“Made things right” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mansfield
North Yarmouth, ME
“Made things right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

While I received no wake up call and then had no hot water, the hotel (as always) was clean and easily accessible and not ridiculously priced.
BUT when I called and told corporate regarding the issues (and those ARE fairly major) the manager called me the next day, was very gracious and apologetic explaining that they had been having water problems and that he had just told the corporation that they HAD to fix it. He then said he would send me a VIP pass for a free night. THAT is customer service! Good job!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Nanci,

Thank you for understanding about our hot water issues, I am sorry they had to occur when you were with us. But we fixed them quickly and effectively, and luckily only a few guests realized it, and we are grateful for that. But the fact that you had less than an awesome time with us is a concern of mine and I wanted to make it better for you, I am glad to see we succeeded. Hope to welcome you back soon.
Rick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Hope Mills, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Love THIS Red Roof. I've seen worse. Have stayed there a few time. Tracey at the front desk is amazing. She remembers people,from check in, to another needed stay 3-4 months later. To many great & friendly staff, unfortunately I do not remember names. Right off Rt.95.: mins. away from Rt. 495. Ice machines,big screen T.V. in lobby, coffee,vending machines, pet friendly, & the pool. No highway noise. Jake & Joe's. 99 Restaurant, just a few of Mansfields Great restaurants. Grocery store right next to RR.Inn. If you have a problem with the room- my needs have ALWAYS been meet. Mistake on my side. Needed the fridge.Close to Comcast center. Just my two cents My family loves this Red Roof & the staff. Always friendly. Also 5 minute drive to Mansfield Purple line train. So relax & take train to Boston or Providence RI. Many more stops on this line.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a fridge. We've stayed on both sides & I don't see a difference. W...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
i0274, Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Hi Emily: Thanks for great review, I appreciate all the kind words you had for my staff. And especially Tracy with whom I made sure received a special thank you for going above and beyond - which she always does, and I am lucky to have her, as I am all my wonderful employees. People don't realize how easy it is to get to Boston or Providence by train right down the road as you mentioned. Being recently renovated and an interior corridor property with a pool, also adds to our hotel being special. Look forward to serving you again soon. Take Care.
Rick Wardell, General Manager.
Piedmont, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

My wife and I stayed here when we were on our honeymoon and staying in Boston for a couple of days on our trip. My wife had been paralyzed a few years ago in a car accident, so finding hotels that are truly accessible for her can be a challenge. In all the hotels we've visited, this one was the most accessible. The bathroom was accessible and equipped with a roll-in shower, shelves and faucets were placed at a level she could reach, she could open the entrance door to our room with a push button, and their pool came equipped with a lift she could use (apparently the lift is a requirement of Massachusetts state law, but I haven't seen this in many other states).

Beyond that, I found the hotel to be clean and the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The manager, I think his name was Tom, was particularly helpful in telling us about how best to get around in Boston. He took extra time to really go over things with us.

We also found it to be pretty good in terms of location and price. We were traveling on a budget and as such were willing to stay out in the suburbs a bit. Traveling between there and downtown wasn't too bad.

Overall, excellent experience! If I make another trip to Boston I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Justin:

I am so happy that you enjoyed our hotel and everything was perfect for your wife. Thank you for your kind words, I have shared your review with my staff. As you mentioned, everything was easy for your wife, we recently had an upgrade to the hotel and put a great deal of thought into our handicapped rooms, wanting to make it easy and comfortble for everyone. I look forward to welcoming you back and will not hesitate to offer any help I can again to you. Take Care.

Guadalajara, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

the staff is friendly and helpful but the hotel is cold, and old, not well mantain, no f&b services, but there is a supermarket closeby downtown is about 15 minutes walking so it´s nice and very close to foxboro, no shuttle and taxis take about 20 minutes to arrive

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Gerardo:

Thank You for your review and staying we us. You are right, We are in a great location right off Rt. 95 & 495, very close to both Gillette Stadium and the Comcast Center. I believe the night you stayed with us was a particularly cold one with temps in the single digits, so I do apologize, but please come back and visit us during the warmer months and you can enjoy our pool.

Cerro Maggiore, Italia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I spent one night at this property near the highway exit. Quite convenient even if not served any colazione.La room I was assigned It has been fairly well maintained, very clean and big.
The hotel is showing its age and would serve some updating.
Bothered by the smell in the elevator.
Pets are allowed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Massifly - Thank you for your review, I appreciate your kind words about the hotel. Our rooms are large and offer the right amount of space to feel very comfortable in. Your comment about the elevator is important and because of it we are changing the carpet , in addition to daily inspections to ensure a fresh smelling and clean elevator. I am thrilled that you liked our hotel, as you have been all over the world and seen many many properties, as indicated from your profile. We welcome you back and look forward to serving you again soon. Thank you for staying with us.
G.M.
Chandler, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Gio, Tracy and victor. went out of there way everyday to make sure everything was going good
and they where sincere not just lip service ! they really enjoy people and the rooms where clean and modern with a great location and price! My brother stays there every year for a week
when he travels to Boston and told me it's like a home away from home sure enough, i stayed a week with my son, really made the trip, Going home to hotel every night knowing it was
safe, friendly and clean !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Robert:

Thank you for the Great Review, I have shared your kind words with Tracy & Gio and they remember you and are so happy they could make that difference in your stay. We try to make each and every guest just as pleased as you are, that is why we are here. And they wanted me to let you and all our guests know that they love their job and are just so thrilled working with all our guests. See you soon.

Rick Wardell

Been to Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!