“Classic hometown dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
Joliet, Illinois
“Classic hometown dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

You definitely don't go here for the esthetics. It's small, a little dingy and smells like bacon but this dinner has the best breakfast. The homemade corn beef hash alone is worth the trip. My son said they were the best chocolate chip pancakes he's had. If you are not counting calories, try the loaded hash browns. Prices very reasonable.

Visited July 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
“Best Breakfast in town!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My wife and I stopped here for a quick late breakfast on a Wednesday afternoon. The service was excellent as wss the food. Portions are American-sized and prepared perfectly. The French Toast is awesome!!!! We will definately be back and recommend this restaurant to everyone.

“Awesome Breakfast and Service!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My wife and I went here for a late breakfast during the week. The food and service were both excellent and the price was about half of what we would have expected. The French Toast, (as well as everything else), was awesome! !!! We will be back and will recommend this cafe to everyone.

Morristown, New Jersey
“Really good food with hometown feel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

We were in the area for a wedding and wanted to find a good local eatery for breakfast. We checked Tripadvisor and found Jake's and we were glad we did. We went on a Sunday morning at about 8:15 and the place was packed, but we were lucky enough to be seated immediately. Our waitress, Tracey Lee, couldn't have been nicer or more effecient. My wife had an omelette with spinach and tomatoes and I had scrambled eggs with bacon. Both were served with buttered whole wheat toast. The eggs were cooked perfectly and served hot. The bacon was cooked just enough, not too soft, not too stiff.
If you're in the area, try Jakes for breakfast or lunch, for a genuine New England hometown feel.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Used to have great food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

This used to be a restaurant to go to for a great breakfast. My past two visits have been unpleasant and unappetizing. The service was horrible. The servers spent more time gossiping and leaning over us while trying to eat. The food hash browns were cold, the eggs were over cooked and the bacon wasn't crispy. I could deal with the attitude if the food was still great but I cannot recommend it.

Visited May 2014