“Perfect getaway, comfortable and friendly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seagull Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marblehead
Seagull Inn
You added Seagull Inn to your Saves list
106 Harbor Ave., Marblehead, MA 01945   |
Ranked #1 of 23 Marblehead B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
northampton, ma
“Perfect getaway, comfortable and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

This is a gem of a B&B. You might think you were in Maine when you are at the Seagull Inn. Its situated on a peninsula with rocky shores on one side and a beautiful harbor on the other. The Seagull rooms are comfortable. The innkeepers are friendly. The area is great for running and biking. Kayaks are available to paddle through the harbor. There is a big B for the breakfast. Homemade bread and granola along with fresh fruit, yogurt, etc.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

This was our fifth visit to the Seagull Inn. (That should be a clue about how we like it!) Our grandson is now 10 and out of school for the summer and we thought he was old enough to enjoy exploring New England. (We're from Atlanta) From the Inn you can go to Boston, (Skip and Ruth gave us precise directions to the nearby train station that took us to the Longwharf stop downtown) or you can drive North and explore Cape Ann, Gloucester, Rockport, etc. We did both. Marblehead Neck is the retreat at the end of the day because of it's serenity and beauty. It' a wonderful place to start your day with walks to the lighthouse park or Castle Rock or take one of the guests bikes for more vigorous exercise. (You'll pass the homes of at least two billionaires along the way) Skip and Ruth could not be friendlier or more helpful. They've lived there for 40 years and know everything. You can't stump them. They gave us directions to Browns Island where our grandson thrilled at walking across the ocean floor at low tide when it was just wet sand, exploring the shells and hermit crabs along the way, and then coming back hours later to find the water was ten feet deep. If you take this excursion, remember that low tide will give you about 30 minutes on the island. (Skip will look up the tide tables for you) We lingered a little too long and waded through about six inches of ocean to get back.
When you arrive they offer you a glass of wine that turns out to be bottomless. When you wake the breakfast is teriffic and they'll accomadate any needs. To summarize, you don't just get a spacious, clean, comfortable room or suite (and we've stayed in them all), at the Seagull Inn, you share a home with friends.

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

This was my husband, mine and our friends first time ever staying in a B&B and the Seagull Inn went above and beyond our expectations. From the moment we first met Skip and Ruth we knew this place was perfect for us. Not only are they wonderful, funny and charming; but they also go out of their way to help you in any way they can and to make your trip relaxing. The rooms were immaculate and the breakfast was top notch. Everything was made by Ruth and Skip and they are excellent chefs! Not only is the Seagull Inn wonderful but the location is like no other. We had heard Marblehead was beautiful but beautiful does not even describe the breathtaking views from the neighborhood around the Inn. I wpuld tell anyone I know to stay here and we would love to come again in the spring or summertime! Thank you Ruth and Skip, you made our weekend what it was intended to be....relaxing and wonderful!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

I will keep this review short, since I would basically just repeat all the wonderful things previous reviewers have already posted.

We stayed at the Seagull Inn Fri and Sat night, while in town for a wedding. We were given the Seabreeze Suite which came with its very own sitting room (with a twin bed and sofa in it). There was a tv in each room, microwave, fridge and lots of snacks and drinks available.
We also had our private bath, which was very roomy, stacked with clean towels and conveniently located across the hall. The rooms were picturesque, clean and comfy and our toddler felt right at home.
Skip and Ruth are wonderful people who truly exemplify what good B&B owners should be like. They are friendly, knowledgeable and very hospitable.
Breakfast was amazing!!!! Lots of homemade goodies and so much to chose from.
There is a big toy chest in the dining area filled with toys, which my toddler of course loved, and from what I could see there were many recreational things available for guests (kayaks, bikes, sand toys etc).
Seagull Inn will definitely be a place we will return to and we would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Jersey City, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

My husband and I had an excellent stay at the Seagull Inn on Labor Day. It was a short one night stay, but we took full advantage of what the Seagull had to offer. We used the double kayak and paddled around the harbor and took a four hour bike ride around the neck and mainland.

The accommodations were relaxing and cozy, just like a visit to grandma's house. There was delicious fresh fruit and baked goods for breakfast. The owners were friendly and knowledgeable for questions about sightseeing. And best of all, Skip is an Ohio State alum just like us, so we immediately felt at home.

Don't second guess it; this is a pure winner when selecting a bed and breakfast in or near Marblehead, MA.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Iowa City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2009

I was a recent guest at Seagull Inn on Marblehead Neck this past weekend (there is a nicely done two-lane road connecting Marblehead and Marblehead Neck). My business was near Boston but I wanted a quiet respite on the day prior to get my thoughts together and have a little "me" time before meetings. So traveling solo, I just picked a region I wanted to visit and found Marblehead. But not wanting to stay on the "mainland" (but a quick three minute drive away), I found Marblehead Neck and thus the Seagull Inn.

I'm so glad I did.

Upon arrival, I was met by Skip, who greeted me warmly and offered me a glass of wine. Wonderful man! Both Skip and Ruth were so delightful and approachable.

I stayed in the Library Room, which is filled with myriad books for your use. The room was perfectly furnished and the bed so comfy. The room is off of the living area/entrance on the ground floor so getting in and out for walks or a rest on the porch swing with a book was a breeze. Linens and towels are of excellent quality and the owners don't miss a beat regarding your comfort.

The B&B has the library room downstairs and two suites upstairs. The entire home is so roomy and comfortable and nicely decorated in a "Bay View/Harbor" sort of way without being kitschy. (Not over the top and not boring - all clean lines and charming decorative touches). All around Seagull Inn are lots of greenery (in the spring, at least) and lovely landscaping outside and all around the house. And it's just a quick 30 steps to the bay side adirondacks on the lawn. The sea-side is an easy five minute walk, if that. Such views!

I think Ruth does all the decorating and gardening and Skip is a self-taught (I believe) wood craftsman who has done most all of the tables, beds, etc. in this B&B.

The Seagull Inn has a very interesting, long history, and the owners keep books and photos on Marblehead and the history of the Inn for you to check out. (I'm a history buff so this was great for me.) Marblehead Neck is truly a stunning area north of Boston. So lovely.

Breakfast was spot on....homemade oatmeal, bagels and smoked salmon, capers, cream cheese, freshest fruit, toast, three butters, homemade preserves, boiled eggs, etc etc etc. Fantastic breakfast!

Long story short....I got what I came for - "Me" time and a great, relaxing respite. I couldn't have done better, I'm certain. Next time I'll bring hubby and we'll most definitely stay at the Seagull Inn. Thank you, Skip and Ruth, for a very pleasant and memorable stay.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2009

I found the Seagull Inn while searching through Trip Advisor for a place to stay in Salem. Since it was a week before Halloween, everywhere was booked in Salem, so I started looking nearby and that's when I discovered the town of Marblehead. We're from Australia, so I didn't know much about the area, but the reviews for the Seagull Inn were exceptional. So I decided to give it a shot. My mum and I stayed there for just one night (unfortunately the second night we wanted to stay was booked out). We arrived late at night, and a note had been left out for us with directions to our room, and details of breakfast in the morning, etc. It was very thoughtful. We stayed in the Library Suite, which was so quaint and gorgeous! There are no views from there, but it doesn't matter, because the minute you step outside in the morning, the views are stunning, everywhere you look. We had a very tasty breakfast and were given plenty of helpful information about what to do around Marblehead and Salem. The innkeeper (who was filling in for the owners) even offered to let us park our hire car in her driveway at her home while in Salem! So helpful! I absolutely loved the Seagull Inn and have already recommended it to all my family and friends (one of which is a travel agent!)!! Thank you!

• Liked — Such a beautiful property and the location is stunning
  • Disliked — The fact it was booked out and we couldn't stay an extra night - we should have booked earlier! :-)
  • Stayed October 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Seagull Inn? Share your experiences!