“Best experience ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seagull Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marblehead
Seagull Inn
You added Seagull Inn to your Saves list
106 Harbor Ave., Marblehead, MA 01945   |
Ranked #1 of 23 Marblehead B&B and Inns
“Best experience ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

I loved this inn!! The location is great the owners were so kind and made our stay the best I have ever had! I will be coming back annually wt my family ... If they don't get booked! There breakfast was great! I have a one year old and at last min. Booked a reservation they were so accomadating!!! I would recommend this inn to anyone... Well mabe not, I want to be able to get a reservation in the future! ;-)

• Stayed May 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We spent a few days at the Seagull Inn during 2011. This is a lovely and well-run inn, in a beautiful part of the NE coast. Clean, quiet and comfortable. The perfect place to relax, and with many attractions nearby. Ruth and Skip are friendly and knowledgable hosts and we look forward to spending another holiday at the Seagull Inn.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Lynbrook
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed in the Lighthouse Suite for two nights in early April. What a wonderful find! Ruth and Skip are terrific innkeepers and a wealth of knowledge about Marblehead and the surrounding areas. It's the perfect place to relax and unwind.

Room Tip: The Lighthouse Suite is a great place to stay. We enjoyed having a living room and a separate bedro...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Considering I use use use and never contribute to tripadvisor I'm long overdue! I found this B&B on tripadvisor and my boyfriend and I stayed in the Lighthouse Suite Apartment a few years ago during the month of June. It was the first time we had ever stayed at a B&B and it was perfect in every way. I was born and raised in MA and moved to CA a few years ago. I wanted to share the beauty of a MA summer by the sea with my boyfriend.

We arrived at the Seagull Inn around 4pm and we were offered hors d'oeuvres and a glass of wine which was just what we needed after a long day of traveling. The inn keepers recommended The Barnacle for dinner as we were looking for somewhere to eat on the water that served seafood. The sunset was amazing there and we had lobster and filet mignon - both pretty good. After dinner we hung out on the private roof deck off of our suite which was really relaxing. The inn was clean and nicely appointed, the kitchen in our suite was updated nicely with granite counters and everything you could possibly need. We brought a bottle of wine and the kitchen was stocked with a wine opener and glasses.

The next morning breakfast was waiting, it was really good. The freshness of the food was impressive. It was such a beautiful day we strolled down to the beach. Our stay was too short. I wish we could have stayed longer. The inn keepers were very warm and welcoming so much so after three years we still have such great fond memories of our stay at the Seagull Inn! We were unsure about staying here because it was rated #3 at the time and all I have to say is, don't hesitate it was perfect!

Room Tip: The Lighthouse Suite, private and cozy!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

We've been visiting the Seagull Inn B&B off and on for many years now. We fell in love with the setting, the ambience, and the fantastic inn-keepers, Skip and Ruth Sigler, who bring cheer even to a sad occasion or a miserable day (like yesterday, when we left).

Not wanting to feel "in a rut," we have tried out lots of other places and resorts, but we keep coming back to the Seagull. Looking out over Marblehead Harbor is an experience in itself, and the Siglers are full of suggestions as to other attractions and views. There are three suites, each appropriate to a different size family (or group). We prefer the Seabreeze, but the Library is lovely and the Lighthouse is like having your own home on the New England coast, complete with balcony and astounding views.

If you value healthy eating, Ruth grinds her own grains, shops organically, bakes her own rolls, biscotti, croissants and whatever, and serves a huge, but wholesome continental breakfast (by law they can't serve hot dishes, but you won't miss them).

Skip oversees the kitchen from his swing and has remained an enthusiastic host and amiable raconteur over the years.

We find that visiting the Seagull is like seeing old friends for a great respite.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed one night in the Library Room - very cozy and well-appointed (sherry with glasses, chocolate, snacks). Skip and Ruth truly are very open and welcoming. The conversation flowed easily across a wide array of topics. Additionally, the location is scenic and lovely. Can't imagine a better place to stay in Marblehead.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

My girlfriend and I spent New Year's weekend at the Seagull Inn and had a fabulous time. We both grew up nearby and were very excited to return "home" for a change pace from New York City. The Seagull Inn was the best decision we made. Ruth and Skip welcomed us into their home with grace and enthusiasm. We truly felt like part of their family and so did our dog. The Library Suite was spacious and private. We also enjoyed sitting around the living and dining room. Breakfast was complete and delicious with a variety of fruits, juice, coffee, oatmeal, homemade breads, smoked salmon and more. We had fun chatting with our hosts as well as exploring Chandler Hovey Park, Castle Rock and the beach around the corner from the Inn. I highly recommend a stay at the Seagull Inn to anyone looking to explore the North Shore; with easy access by car to old town Marblehead, Salem and Boston. We look forward to returning as soon as possible.

John, Jennie and Joni

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Seagull Inn? Share your experiences!