“Good Location, easy parking, good staff” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Marlborough
Irvine, California
“Good Location, easy parking, good staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hotel is conveniently located right off 495, between the I-90 and I-290 intersections, next to a gas station and near numerous good restaurants. Rooms are typical courtyard, and of good size. The hotel staff are always nice and quick to respond. The TV reception is not great, and the restaurant is only open for breakfast and dinner (typical for courtyards). Hotel is near semi-rural roads offering decent biking opportunity too.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Mary S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Marlborough, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts. We appreciate your comments and overview of our Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I travel a lot, so you don't expect much will change at a place like a Courtyard, but I was surprised on this trip by a couple of things. First, these restaurant / bar actually have a vibe going with the other business travelers and a great staff that is good about serving you promptly. Secondly, the food...it's really quite good. If you don't want to go out, you won't be sorry if you just stay in and enjoy a quiet dinner. Finally, after I checked out I got a really nice email from Ashley asking me if there was anything that could have made the stay any better. In truth, there was nothing...and I told her so. To my surprise, I got a reply five minutes later thanking me for my reply and telling me they look forward to seeing me again. I don't care if it is cheesy, it is SO much better than the stupid "please fill out our survey" emails that I usually get. A personal touch. Nice job Ashley & team.

Room Tip: Might ask for something away from the elevator
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Mary S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Marlborough, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank You for taking the time to review us. I shared your review with my staff , your comments brought a big smile to the team!. Thank you for your kind words, we love what we do! Ashley is one of our All Stars and we proud to have her on our team. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Saint James, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

Nice clean room, good sized, staff was very nice, bar closed too early for Saturday night. Team returned back after a late game and it was last call, one parent convinced him to allow another round but then closed lights on us sitting there. breakfast was good, service was good also.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review us. We always welcome comments about our hotel and are concerned if a guest is inconvenienced i any way.As a result of your comments we have been able to improve our bar service so that future guests are not inconvenienced.
Again thank you for your comments and look forward to serving you again when your travels bring you back to the Marlborough area.

Sincerely
New Hampshire, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2014

We stayed here last weekend, while my son had a swim meet at nearby WPI. Swim meets often call for early mornings, and we had to get up at 5am to make a morning session - this often makes us nervous about hotel noise trying to get to sleep early (by 9pm). When I expressed this to the front desk, they were so gracious and placed us (three rooms) on the top floor away from the expressway. Even though there was a (loud) event happening downstairs, we didn't hear a thing! Rooms were spotlessly clean and in wonderful condition. Great shower. My additional requests of feather pillows and extra towels were in the room when I arrived. Refrigerator in room. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor, away from the highway -- are the quietest.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I have shared your comments with my staff. On behalf of my staff thank you for choosing the Marlborough Courtyard as your home away when traveling to Central Mass. We certainly hope to serve you again when your travel plans bring you back to Marlborough.

Yonkers, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2014

Had to stay here on business. The hotel restaurant was good. Nice menu options and the staff was nice! It was winter time and they did a pretty good job cleaning the parking lot, I wasn't worried I'd fall on ice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Mary S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Marlborough, responded to this review, October 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for choosing us as your hotel while travelling through Marlborough.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2014

My husband, infant twins, and I had been on the road from New York City en route to Kennebunkport, ME, when it became apparent that we would not reach our destination until well after midnight, which would have put us on the road wrought with traffic for over 11 hours. What was supposed to have been a 4.5-hour trip had already lasted too long with two young babies, so we decided to only travel as far as central Massachusetts, and then continue our journey in the morning. We needed a hotel reservation in that area that could accept us with only two hours' notice, and accommodate our need for two Pack'n'Plays, a refrigerator, and a microwave, and be affordable. A quick search on hotels.com showed this property with a $99/night weekend special. We were familiar with Courtyard by Marriott, they had availability, and could meet our amenities needs. I spoke with one of the managers, Ashlie, before making the reservation to confirm these items. Road-weary, we walked into the lobby pushing our large double stroller at about 9:00 PM, and a staff member greeted us, saying, "Those must be my twins!" It was Ashlie, and she was waiting for us to arrive. We felt our exhaustion wash away. The property is beautiful. The room was spacious and well-furnished. We are always happy with our accommodations at Courtyard properties, but this is by far the loveliest that we have ever seen. We highly recommend this property.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review our hotel. Your kind words have been shared with my staff. Please visit us again when you are travelling through Central Mass. Thank you for choosing the Marlborough Courtyard.
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014

Desk Staff were very friendly and food at restaurant was good. Bathroom door mirrors don't appear to be washed for each guest but the rest of the room was clean. Bed was hard (i like pillowtop) and pillows not too fluffy but i used 3 to be more comfortable. Did not use pool but heard it was nice. Good location for a conference as a mid-tier hotel. Liked the paul mitchell shampoo. Felt secure and function attended was nice, though they missed our whole table and served dessert but no coffee at dinner when the waitstaff could not be found. Lots of businesspeople but hockey kids were using the internet computers to play videogames for too long. Front desk staff suggested using boarding pass computers instead since they weren't being used at the time. Ok for clean room, suggest turning off air conditioner to sleep better with quiet.

Room Tip: Stayed on 2nd floor, heard the 4th floor was quieter.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Boston Marlborough? Share your experiences!