“Cross Roads” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Mansfield
Boston, Massachusetts
“Cross Roads”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

As an experienced traveler the small and not so small items become important . I have stayed at this facility about 3 to 4 times a month on Business over the last several years. After the third trip the Front Desk Manager " GIO" knows me by my name, knows the room I want and has yet to not anticipate a request. Odd as it may seem in a "bargain " hotel chain I would recommend this one, this manager and its support staff 100% every time . I have been treated better here than at chains 3 X as costly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear DonL,

I shared your comments with Gio and he was thrilled! He replied "I am just doing my job."
I blieve all the staff here enjoy coming to work and interacting with you our guests. We want you to enjoy stay and return, which is sounds like you will, Thank You.

160 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Sealy, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

we stay all the time here at the Red Roof, because we are over the road truckers and we can park our truck and trailer. The outdoor pool is always being cleaned. If there are any problems just alert front desk and they are more than willing to help. The manager is very, nice and will also help you with whatever you need.

Room Tip: well they are renovating all the time, they just upgrated to flat screen tvs which are great...next...
Dear Gail:

Thanks for the great review. We love having you stay with us and you are always welcome at your home away from home. Please let myself or the staff know if you need anything, and we will do the best we can to get it for you. See you Soon.

Holbrook, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I have been staying at the red roof inn in Mansfield, MA for the past week. It has been a great experience so far, It is a very clean place with a great friendly staff! There is a beautiful pool outside great for adults and kids! I would highly suggest the Red Roof Inn to anyone I know traveling or to just get away for the night! In the morning they have a coffee bar ready for you or you can brew your own in your room! The prices are so reasonable they beat any hotel around the area, it made it so much easier with 3 kids, plus kids under age 17 stay free! Also If you go there make sure you get a redicard because after 7 nights you get a free night!!

Dear Melissa:

Thanks for your kind words, I am so glad to see you and the kids enjoyed your stay and took advantage of the pool-side suites with direct access to the water. We pride ourselves on keeping a clean friendly hotel that guests will enjoy, and you did. See you soon!

Albany, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

This hotel was dirty and had a bug problem. We stayed 2 nights. The first night, no issues...the second night, ants were everywhere, near the a/c. I alerted the front desk, asked if we were leaving, when answered yes, he replied that he will spray. Got back around 10pm, told me he sprayed, went in the room and there were still ants! He then questioned me as to if they were really there, so he had to follow me to the room...asked if I spilled anything sticky. We were barely in the room! Switched rooms, mind you at 10:30pm, the next room was smelly and the bathroom was gross. We had to put towels down on the floor, so we wouldn't get our feet dirty. The a/c didn't work either. I have put a complaint into corporate, let's see if anything gets down. I don't care how cheap the room was, not worth it.

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

My family and I stayed the weekend of May 18th - May 20th for a concert at the Comcast Center. We arrived late, around 10pm, and the front desk person was very sweet. Check in was flawless and he even welcomed our pet warmly. Glad I made a reservation, though, because they were booked and we had driven 6 hours from Brooklyn, NY. When I mentioned we were hungry, he gave us directions to a few places or a menu for Dominos to have food delivered. The parking area was very well lit and I had no qualms about leaving my car there. The lobby, elevator, hall way, and our room carpets were beautiful and welcoming. The room was had 2 full beds, was very well lit, and the air was already running to keep the room comfortable. It was non smoking, so it smelled good. My only issues were that when we turned down the blankets for bed, my blanket had a huge yellow stain on it and I tossed it off the bed immediately. When I tried to call downstairs on the hotel's phone, it didn't work, so we just went to sleep without complaint. Also, disappointingly, my reservationist had told us the pool wouldn't be open until the weekend after our visit, so we hadn't packed bathing suits; only to find out the pool was already open. Oh, and the safe in our room didn't work, so I had to take my laptop with me everywhere we went. The bathrooms are large and very clean, but the tubs don't drain properly and water accumulates while you're showering. The water also stays there for about half an hour after you get out of the shower; this was a little annoying seeing as there were 3 of us in the room and if one person took too long, the next person either waited half an hour for the water to drain or took a shower while being ankle deep in the previous person's shower water. Disgusting. When we tried to tell housekeeping about it, her cart was in the hall way; but she was nowhere near it. Someone walking the hall way with a clipboard and what looked like a back pack vacuum said she was on lunch, so we went about our day. Honestly, the staff makes this hotel worth visiting again. They are welcoming, genuinely friendly, and sincerely eager to please. The other stuff is seriously just cosmetic and can very easily be fixed, but you can hardly find people as friendly as the entire staff seems to be at this location. First impression is that the staff wants you to enjoy your stay with Red Roof Inn and they go the extra mile to make it so. They even have an organized accordion folder full of names and directions to local places: eateries, pharmacies, pet stores, malls, and the Comcast Center. You don't get service like this in those big chain places and the Red Roof Inn is very affordable. First impressions are lasting impressions and I would DEFINITELY stay there, again.

Room Tip: Second floor above the pool affords a perfect view of the parking lot if you're nervous about le...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear Emmie:

I have shared your review with my staff and they are so happy that you were happy with them, becasue they really do try hard to make everyone's stay as best as it can be. I am sorry about the drain in your tub, but want you to know we took care of the issue and hopefully it will not happen again. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us here in Mansfield and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

We sayed here only for one night enroute to Boston and was my first stay with Red Roof, I booked this because it was hard and expensive to find anythingelse near the memorial weekend.

We had a non-smoking ground floor ADA room with 2 double bed because nothingelse was available. The bedroom is decent size even with a large bathroom and very clean. No shampoo was provided other than 2 soap bars. There was no microwave or refrigetator in the room.

There is an ATM machine in the lobby which may be useful to some. Free coffee was brewed and kept in a pot so it gets cold fast.

Overall I am satisfied for the night stay so it will be my backup if I cannot find anything in my usual preferred hotels.

• Stayed May 2012
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear Billy:

I was pleased to read you found our Red Roof Inn here in Mansfield to your liking, thank you for your review. Hopefully next time in the area you will stay with us again, thanks.

Rutland, Vermont
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Stayed here for the weekend when visiting Boston. Front desk staff very friendly and couteous. I agree with the reviewer that talked about the dirty carpet in the elevator. Could use a good vacuuming. Website for this property is very evasive, suggesting that all rooms have refrigerators, which is not the case. I am Diabetic and need my medication refrigerated. Had to keep refilling a bucket from the ice machine down the hall.

Only 2 pillows on the bed. I asked the front desk for more and was told they had all been given out. If all your customers want more pillows- you need more in the rooms!! No brainer...

Gross rust stain on the bottom of the tub. Daughter also stayed for the weekend in this hotel and said her tub had the same stain. I am pretty sure this can be prevented or repaired.

Very thin sheets on the beds. Not many TV stations available.

My room was clean but daughter said there was still hair in her bathtub.

Would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay away fron rooms 411, 412, 413- they are near a very loud ice machine
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, May 26, 2012
Dear SewFine:

I am sorry about the elevator rug being not as clean as it could be. The weekend you stayed here was extremely busy with a Lacrosse tournament at Gillette Stadium. I was pleased to read that the front desk was very good to you and helpful. Please remember if for any reason you would like to change your room, please let us know and we will take care of that immediately, we want all our guest to be as pleased and happy as possible.
Rick Wardell

Been to Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!