“Big city sophistication in a small town” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
San Diego, California
“Big city sophistication in a small town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

The new version of 5 Corners Kitchen is awesome. The restaurant is bigger with a very cool hipster vibe. The bar area is large and crowded because it is such a great place to hang out. The wait staff is very friendly and helpful. I love that we didn't have to drive into downtown Boston and spend a fortune parking to get the feel and vibe of being in a cool city restaurant. The food was superb. The entree portions are big, the sides are on the small side. The menu is a bit funky so it may not be a great place for those who are not adventurous eaters. I can't wait to go back! My only complaint is how popular it is. You have to call at least a week in advance to get a weekend night table reservation and the bar is CROWDED on weekends. The crowd is definitely upscale which is very different from the bar crowd in the rest of Marblehead.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Westford, Massachusetts
“Could be in any top restaurant city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

What a wonderful surprise. We visited the newly renovated 5 Corners Kitchen this week and found the service, decor, and most importantly, the food, to be creative, friendly and just a bit edgy. The wine list, always a challenge for the suburbs (so much so that I frequently drink water and have wine when I get home!) was really well done, with good variety, a few unusual selections, and really reasonable prices. My dogfish, a fish I had never tried and will crave ofter now that I have, was terrific -- medallions of lightly sauteed fish over a mix of veggies and a yummy carrot puree that I didn't expect to like but absolutely loved. Don't miss the house-made gelato.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Syracuse, NY
“Should be at the top of the list”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We visited this restaurant last Friday night, and was one of the best experiences we've every had! After being offered a table in the middle of the dining room, we instead chose a table in the bar area to avoid being in the middle of traffic. Near the end of our meal, the bar was so busy that we were surrounded on both sides by standing bar customers, but we didn't really care because the experience was so great. Gourmet dishes – from appetizers to dessert – were superb. My wife had the steak and I had the lamb, and both were really fantastic. This place isn't cheap, but it was well worth it for us. Appetizers of oysters (3 varieties available) and a special tuna tartare, followed by chopped salad (just okay), the amazing main courses and innovative desserts. I'd suggest calling for reservations and asking for a window table...I reserved a table online which doesn't secure any particular place in the restaurant, and this place is very hot right now. I found out that it just re-opened and doubled its size after a fire in one-half of its current space. A young, energetic and very friendly wait staff made this a really great dining experience. Don't miss this place!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere