“This was not a good Choice” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   19 Northborough Road East, Marlborough, MA 01752 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #8 of 9 hotels in Marlborough
Marlow, United Kingdom
“This was not a good Choice”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

This was the 4th Stop on our road trip from Houston, TX to St. John's, NL and not the best choice of hotel. The first room they gave us had not been cleaned at all, they did allocate us another room immediately however. We supposedly had an executive room but it was very basic and cramped. I would not choose this brand of hotel again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I appreciate the time taken to let us know where we can improve our services to our guests.

I apologize that your stay was not satisfactory. I will be using your response to coach and train my staff to avoid these kind of incidents going forward. Hopefully you will give us another chance and come back to stay again in the future. Thank you again for your comments.

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Indonesian first
Southport CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Last minute change of plans forced us to stay in the area and the front desk really helped us out by giving us the last room in the whole area! Clean, quiet, descent safe hotel to rest before the big drive.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing our hotel. It was a pleasure having you as a guest here and we hope to see you back soon. Thank you for the kind words about your stay.
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed here while making our way to Nova Scotia. Good location right off the highway, room clean, beds good. We went to Boston on 2 day trips from here in our car easy drive, but note they could not give us directions to USS constitution but did offer to google it and print a map for us. Too funny I always find it amusing that people who live in areas have no idea how or what there is to see in the area. We wanted to by pass the main highways so that we could see some smaller towns, but couldn't, not during this trip. We have just booked 3 nights here for myself and hubby and my mom it helps with the expense of meals as we will have breakfast make a picnic lunch then head out for the day. This time we are going to visit Plymouth one day, Concord & area another and am coming with maps!

Room Tip: Did not use the pool or fitness centre so cannot rate
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for the positive review you posted about our hotel. The staff and I always enjoy hearing such wonderful feedback from guests who stay with us. It is so rewarding to know that we were able to provide you with 100% guest satisfaction; we work very hard to ensure this goal is attained.

It would be a pleasure to have you stay with us again should your travels bring you back to the area. We promise to make sure we have better directions the next time around!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

The worst thing about this grubby little hotel is the low standard of cleanliness. I stayed here for a week and on arrival in my 'deluxe' room the floor was dirty, particularly around the bed. I complained about this every morning. Although someone had been in my room, they failed to clean the area around the bed I had mentioned to the management.
The door was also hanging from its hinges and opened only intermittently. The maintenance man promised to fix it, but did not.
Finally, on my last day, all lifts were out of order. - NEVER AGAIN!!!

Stayed July 2012
The review posted about your stay at our hotel has been brought to my attention. The company prides itself on offering clean and comfortable rooms to all of our guests, which is why I was so disheartened to read your comments. Please accept my sincere apologies for the unsatisfactory experience that you had while staying with us.

First I would like to begin by saying thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention. Our staff's goal is to provide 100% guest satisfaction, something we were not able to achieve with you. Regardless, I assure you that I will be working with the maintenance and housekeeping staff during our training meetings to improve our processes, ensuring our future guests do not experience the same issues as you did.

Once again, I am sorry that your stay with us was not as enjoyable as you hoped it would be. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future; hopefully you will give us another chance to show you that our hotel is a great place to stay.
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

The hotel was better than I expected. If you're not too picky and just want a descent place to crash after a long day, I would recommend it better than most hotels/motels around Marlborough.
The hotel is located near a small forest so don't worry about outside noise.
Wi-fi is complementary and the friendly staff can always give you good tips on the area.
Although breakfast is not available, 'Panera Bread', down the road is a great choice to start your day :)
The accommodations are fine. The room is clean and I had not problems with the facilities appliances in the room.

Take into consideration that the refrigerator is not too far from your bed so if you're sensitive to noise (like me) its noise might bother you.
Cleaning lady stops by once a week.
I must praise the great staff that was very kind and always helpful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Marlborough Homestead Studio Suites. I am pleased that you found your room accommodations satisfactory and that you could rate our hotel TEAM as “great” as well as “very kind and always helpful!”

Our hotel will be renovated shortly – slated to be completed by the end of 2012 – so I hope you will be able to visit us again soon. Renovations will include carpet, vinyl, paint, flat screen televisions, drapery, bedspreads, beds, chairs, sofas but with the same great guest service. We look forward to your return.

Thank you again for your comments. Enjoy the rest of the summer!
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

It was 100 degrees in Boston and lacking air conditioning, I decided to get out of dodge for a night. This was the cheapest place I could find in the Boston area that allowed pets.

The room wasn't in great shape but it was about what I expected. The bed was hard, the sheets were scratchy and the kitchen area wasn't very well cleaned. But the air conditioner did work, which was all I really cared about! If you just need a place to stay and aren't too picky, this is probably fine.Otherwise, you will be disappointed. My room was smoke-free but the hallways wreaked of stale smoke.

They're doing some kind of renovation or painting on the front of the building, so my window was completely taped shut with plastic. Little light came through. Make sure to ask for a room with an actual window!

Even given the poor room quality, I would probably have returned to this hotel again if circumstance ever required. However, at 6am in the morning, when taking my dog for a walk, I was informed that I hadn't signed the pet policy. When I went to do so, I saw I would be charged an extra $25 per night. I made my reservation over the phone so I could double check about their pet policy and wasn't informed of this fee. More importantly, I wasn't told about it when I checked in. Had I known that with this fee I would pay over $100 for an unimpressive room with dirty dishes and sandpaper towels, I would never had booked a room.

I will not return.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Lee225, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough, responded to this review, October 26, 2012

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why we work hard to provide our guests with clean, comfortable rooms at affordable rates. Guests are welcome to bring their four-legged friends, at a cost of $25 per night, not to exceed $150 for any single stay. This fee enables us to properly clean a room that hosted a pet based on how long the room was occupied. We know that after a week the cost to clean a room usually doesn't change, which is why we set the cap at $150. We regularly monitor our competitors to ensure that we have the most compelling value for our guests with pets. I do take very seriously feedback like yours on our pet fee.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at our hotel. Best Regards
cape cod
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I too did not see any of the problems reported by some former travelers. The room was clean, neat, and had a full size refrigerator, dishes, micro, etc and equippted for longer stays than my one-nite visit. The bathroom was clean and spacious and the bed was firm and comfortable. The room had a comfortable chair for reading/relaxing and the TV worked just fine. The hotel was conveniently located right off a major interstate hiway (495) and there were shopping centers and restaurants in the immediate area. For under $70, it was a great buy compared to other nearby chain hotels.

Room Tip: This was my first visit to this hotel and in that all of the rooms are studios, I don't have any...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Boston - Marlborough. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

Been to Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough? Share your experiences!