“Affordable hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough

You added Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   19 Northborough Road East, Marlborough, MA 01752 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Marlborough

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Aiken, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed at this hotel one night after a 15-hour day on the road. It went from bad to worse. The outside area seemed fine; it is in a "business" type area which I usually like because it is normally quieter. The room had obviously not been cleaned (or used) recently; there was a roach in the tub, the drawers in the bathroom were dirty and one was so stuck we couldn't open it. Generally we look for this type of hotel but this is the first time we tried an Extended Stay; normally we use Residence Inn. I did not realize you have to go to the front desk to get any dishes and silverware; that was just gross and a major inconvenience. There was also no notepaper or pen which is not a requirement but is nice to have. There was a lot of plumbing noise. The worst part was there were two men yelling outside our window about to have a fistfight. We called the front desk and they called the police. We didn't hear anything more after that but did not feel comfortable. We will NEVER stay here again and I doubt we will ever try Extended Stay again. We would have left but after such a long day on the road we were too exhausted to pack up and leave. It seemed like it was being used for construction workers which normally is not an issue; they are early to bed early to rise like us; but it may have been used as a homeless shelter; I do not know. It was truly awful and scary.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. We are very disappointed to hear about the condition of your room and that you did not feel safe. We take our guests' safety very seriously. We will work with our staff to make sure we are maintaining a safe environment for all of our guests. We will also review your feedback with our housekeeping staff to ensure our rooms are always fresh and clean prior to our guest's arrival.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2014

This is not a hotel. It is more like a halfway house. There are sketchy people roaming the hallways and lobby. There's one person at the front desk.

I stayed in my room for 10 mins. before leaving. There was a weird brown stain on my sheets. The room had a weird smell. The closet door wouldn't close and went off the rail. It was clearly broken, and since it was also a mirror, it was a safety hazard. The room had ladybugs in it.

No Cable TV. The place is GROSS. DON"T STAY HERE. For $122/night you are better going somewhere else, like the Framingham Sheraton.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Saratoga Springs, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014

After arriving late at night following a return from England and driving 45 minutes out of Boston, finally made it here only to be given a room that hadn't been cleaned. Let me count the beer bottles (13) and one wine bottle and a bottle of Jack Daniels. All empty.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Fairport, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2014

This hotel is not worth the cheap price for a room. My wife and I checked in with only one person on duty at the desk, who was surprisingly unfriendly. We smelled faint cigarette smoke on the way to our room, which increased as we went up the elevator. Upon arrival at our room, we noted dingy surroundings, human hair on the sheets and under the sheets. There was no mattress pad on the mattress, simply a bottom sheet spread on the bare mattress. Bathroom was not clean. We immediately checked out, and found a great hotel right down the street for the same price with the TripAdvisor online booking discount.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough, responded to this review, November 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am so sorry to read that you received such poor service at check-in, and that your room had cleanliness issues with the bed and bathroom. We will take your comments and coach our team to provide better service in the future. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at mar2@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Stamford, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

Don't stay here. I just checked in and the room is old. There is supposed to be a fully set up kitchen but you have to ask for all the kitchen dishes. There isn't even a cup. There's no ice machine and you have to make your own ice so when you arrive you have to bang on someone else's door to borrow some ice. There is no shampoo in the room and breakfast consists of coffee and a muffin

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough, responded to this review, November 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am sorry that were not aware of our clean kitchen program that provides our guest with fresh clean dishes when requested. As well, I regret to read that our lack of an ice machine was such an inconvenience to you, and that there was no shampoo in your room. I will be working with my staff to ensure that we are properly informing guests of our kitchen policy, and that we are properly stocking our rooms with shampoo. I will also share your feedback about an ice machine with upper management so that your comments will be useful to us as we work to improve. Once more, thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2014

• Stayed October 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am sorry that you received such poor service from my staff during check in, and that there was a smoke odor in the hallway and elevator. As well, I deeply apologize that your room had cleanliness issues and that your bedding did not meet your expectations. In response to your review, I will be meeting with my housekeeping staff to review our cleanliness standards and procedures to ensure that your experience is not repeated. As well, I will work with my purchasing department to upgrade our bedding. I will also be meeting with my entire team to review our customer service standards. Thank you very much for bringing your experience to our attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at mar@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough? Share your experiences!