“Incredibly quiet & comfortable, terrific value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 17 Chestnut Street B&B

17 Chestnut Street B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marblehead
17 Chestnut Street B&B
You added 17 Chestnut Street B&B to your Saves list
17 Chestnut Street, Marblehead, MA 01945   |
Ranked #8 of 23 Marblehead B&B and Inns
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Incredibly quiet & comfortable, terrific value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Really enjoyed my stay in this spotless, comfortable B & B run by Suzanne. I felt instantly welcomed and at home in this quiet home near the water. Having only two rooms upstairs meant a lot of privacy (even though both were occupied) and though the bath was shared I never saw or heard the other guest in the bathroom. The room was a great size for one or two people, and the bed was divine! (not always the case in a B & B) A great value in a lovely location—two thumbs up!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Rowayton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We spent two evenings at 17 Chestnut for a wedding . . our experience was lovely! 17 Chestnut is quiet, very clean, with welcoming, accommodating and warm hospitality . . walk to restaurants, water and historic sites . . we will come back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed at 17 Chestnut for a wedding, and it was absolutely perfect - the nicest B&B we had ever stayed in! The B&B was extremely clean, comfortable and quiet, and right near the water in marblehead. Suzanne was very hospitable and sweet, we will be sure to come back whenever we get a chance!

Room Tip: We stayed in the rooms on the second floor - which are best for if you are coming with friends or fa...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Middletown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

my husband and I stayed at 17 chestnut street for a long weekend this past year. The B&B was very clean and absolutely lovely and welcoming. The owner had wonderful local knowledge that helped us enjoy our weekend in Marblehead. Delightful breakfast when we woke in the morning and the rooms seemed to reflect the tow it self. Quaint and comfortable we had a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: They were all nice and different.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I first stayed at the 17 Chestnut St., B & B in Marble Head seven years ago.. The Thomas sisters were like family from the start. I agree with all of the comments; Immaculately clean, feels like family, you could eat off the floor,ETC!! I just returned from Marble Head once again (after begging Suzanne to adopt us) The one thing that stands out in my mind is the feeling of peace that seems to fill the B&B I will continue to enjoy this delightful B&B each time I return to Marble Head and I would highly recommend this B&B to any traveler heading to Marble Head.

Room Tip: The Gordon room is great.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I've known of this B & B for quite a while but never had the opportunity to stay there until last weekend. The Owner is charming and accomodating and the Inn is lovely and filled with beautiful old antiques. The place is so spotless and clean that you could truly eat off the floors if you choose to do so. Breakfast was so well done and I was quite full on all the yummy muffins, fruit, etc. There were other people staying there for the weekend and they were very pleasant and very enjoyable to be around. You can walk to everything from the Inn and so I was sorry that I went to the expense to rent a car because it was never used since everything is so handy. I will only stay at 17 Chestnut Street on my future trips to Marblehead because it's like being in my own home (but cleaner!!). I highly recommend anyone coming to Marblehead to make this their "home away from home".

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We were fortunate to find this b&b at the last minute and could not have been more pleased. Our hostess was gracious and accommodating, going the extra mile.

We had a lovely trip to Marblehead and thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. 17 Chestnut Street was delightful. Everything was pristine, cheerful and well-thought out. The proprietor was gracious and thoughtful, even giving me a huge box of bandaids for my blistered feet and offering her dryer for our wet clothes after being caught in a squall as we walked home from dinner. It was quite unexpected but warm and pleasant. However, sand washed into my comfy shoes, abrading my poor feet resulting in about seven blisters! (We should have taken one of an assortment of umbrellas available in the hall!)

Our breakfasts at 17 Chestnut were scrumptious . . . fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, melon, grapes, etc. in varying combinatiions, quiche, cinnamnon toast, toasted English muffins, jams, etc. as well as an assortment of cold cereals, juices, etc.and excellent freshly ground coffee. The dining room was very pretty and nicely appointed with family heirlooms mixed with coordinating accessories. She even used somne of her grandmother's Haviland china! We felt so at home. The house was built in the mid eighteen hundreds and had been in her family for three generations.

The owner's two little dogs are mannerly and sweet. (My husband who hates dogs did not mind them at all.)

We stayed in the bright and welcoming Powers Room upstairs with a shared bath. The other room with two single beds was occupied only one night by a single person. The beds were comfy and the room appointed with many thoughtful amenities. The downstairs room was booked.

Our hostess recommended two fine seafood restaurants (one casual, one more refined) in town both on the water so we walked there for our dinner which was excellent.

Marblehead is a pretty town with winding, gently hilled streets lined with old well-maintained homes with fine plantings. There were quite a few nice shops and stores but it is not a tourist town really. People were very friendly and the community tight and safe. We really liked this picturesque village!

Yesterday we drove out to Rockport which is also located northeast, also right on the coast but quite touristy. It was still fun to walk around and we had a good lunch there before heading back home, looking fforward to another opportunity to stay at 17 Chestnut Street! (Thank you again, Suzanne!)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to 17 Chestnut Street B&B? Share your experiences!