“Tasteful New England Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Marblehead Inn
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   264 Pleasant Street, Marblehead, MA 01945   |
Ranked #3 of 23 Marblehead B&B and Inns
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Tasteful New England Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

What a pleasurable stay. We were welcomed with choice of hot or cold drink and cookie and chocolates/sweets, and good information on restaurants,etc. Lovely room. We were offered a glass of wine before we went out to eat. Breakfast was cold continental but with plentiful fresh fruit salad, hard boiled eggs, muffins etc. And wide selection of teas. Certainly a lovely place to stay. Only slight downside for some people may be the circa :30 min walk into town unless you take your car

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Nantucket, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

A beautiful and very clean and well appointed inn, I highly recommend this wonderfully staffed, delightfully decorated escape! The inn keeper was incredibly warm, helpful, and took great pride in his beautiful inn! The rooms have been recently renovated and are airy and gorgeous! I adored my stay here!

Room Tip: Every room is lovely!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
SoConnecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Beautiful Victorian, Jeffery was extremely nice, the new rear yard grounds were very well
done, I enjoyed my stay, but the morning breakfast was a high end cold Continental type
breakfast, and although it was a nice continental breakfast, I just expected more from a
B & B .

Room Tip: Room No. 1 is in front on the street side 1st floor, very nice , nice bathroom, shower, but traffi...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

The Marblehead Inn has way exceeded my expectations. Came out to visit someone for graduation. Knee was hurt in flight and Jeff offered us a different room in the first floor.

Beds are very comfortable. Always a nice choice of fruits, cereal, pastries and toast. Coffee great too.

We are currently staying here this week and have another 3 nights here.

I will totally recommended this place to anyone looking for a NICE place to stay in Marblehead.

• Stayed June 2014
glendale az usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I am from Glendale, AZ and I am so blessed to have fallen into the experience of being able to stay at this Inn for a night.

The Inn keepers name is Jeff. He is so full of knowledge and so personable, I could have chatted with him for hours, but at some point must say your goodbyes to get more travels in.

My daughter and I were going to stay in Salem, but as driving through had second guessed our decision. We had quickly started hunting on the GPS for another town to stay in that we would feel more comfortable. Marblehead is a very posh town with the most beautiful homes to look at and very close to the ocean to put your feet in the water or collect sea shells. The center of town has amazing roads that twist and turn like I have never seen before. I personally have traveled to 46 of the 50 states and can say without a shadow of a doubt that Marblehead is one of the most beautiful places that I have passed through. My daughter and I also had a lovely dinner at a restaurant called, "The Landing" in Marblehead, recommended by Jeff, the innkeeper. The Landing had the BEST clam chowder I have ever had. I also enjoyed their grilled Swordfish while my daughter enjoyed their duck with rice pilaf.

As for Marblehead Inn.......I could literally go on for many many characters describing what a lovely experience it was. Although I felt the bed was a bit on the firmer side, my daughter loved it. The pillows on the other hand were plentiful and soft as a cloud. The pressure in the shower was perfect. The tempurature was perfect in the room and the inn. The Inn was not only beautiful but could not have been any cleaner and comfortable. In the evening wine and crackers are served complimentary. In the morning a continental breakfast is served with fresh fruit, bagels, cereal, and more. It was certainly well worth the money with the atmosphere and the history lessons from Jeff.

All I can say is this place is a must and Jeff you are doing a wonderful job and are a very personalable, fun. and knowledgeable guy. Keep up the good work.

Patty and Destiny............Glendale AZ & Ballston Spa NY

Room Tip: ALL the rooms are good in this Inn.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Salem, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

This B&B is the best in the area if you want to have an exceptionally clean and quiet visit to Old Town Marblehead. It's a short walk to Old Town where you see the harbor and seafaring antiques. It has a great breakfast variety and sitting area. It has a nice reading room. Carpets are clean and fresh. Jeff is a great innkeeper who cares for all your needs. I highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We recently spent a rainy weekend at the Marblehead Inn, but had a wonderful time, mostly because of the suggestions and directions from the innkeeper, Jeff. He is definitely a keeper! He went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed. We have stayed at dozens of B&B's in New England and Jeff was, by far, the most personable innkeeper we have encountered.By the time we left, I felt like he was an old friend. We will definitely go back.

Room Tip: We stayed In Room 9. We didn't hear a sound from the rest of the inn and were able to great a g...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Marblehead Inn? Share your experiences!