. There...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Spent one night at this hotel, and it was OK. Not great, not bad, just OK. It is very accessible from the interstate, right off the exit. The good: bed was comfortable, the room was quiet enough, and it had a fridge and microwave. The not-so-good: The shower water pressure was pathetic, the towels paper thin, and the carpet in the room looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a while (the carpet in the 2nd floor hallway was really dirty looking). The breakfast offerings were pretty lame...we ended up at a Dunkin Donuts up the road instead.

To us, the hotel was more like a better than usual Super 8 rather than the usual higher standards we've seen at Comfort Inns we've been to.

Punta Gorda, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

This hotel is in a convenient location and it was a Super 8 before it became a member of the Choice Hotels Group. I have stayed here dozens of times in the past dozen years, and I found it to be well-kept, clean, and welcoming. Over the past two years, the property has been in rapid and serious decline and I wonder if it will not be dropped by Choice Hotels. The exterior siding is badly stained and needs a coat of paint; one of the two parking lot exits is unusable because the ruts have never been repaired; the carpeting, which had been changed regularly throughout the hotel in the past, is a stained mess, and the front desk is often understaffed. The manager is in charge of checking guests in and out while keeping the breakfast area cleaned and restocked. Everything suffers. We were at this hotel about a year ago while the Choice Hotel inspectors were on site and we really expected some positive changes; we are disappointed that no changes have been accomplished and we'll look for another spot when we visit the area next time. There are plenty of other choices.

Manassas, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

My wife and I stayed in this hotel on July 19. At 2:00 AM my wife discovered bed bugs coming out of the pillows and in to the bed, not one but about 4 or 5, big ones and little ones. She has seen it only on TV in the past. I have seen bed bugs before and I knew right away what these creatures were. We had to undress quickly and wash our PJs and night gowns in hot water. I took the pillow to the front desk to show the clerk one of these bugs. Our room was in the second floor and the clerk gave us another room in the first floor.
We slept in our car the rest of the night, not wanting to take a chance in sleeping in another bed which might also be infested with bed bugs. I informed the manager, Taruna, the next morning asking for a refund for our terrible experience and she told me that there is no such thing as 100% guarantee. She matter-of -factly told me that we could have left and gone to another hotel that night. Could you imagine driving around the neighborhood at 2:00 AM looking for another place to sleep, especially when you are not familiar with the area? No apologies from the manager that early morning.
I got an email today from the manager telling me of a 50% discount on our stay for that evening, a small consolation for our nightmarish experience.
Will I come back to this hotel anytime soon? You be the judge.

Cranston, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

This is the second time we have stayed in this hotel with a hockey team and it is excellent. The staff go the extra mile, , the free breakfast is awesome, the staff are very nice and friendly and I love that the hotel has a laundry room (convenient when travelling with a kids' hockey team). There is also mall down the road which again is very convenient. which is perfect for families. And the beds are super-comfy. Love this hotel!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

The hotel was adequate. Definite signs of aging. The bed was clean and comfortable, the bathroom was not as clean as i would have preferred.

The location is very good.

I would most likely select the other hotel down the road from here if given a choice next time.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

This is an average hotel with a great location next to the interstate. It was perfect for one night. The room is a little outdated, with an old tub and old furniture. However, it was very clean (no dust or dirt), and fairly spacious. I loved how the fridge, microwave, and Internet were included. The bed was very soft and comfortable. The front desk was nice enough to me, no complains about them. I would definitely stay again here in the future.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!