“Susan and co-workers go far beyond as to being the best host and hostess!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Harbor Light Inn

You added Harbor Light Inn to your Saves list
Harbor Light Inn
3.5 of 5 Inn   |   58 Washington Street, Marblehead, MA 01945   |
Offers & Announcements
50% off 2nd Night weekday
Ranked #6 of 23 Marblehead B&B and Inns
nj
“Susan and co-workers go far beyond as to being the best host and hostess!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2009

I was with the Carmi and Jay Paris group - this was our 2nd year at Harbor Light and the staff and whole town were just wonderful! I have already told many people about this small but large gem!

Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Grand Rapids, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2009

We were travelling through Massachusetts without any itinerary, and sort of stumbled upon this inn in Marblehead. It is located on a quaint, narrow street of row houses and small shops. I wasn't quite sure what to expect when walking in, but it was lovely. I knew we had found a treasure the moment I stepped into the foyer. The bedrooms were charming and everything was very clean. The pool was inviting, but the weather was too cool to swim that day. Best of all, the inn is located within short walking distance of many shops and restaurants. The area is loaded with historical buildings, and is located near the waterfront sites of many revolutionary war battles. Just what a tourist from Michigan was looking for!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
lighthouse point, florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2009

My daughter was married at the Boston Yacht Club in Marblehead so my family came from various parts of the US to stay for the wedding weekend. To say that the Harbor Light Inn was awesome would be a smalll compliment. The staff and accommodations were outstanding and I have to say the small bar was the meeting spot when family returned from the weekend festivities.

I relieved my mother of the bride stress by lighting a fire in the cozy room and enjoying the tranquil surroundings. I am not one to usually go overboard but I feel I must because the staff made every single one of us feel like a very special guest. Having breakfast on the terrace looking out at the pool and gardens made for a peaceful beginning of the day ... and the wedding (despite rain) came off without a hitch. Just like I said, a magical weekend ... Gail Marker (Lighthouse Point, FL)

Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

We have found our new FAVORITE getaway...we celebrated my 45th Bday and attended the Halloween Masquerade Ball at the Hawthorne Hotel in Salem. It was an easy in and out drive into Salem. It was like having the best of both worlds...peaceful and lot's of fun to be had at the same time. Harbor Light Inn is a beautiful old Home converted into a B&B. You get the best New England has to offer in History, Comfort and Great Service. On my Birthday, Susan made a reservation for us at "The Landing", a short walk down to the waterfront for a fabulous meal, great service and the prices were spot on for what you got. We actually ate at the Landing several more times. They even treated us like "their most important customers" when we only stopped in for a cup of chowder. We never needed to start the car until we drove into Salem. If you didn't want to drive into Salem, Susan (Hotel Mgr extraordinaire) arranged for a driver! Great shopping and Food all within an easy stroll. The locals are extremely friendly and made us feel so welcome. One word: CHARMING! Ask for Susan when you call to book your room...she is a doll, and in the right business. We met another couple there and it was so easy to do things as a group or just hang out and enjoy the Inn. The main parlor has a Chess board, which my Husband played a few stimulating games on with another guest and I got to enjoy some solitude in our room with a good book! Several other couples at the Inn also attended the Ball at the Hawthorne Hotel in Salem on Halloween and we enjoyed them very much. Our three night stay felt like a two week vacation. We plan to go back in Feb for our Anniversary! I almost forgot to mention the daily treats, cider, coffee and tea were top rate. If you want to experience Old New England with all the modern conveniences this is the place for you.

birthaappletree
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2009

The Harbor Light Inn was absolutely spectacular! My husband and I had a great visit to this beautiful inn which is elegant, comfortable, and rich with history. The inn has a great location in the middle of old town marblehead. there are many shops and restaurants within walking distance which helped make our trip even better. Marblehead is a beautiful town and the harbor light inn is a great representation of the towns history and appeal. They had a great variety for breakfast including yummy bagels, homemade muffins and breads, quiche, yogurt, bacon, and much more. My husband and i particularly liked the bars tavern which has a comfortable nautical feel. great wine selection!! Overall, our trip was amazing and I would love to come back to the Harbor Light Inn in the future. i can see why it was named one of the top ten most romantic inns in the country!!

Pcola
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2009

Arrived in Salem late on Thursday, Was not sure how to get to Marblehead to the Inn. 1 call and I had all the help I needed. Arrival at the Inn was great well organized and friendly. The rooms (rm. 27 in our case) was absolutely breath taking and had everything you needed and if there was something you were missing the every helpful staff was more than happy to get it for you. Breakfast in the mornings is a nice touch in the communal dining room or grab a tray and carry it to your room for some private time with your spouse. Either way the stay was amazing with plenty of sights here at Marblehead and shuttles back and fourth to Salem which is why we are here Halloween.
Overall I give it 2 big thumbs up! Give them a chance and you will not regret it.

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

I recently stayed at the Harbor Light Inn in Marblehead, MA for a long weekend with my boyfriend. Overall, the stay was pleasant. Marblehead is a beautiful town - easily walkable with quaint shops and stores. Also, beautiful views of the Harbor from various parks, restaurants, etc. Our main intention was to be near Salem for the Haunted Happenings events, and Marblehead is very convenient, only about a 10 minute drive.

We stayed in Room 7 on our first night - the room is very cute and clean, however, be aware that it is SMALL. The main part of the room is really just the bed and then there's a small changing area, a closet, and a small bathroom with a stall shower. If you are not interested in relaxing IN the room too much, it's fine.

Our last 3 nights we stayed in the Captain's Quarters - an apartment. This is in another building. It was described as across the street. It's really up the road a little bit, but a quick enough walk and private parking out in front. As this is an older house, the floor in the bedroom is sloped. We almost fell over a couple of times. We also had issues with the service of the room. On our second day in the room, I called to request maid service as nobody had come by and was told that we were serviced the previous day and given extra supplies. However, we had not received any extra supplies. At this point, the cleaning staff had gone home, so we had to walk over to the main building and get toilet paper, tissues and extra towels. Susan at the desk was very nice and helpful, but I left wondering if the apartments typically do not get daily maid service, even though this is listed on the amenities for that particular room.

My boyfriend was particularly concerned about an incident on our final morning. When we went to pick up our supplies, we notified Susan of an issue of a leak in our room. Maintenance responded promptly the next day, however, I was undressing to get in the shower and the maintenance man simply used his key and opened the front door without knocking. We only knew someone was coming in because we heard the screen door open. I appreciate the staff's prompt response, but also would have appreciated a knock. :)

As we had to change rooms mid-stay, our room rates were discounted. I think the prices we received were fair, however, had they not been discounted, I would have found the advertised prices to be on the high side.

Breakfast was OK - definitely not the best I've had. Typically it is continental - bread, cereal, fruit, yogurt, coffee/tea and juice. Then some warm options are available. However, these are kept on regular plates on a warmer and when we sampled them, they were ice cold. We had to have them heated in the microwave. Nothing blew me away, but was fine for a quick bite in the morning.

Additional comments: Susan was very nice in helping us secure the rooms prior to our stay. Marjorie was the main person at the desk for much of our stay and she was great!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Harbor Light Inn? Share your experiences!