“WORST HOTEL LADYBUGS DIRTY SHEETS AWFUL!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough

You added Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   19 Northborough Road East, Marlborough, MA 01752 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Marlborough
Boston, Massachusetts
“WORST HOTEL LADYBUGS DIRTY SHEETS AWFUL!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is not a hotel. It is more like a halfway house. There are sketchy people roaming the hallways and lobby. There's one person at the front desk.

I stayed in my room for 10 mins. before leaving. There was a weird brown stain on my sheets. The room had a weird smell. The closet door wouldn't close and went off the rail. It was clearly broken, and since it was also a mirror, it was a safety hazard. The room had ladybugs in it.

No Cable TV. The place is GROSS. DON"T STAY HERE. For $122/night you are better going somewhere else, like the Framingham Sheraton.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Saratoga Springs, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After arriving late at night following a return from England and driving 45 minutes out of Boston, finally made it here only to be given a room that hadn't been cleaned. Let me count the beer bottles (13) and one wine bottle and a bottle of Jack Daniels. All empty.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Fairport, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is not worth the cheap price for a room. My wife and I checked in with only one person on duty at the desk, who was surprisingly unfriendly. We smelled faint cigarette smoke on the way to our room, which increased as we went up the elevator. Upon arrival at our room, we noted dingy surroundings, human hair on the sheets and under the sheets. There was no mattress pad on the mattress, simply a bottom sheet spread on the bare mattress. Bathroom was not clean. We immediately checked out, and found a great hotel right down the street for the same price with the TripAdvisor online booking discount.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am so sorry to read that you received such poor service at check-in, and that your room had cleanliness issues with the bed and bathroom. We will take your comments and coach our team to provide better service in the future. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at mar2@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Stamford, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Don't stay here. I just checked in and the room is old. There is supposed to be a fully set up kitchen but you have to ask for all the kitchen dishes. There isn't even a cup. There's no ice machine and you have to make your own ice so when you arrive you have to bang on someone else's door to borrow some ice. There is no shampoo in the room and breakfast consists of coffee and a muffin

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am sorry that were not aware of our clean kitchen program that provides our guest with fresh clean dishes when requested. As well, I regret to read that our lack of an ice machine was such an inconvenience to you, and that there was no shampoo in your room. I will be working with my staff to ensure that we are properly informing guests of our kitchen policy, and that we are properly stocking our rooms with shampoo. I will also share your feedback about an ice machine with upper management so that your comments will be useful to us as we work to improve. Once more, thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

• Stayed October 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am sorry that you received such poor service from my staff during check in, and that there was a smoke odor in the hallway and elevator. As well, I deeply apologize that your room had cleanliness issues and that your bedding did not meet your expectations. In response to your review, I will be meeting with my housekeeping staff to review our cleanliness standards and procedures to ensure that your experience is not repeated. As well, I will work with my purchasing department to upgrade our bedding. I will also be meeting with my entire team to review our customer service standards. Thank you very much for bringing your experience to our attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at mar@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2014

Extended Stay America is not good for an extended stay if animals are an issue for you . After two weeks you will feel as if you are living in a kennel. There are dogs everywhere and the stench and barking is very bad in some areas. There is supposed to be a pet section but that policy was not adhered to. If you have any pet allergies please stay away. Guests sneak dogs and cats inside too. So the room you just checked into might of had animals living there the day before. We saw many rooms with 2 or 3 dogs in them.

For some reason we were put in the pet section at checkin. We did not realize this until the odor permeating under our door became unbearable. One dog next to us barked day and night. We were moved to another section that was supposed to be pet free. But as the hotel filled up pets were everywhere.The dogs were vey visible walking down our hallway and outside at all hours of the day and night..We would hear them barking .

Housekeeping did a wonderful job trying to keep everything clean and smelling fresh. But with so many animals living at the hotel that was impossible . It is like trying to eliminate a smoking smell from a hotel room.You cant do it completely.

They advertise free WiiFi but it is extremely slow. You need to pay $19.99 a month to upgrade the service or it is not usable.

On a postive note, housekeeping and the maintenance staff are wonderful. They work very hard keeping the hotel clean. Our room was always immaculate. The assistant GM Frazelle, and the desk staff are wonderful to deal with.

Great location with restaurants and stores. The price is reasonable too. It was wonderful having a microwave and stove top.

If you are an animal lover this is the hotel for you!

Room Tip: Avoid the dogs and cats.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough, responded to this review, September 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are grateful for your kind words about our staff and location; however, we are sorry to hear that you experienced some disturbances from the pets in our hotel. We will continue working hard to maintain a clean, comfortable environment for all of our guests.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again in the future.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

Ended up there for one night, when all the New England hotels were fully booked (still better than sleeping in the car). The room was fine, clean, with a bit noisy AC. The hotel provides some wifi service, for a better one (= usable one) they ask a fee. If you don't want to stream Netflix, then it is probably fine to check your emails.
I was excited to see the "Kitchen, kitchen" as advertised everywhere, but there are no utensils, pans, pots or anything. Only a bare kitchen counter, with empty cabinets and a fridge. Maybe one has to ask to front desk, but it defeats the purpose of "real kitchen, kitchen".
We would appreciate a small coffee maker, since we were late for breakfast.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough? Share your experiences!