“We miss the old karoake person!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #85 of 127 restaurants in Marlborough
Cuisines: Chinese
Marlborough, Massachusetts
“We miss the old karoake person!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We used to love going to this place for the drinks and karaoke. The last few times, we've still had fun but it's not as good as it was before. The food is bad and always makes us sick so we don't eat it. Drinks only!

Visited October 2012

37% Recommend
Marlborough, Massachusetts
“Cold buffet - food not great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

We used to go to Joy Asia all the time. We especially liked that they have a dinner buffet every night of the week, and every lunchtime. The problem is that the food is NEVER hot enough on the buffet, or they run out of something and take forever to refill it. The food used to be great, not any more. It is very bland. It just isn't good. We keep going back (like twice a year) hoping it has improved to what it used to be, but no luck. There are two much better Chinese restaurants in town that we now go to. Still miss the buffet though..... Maybe they need to focus more on their food, and less on the bar/karaoke!

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Average Chinese food, service is great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011 via mobile

I've been going to the Joy for the past 6 yrs on & off. The food isn't bad, not the best but I like the Sunkist Crispy Chicken with Walnuts. The waiters are very nice, I've never had an issue with them. They always remember us and what we drink even if we haven't been in awhile. The buffet is $12.95 I think although I'm not a buffet lover. The lady DJ isn't there anymore they have a new guy, not sure if he is any good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Karaoke = SOOOO much fun!! However, waiters are rude!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

I've been here several times on a Friday/Saturday evening to partake in karaoke! The female karaoke dj is hilarious! There's a whole wall of props you are allowed to use though most people don't. The dj does, however, use them! For example, if you sing "Kryptonite" she'll put on a cape and head dress and go around pretending she's flying!! It's really hilarious! You have the good, the bad, and the average singers!!!

As for the food, it's pretty decent!! I personally really like it. The drinks are really strong too!

The only reason this review doesn't get an excellent/5 stars is because the waiters are sometimes rude and add things to your bill that are not there! When you tell them you did not order that, they are really rude!!! My friend ordered pork fried rice this past Friday and he got white rice so I mentioned it to the guy because my friend was too nice to say something and why pay for something you did not order and are not going to eat? The waiter was arguing with me as to what my friend said. He took the rice back and brought him out a new one but not after complaining and getting mad about it! Come on now! I'm there often and wouldn't jip that place because I plan on returning there again. Seriously, is it necessary?

• Visited February 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Massachusetts
“They deliver”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2008

It's not wonderful, but it's not bad.
They deliver, and it's good enough for us to order again.
There is no GREAT Chinese place in Marlboro, which means everyone will have to settle. This is what we have settled on.