“Last Resort” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   19 Northborough Road East, Marlborough, MA 01752 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Marlborough
“Last Resort”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

The worst thing about this grubby little hotel is the low standard of cleanliness. I stayed here for a week and on arrival in my 'deluxe' room the floor was dirty, particularly around the bed. I complained about this every morning. Although someone had been in my room, they failed to clean the area around the bed I had mentioned to the management.
The door was also hanging from its hinges and opened only intermittently. The maintenance man promised to fix it, but did not.
Finally, on my last day, all lifts were out of order. - NEVER AGAIN!!!

Stayed July 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
The review posted about your stay at our hotel has been brought to my attention. The company prides itself on offering clean and comfortable rooms to all of our guests, which is why I was so disheartened to read your comments. Please accept my sincere apologies for the unsatisfactory experience that you had while staying with us.

First I would like to begin by saying thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention. Our staff's goal is to provide 100% guest satisfaction, something we were not able to achieve with you. Regardless, I assure you that I will be working with the maintenance and housekeeping staff during our training meetings to improve our processes, ensuring our future guests do not experience the same issues as you did.

Once again, I am sorry that your stay with us was not as enjoyable as you hoped it would be. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future; hopefully you will give us another chance to show you that our hotel is a great place to stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Indonesian first
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

The hotel was better than I expected. If you're not too picky and just want a descent place to crash after a long day, I would recommend it better than most hotels/motels around Marlborough.
The hotel is located near a small forest so don't worry about outside noise.
Wi-fi is complementary and the friendly staff can always give you good tips on the area.
Although breakfast is not available, 'Panera Bread', down the road is a great choice to start your day :)
The accommodations are fine. The room is clean and I had not problems with the facilities appliances in the room.

Take into consideration that the refrigerator is not too far from your bed so if you're sensitive to noise (like me) its noise might bother you.
Cleaning lady stops by once a week.
I must praise the great staff that was very kind and always helpful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Marlborough Homestead Studio Suites. I am pleased that you found your room accommodations satisfactory and that you could rate our hotel TEAM as “great” as well as “very kind and always helpful!”

Our hotel will be renovated shortly – slated to be completed by the end of 2012 – so I hope you will be able to visit us again soon. Renovations will include carpet, vinyl, paint, flat screen televisions, drapery, bedspreads, beds, chairs, sofas but with the same great guest service. We look forward to your return.

Thank you again for your comments. Enjoy the rest of the summer!
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

It was 100 degrees in Boston and lacking air conditioning, I decided to get out of dodge for a night. This was the cheapest place I could find in the Boston area that allowed pets.

The room wasn't in great shape but it was about what I expected. The bed was hard, the sheets were scratchy and the kitchen area wasn't very well cleaned. But the air conditioner did work, which was all I really cared about! If you just need a place to stay and aren't too picky, this is probably fine.Otherwise, you will be disappointed. My room was smoke-free but the hallways wreaked of stale smoke.

They're doing some kind of renovation or painting on the front of the building, so my window was completely taped shut with plastic. Little light came through. Make sure to ask for a room with an actual window!

Even given the poor room quality, I would probably have returned to this hotel again if circumstance ever required. However, at 6am in the morning, when taking my dog for a walk, I was informed that I hadn't signed the pet policy. When I went to do so, I saw I would be charged an extra $25 per night. I made my reservation over the phone so I could double check about their pet policy and wasn't informed of this fee. More importantly, I wasn't told about it when I checked in. Had I known that with this fee I would pay over $100 for an unimpressive room with dirty dishes and sandpaper towels, I would never had booked a room.

I will not return.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Lee225, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough, responded to this review, October 26, 2012

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why we work hard to provide our guests with clean, comfortable rooms at affordable rates. Guests are welcome to bring their four-legged friends, at a cost of $25 per night, not to exceed $150 for any single stay. This fee enables us to properly clean a room that hosted a pet based on how long the room was occupied. We know that after a week the cost to clean a room usually doesn't change, which is why we set the cap at $150. We regularly monitor our competitors to ensure that we have the most compelling value for our guests with pets. I do take very seriously feedback like yours on our pet fee.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at our hotel. Best Regards
cape cod
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I too did not see any of the problems reported by some former travelers. The room was clean, neat, and had a full size refrigerator, dishes, micro, etc and equippted for longer stays than my one-nite visit. The bathroom was clean and spacious and the bed was firm and comfortable. The room had a comfortable chair for reading/relaxing and the TV worked just fine. The hotel was conveniently located right off a major interstate hiway (495) and there were shopping centers and restaurants in the immediate area. For under $70, it was a great buy compared to other nearby chain hotels.

Room Tip: This was my first visit to this hotel and in that all of the rooms are studios, I don't have any...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Boston - Marlborough. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

Framingham, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Apparently the reviewers below are used to staying in top of the line accomodations, because I found this hotel to be right on par with an average hotel that typically charges more than double what this hotel charges. If you use online coupons, and also talk to the manager about negotiating a better price (pending the length of stay), I was able to get my cost per night down to $50 per night, and because I am staying 90 days, I also get all my tax refunded, which amounts to a huge sum of money (taxes are roughly 11.7% on hotels stays shorter than 90 days). The fact that they have a kitchenette, on site laundry, and FREE INTERNET (its not the fastest, but its still FREE), make this place a smoking value. You wont find any place in town that is even close to as nice, or offer as much for what you can book this place for. Trust me,. I have looked all over town trying to find the best value, without spending $3k+ per month. About the only place you can find cheaper is the Monticello (which is a total &*$% hole), and doesnt offer a kitchenette, or laundry. Overall, this place is a solid choice if your looking to get a nice place for a good value.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Boston - Marlborough. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Vienna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I did not see any indication of the problems that the negative reviewers of this location have reported.

I was greeted with a warm welcome. The room was spotless. For under $70.00 per night the value for the space and accommodations was excellent. Having a great "kitchenette" with a full refrigerator - cook top - microwave - toaster - and all of the plates, utensils, and pans you need made the stay very economical. "Breakfast in bed" - and I cooked it myself and saved a ton of money by not having to go out.

The mattress was very comfortable ... the place was nice and quiet.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Boston - Marlborough. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Northborough, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Dirty, smelly, dingy hotel whose policies are akin to those at an inner city by-the-night boarding house. Staying here should be one of the forms of torture used by the C.I.A. No room cleaning service offered during two weeks, was told we could not have a roll of toilet paper, were treated as though we were interlopers as opposed to guests. The manager is on a crusade to irritate, insult and instigate. I've never experienced anything so bizarre for which I actually had to pay.

Room Tip: Go to the hotels on either side of this place.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough? Share your experiences!