“outstanding staff, quiet location, new rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   60 Forbes Blvd., Mansfield, MA 02048   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mansfield
Baltimore, Maryland
“outstanding staff, quiet location, new rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I had another great stay at this hotel.... staff is great, after several stays, Rick, Tracy, Gio, and Kevin have always provided exceptional service and always very friendly. I have always enjoyed the larger rooms at this hotel. The rooms have been recently remodeled since my last visit, and are very nice, although they still seem to have the same furniture ....Would be great if all Red Roofs had remodeled rooms. Hotel is next door to grocery and close to several restaurants of good to excellent quality, also near train station.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Hooty:

Thank You for the wonderful review. I have shared your comments with Kevin, Gio and Tracy, I know they will enjoy reading it. And your right - the hotel did just go thru a renovation, the place looks 100% better and everyone seems to love the new beds, thanks!

G.M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Only about 30 miles outside of Boston, I was able to find this newly renovated Red Roof Inn. It appears to be an old comfort inn. Its in a very nice, safe feeling area and this one even has an elevator! There is no smoking but pets are allowed.
I booked online 2 nights (saturday and sunday) deluxe king with micro/fridge for only around 70 bucks a night.
Our room was big, new carpet, freshly painted and clean. Nothing fancy, but comfortable. The king size bed was AWESOME. One of the best beds I've slept in during my 3 years on the road.
The staff was very friendly and the coffee was always hot and fresh.
There's no breakfast at any Red Roof Inn I know of and the closest fast food places are few and far between (probably bc we didn't know the area at all). The grounds are nice and ample parking. There's a huge outdoor pool that is probably very nice during swimming season and they have about 5 ground floor room that open directly into the pool. The clerk told me they're about $15 more.
All in all, we had a very pleasant stay here. I've never been surprised nor disappointed with a Red Roof....you know what you're getting and you always get it.

Room Tip: During summer months, get a room that has sliding glass doors that open to the pool area.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Vivian:

Thank you for your great review, I appreciate your comments and will share with the staff. We are in a great location outside Boston in The Cabot Office Business Park, which is indeed a very safe location, hope to welcome you back soon.

San Jose, Costa Rica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I arrived at Logan Airport around midnight and had a long drive ahead of me. Because the first leg of my flight was from another country, I'd been up since 2:30 am and needed a place to sleep. And that's what I got - a place to sleep with a comfy bed, lots of hot water in the shower, plenty of towels, and free wi-fi. However, that's all I got. The coffee machine in my room didn't work and the "coffee" in the lobby was tepid and awful tasting. Yet, given hotel pricing around metro Boston, I got what I paid for.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear SJAnita:

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us for the most part and got what you needed, that is important. Red Roof Inns pride themselves on providing good, clean comfortable rooms that have all the amenities today's traveler needs. We do not offer a great deal of frilly things that one may not use, just all the things you would find in your own home.
Stowe, Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We booked a 1-night stay based on proximity to the Mansfield SportsPlex for our brief stay in the area. The location was perfect, minutes from the MPlex and conveniently close to a coffee shop, grocery store and only 15 minutes from Patriot Place in Foxboro - which is loaded with restaurants, shopping, Patriot Stadium and a fantastic movie theatre.

The hotel posts 100% smoke free signs and fines for guests who smoke in the rooms. That's nice, but the designated smoking area is directly connected to the front entry door of the hotel. On arrival, we had to walk through the smoking area, complete with smokers, to enter and exit the hotel. Not exactly what we were expecting from a 100% smoke free hotel. We asked about it at reception, but that's just where the smoking area is located. The rooms are smoke-free, but not the hotel entry. Go figure.

We also learned that dogs are accepted and can be on any floor, in any room. We're big time dog lovers, but still, we didn't expect to hear dogs barking down the hall when we woke up in the morning. We asked on check-out if dogs were allowed on all floors, or if there were floors guests could reserve that were "dog free". Nope...dogs can be in any guest room and they are placed based on availability. The receptionist (who was very nice) also said that when the dog show is in town, there are lots and lots of dogs on the property. FYI.

The rooms had been renovated in the last year. Renovations included only new mattresses and new carpeting. The bathrooms were a bit dated, but clean. Amenities were very basic. TV includes HBO. The beds had the blanket on top of the sheet (not inside a double sheet or inside a cover of some type)...that made you wonder who slept under it last night.

The only room "issue" we had was a toilet that leaked from the bottom onto the floor when flushed. Reception offered to immediately move us to another room - but maintenance had it fixed while we were out. So only a minor inconvenience. In a basic room there is no microwave or frig, but those are available for $30 more a night.

All in all, for $69/night we were reasonably comfortable. The hotel staff was very friendly. For a 1-night stay, we decided to take the difference between the rate here and the rate at the Holiday Inn down the street ($119) and go out for dinner and a movie. A good trade. The isn't a "romantic get-away" destination hotel, or the spot for your next family vacation, but is fine for a 1-night basketball tournament (or dog show I guess) or an overnight for a meeting...or football game.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Stowe Meadows: Thank you for your recent review and Solid score, we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and that is important. We are indeed in a great location just off of Rt. 95 and Rt. 495 close to both the Comcast Center and Gillette Stadium. I do apologize about the "smoking area in the front of the hotel. It happens to be where we have 2 park benches for guests to relax in. Recently with our new non-smoking policy many of our smoking guests use that area. Thank you for bringing it to our attention that it may not be the best place to allow smoking.
And the next time you are in the area attending a football game or concert, we welcome you back and trust that your next stay will be as enjoyable as this was for you and your family.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

The stay was great, the rooms were perfect, 5th floor was just remodeled and the rooms came out perfect. The front desk was friendly, gio checked me in and helped me out with directions. I recommend this hotel to anyone, very cheap

• Stayed February 2013
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Nancy:

Thank you for your kind words, I will be sharing them with my staff especially Gio, who I know will be thrilled. He always try to make our guests feel at home and welcomed. We all value your business and are so pleased you stayed with us in our newly renovated hotel. Thanks!

G.M.
Kansas City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I had a great stay at this hotel and it looks newly renovated so it was nice and clean. Very close to the highway which is a plus. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Giovanni checked me in and told me about a bunch of places to eat and shop (not from around here so I needed all the help I can get!). Extremely helpful and friendly young man. Whenever I'm back in this area I will most definitely come back to this hotel!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Gregg:

I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and Gio was able to help you out with all your needs. I will definitely be sharing your comments with him, I know he will enjoy it. Thank you for staying with us and letting us know how wonderful your stay was here.

RIck Wardell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Kev checked me in and he was nice and Tracy and gio we're also good With me. I recommend the hotel because it's very close to the Gillette stadium and Comcast center. And it has the best rates around the area.and got a wake up call on time :)

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Christian:

Thanks for great review. I am glad the front desk was so helpful with all your requests. And the fact that you got your wake call on time is a good sign. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Rick Wardell

Been to Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!