“Excellent Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough

You added Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   19 Northborough Road East, Marlborough, MA 01752 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Marlborough
Marlboro, New Jersey
“Excellent Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I just wanted to take the time to write a review for this Hotel and say Thank You to a very Friendly and very Professional front desk clerk, her name is Christine. She made our stay the best it could have been!! She answered all our questions for us, provided the dishes we requested for our room gave us the Internet code all without us having to ask for anything! She is definitely an asset to your company& should be Highly praised for her Excellent Customer Service skills! It was definitely a pleasure dealing with her & look forward to staying here again!

Room Tip: King size bed rooms offer all the luxuries you could need
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hello there.
I have been and a guest of Extended Stay America in Marlborough, Massachusetts for several years.
I am not posting this review to talk about this hotel itself, but rather to commend one employee in particular, who I honestly feel is truly deserving of recognition for her service.
This wonderful lady's name is Christine and she runs the desk.
Until recently Christine has been running the desk on weekday evenings, She now works during the day several times a week and during the evening only two days a week, unless she is needed to fill in for another employee.
There are other employees here that are also friendly and hardworking people, but, in my opinion, Christine stands head and shoulders above the rest.
I have stayed at a great many hotels in my life and never before have I felt compelled to publicly praise any staff member that I have encountered.
Christine however, is so exceptional that she deserves to be publicly praised.
Christine is the most accommodating hotel clerk I have ever had the pleasure to meet.
Christine is always ready to facilitate the fulfillment of my requests and needs as a guest of this hotel promptly and always with a smile on her face.
Christine does not make any excuses if a problem surfaces, I can always count on Christine to be very honest and genuine with me and I am very appreciative of that.
Christine strives to make my stay here as comfortable as it can be.
I have been here for so long that she can sometimes anticipate my needs and is ready to help me before I even ask.
Christine is serious about her job and is still able to be polite and friendly.
Christine truly cares about the comfort and needs of her guests and always does her very best
to make me feel at home here.

Thank you Christine.

Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Huck - Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. We value your opinion so we can continue to improve the service we offer. It was a great pleasure for me to read the comments you submitted. One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Our staff at the Extended Stay America Boston - Marlborough takes pride in creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect and deserve. Thank you again for your positive comments. I have shared them with our entire team as well as our Senior Management. We look forward to hosting you once again at Extended Stay Hotels.
Denville, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Smokers would love this hotel. It reeks. Toilet tank runs incessantly. Heat is inconsistent. If you are training for discomfort, this is the hotel for you. Better off to close, renovate and start over.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. We use feedback, such as yours, to continuously make changes to our brand to improve our guest’s experience. I am concerned about the housekeeping service issues you mention and apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to ensure you are provided with a clean and comfortable room while you are our guest. Please be assured that cleanliness is of the utmost concern to us and feedback such as yours is taken very seriously. We will coach our team to provide better service and a clean room in the future. Thanks again for your feedback.
Aiken, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2014

We stayed at this hotel one night after a 15-hour day on the road. It went from bad to worse. The outside area seemed fine; it is in a "business" type area which I usually like because it is normally quieter. The room had obviously not been cleaned (or used) recently; there was a roach in the tub, the drawers in the bathroom were dirty and one was so stuck we couldn't open it. Generally we look for this type of hotel but this is the first time we tried an Extended Stay; normally we use Residence Inn. I did not realize you have to go to the front desk to get any dishes and silverware; that was just gross and a major inconvenience. There was also no notepaper or pen which is not a requirement but is nice to have. There was a lot of plumbing noise. The worst part was there were two men yelling outside our window about to have a fistfight. We called the front desk and they called the police. We didn't hear anything more after that but did not feel comfortable. We will NEVER stay here again and I doubt we will ever try Extended Stay again. We would have left but after such a long day on the road we were too exhausted to pack up and leave. It seemed like it was being used for construction workers which normally is not an issue; they are early to bed early to rise like us; but it may have been used as a homeless shelter; I do not know. It was truly awful and scary.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough, responded to this review, January 7, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. We are very disappointed to hear about the condition of your room and that you did not feel safe. We take our guests' safety very seriously. We will work with our staff to make sure we are maintaining a safe environment for all of our guests. We will also review your feedback with our housekeeping staff to ensure our rooms are always fresh and clean prior to our guest's arrival.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2014

This is not a hotel. It is more like a halfway house. There are sketchy people roaming the hallways and lobby. There's one person at the front desk.

I stayed in my room for 10 mins. before leaving. There was a weird brown stain on my sheets. The room had a weird smell. The closet door wouldn't close and went off the rail. It was clearly broken, and since it was also a mirror, it was a safety hazard. The room had ladybugs in it.

No Cable TV. The place is GROSS. DON"T STAY HERE. For $122/night you are better going somewhere else, like the Framingham Sheraton.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Saratoga Springs, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014

After arriving late at night following a return from England and driving 45 minutes out of Boston, finally made it here only to be given a room that hadn't been cleaned. Let me count the beer bottles (13) and one wine bottle and a bottle of Jack Daniels. All empty.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Been to Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough? Share your experiences!