“We won't go there again” 2 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   60 Forbes Blvd., Mansfield, MA 02048   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mansfield
new hampshire
“We won't go there again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

Yes, you get what you pay for ~ we book this hotel because it was close to Gillette Stadium and had a fair rate ~ but the room was a sketchy especially the bathroom, it looked like the sink had NEVER been scrubbed and the shower would not drain with scary stains on the shower curtain ~ when we mentioned this to the front desk girl she looked at us blankly ~ we survived but will not stay there again

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Thank you for your honest remarks. I was sincerely sorry to read that you had some issues with your room. I am bringing your remarks up with the Housekeeping staff so that they will learn first hand how to be better. I am working with the Housekeepers personally, as well as Maintenance and plan on making our hotel the best Red Roof Inn any one will stay at. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again very soon, you will like the changes.
Rick Wardell, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Naples, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I booked the Red Roof in Mansfield because of a major power outage and because it was all that was available. The place is a1 star hotel. The decor was old and dilapilated. The lobby was messy. There were no amenities other than a frozen over outdoor pool. The room was not bad...very basic but clean. The internet worked fine. Just down the hall from my room was an ice machine that sounded like a 747 taking off. It was better than being home with no power in the cold, but just barely.

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2011
I was pleased to read that we were able to comfort you during the power outage. The Red Roof Inn, Mansfield often is one of the few hotels in the area that does not lose power like most others. During Hurricane Irene, we experienced a similar situation. We were extremely busy during the sudden snow storm last week, selling out every night, and I apologise that we could not give you the utmost attention. I understand that perhaps you were expecting something different, but to most people looking for a good clean room without the flair or price of some higher end luxury properties, our guests love us. Thank you for staying with us.
Foxboro, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

Every one here goes up and beyond the call of duty!!! I have a 9 year old daughther that helps her out all the time with homework!! Ive been here a few times and I love it. I will recomend this place to everyone that needs a place to spend a night or come for vacations it's inexpensive and the staff it's first class standards! Always have a warm and welcoming smile at the front desk and always greets us no matter what! You go Dahianna :) and the rest of the staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
i0274, Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2011
Thank you for such a great review. I appreciate your kind words and will share them with my entire staff, I know they will love hearing what you said. We look forward to welcoming you back, see you soon.

Rick Wardell
Anchorage
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

This hotel is very basic, with outdated decor and minimal comforts. The room was set up badly, leaving you to make a choice whether to have the tv and cable box plugged in or the coffee pot and wall lamp. Ever heard of a power strip?
When we discovered that the trash hadn't been emptied, I suppose that should have warned us that maybe other things had been overlooked when cleaning the room. 1 of the 2 double beds not have clean sheets and the night staff was happy enough to bring us up sheets for us to change the bed ourselves, but we were advised to speak directly with the new manager the next day to voice our complaint. It seems that he/she doesn't value the staff's opinions/concerns very highly, as the poor night staff person seemed powerless to make sure anything was done about the obviously common problem.
And, what's the deal with hotels weird versions of making a bed. You have to totally tear the bed apart to remake it to some normal configuration of sheets and blankets. I personally dont like sleeping with a sheet 5 ft up over my head and the middle blanket that only goes up to mid thigh. Apparently, someones crazy idea of what looks aesthetically pleasing on a bed is worth really pissing people off when they go to sleep in it. And, when your bedding is 15 yrs old or more, nothing is going to help it look better except a burn pile.
No bed bugs were found, so there's always a silver lining. Oh, and when anyone around or above you takes a shower, the creaky pipes will wake you from dead sleep. Yay.

Room Tip: By the elevator is very noisy.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
I am glad to hear there was a silver lining in your stay with us. However, I was sorry to hear that you wanted to speak to me, I did not know that, I would have been happy to sit down and chatted with you about any issues you had with us and solve them as best I could. I also want to let you know that we pride ourselves on giving our Front Desk staff the authority to help our guests in any way they can. Many times guests would like to speak directly to me either the voice their praise or a complaint which is why the front desk may of directed you to me. And yes we do make our beds the way you describe, as it does look attractive, a nice taught bed. I do apologize you did not like it. I will try to contact you and see if there is anything I can do for you and talk about your stay with us. I appreciate your remarks and hope to follow-up with you soon.

Rick Wardell, GM
NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

Overall the Red Roof was barely okay for a business trip. It's in serious need of an update as everything looks pretty dated aside from the free wi-fi which was a great feature for work. The rooms were neat but also in SERIOUS need of updates! The big turnoff for me was the tub which had a bad rust stain on the bottom of it. The staff was fine but not overly helpful and housekeeping was efficient. This place was fine for an inexpensive place to go for a night or two as a business trip but outside of that I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
Thank you for you review. And Thank you for your kind remarks, however I would like to address those issues you had with our hotel. We recently had an upgrade 3 years ago and consistently replace any furniture, linen, towels, carpet or bath amenities. As you mention, we do pride ourselves on having clean comfortable rooms at a good rate. Next time you are with us please let me know and I would be happy to help you find a room that is perfect for your needs. I look forward to welcoming you back whether for business or pleasure.
Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

We stayed at this hotel because other family members were staying here and we were able to get a discounted rate. Plus one family member was traveling with their dog and this hotel allows dogs. Next time we will spend the extra $20 to $40 to stay somewhere else.
The staff was friendly and efficient. Our room was clean but had the bare minimum. Which I can deal with but I can't deal with the room smelling like a dog and everything we touched was damp. I mean even when we got into bed the sheets were damp and it wasn't only our room. I asked other family members and they said the same thing. My kids sweatshirts that were hanging up in the closet were damp the next morning. Our newspaper on the desk was curled in the morning and damp. We just couldn't get comfortable in the room.
There wasn't even a fan in the bathroom so after my shower I had to take a towel and keep wiping down the mirror to apply makeup.
The TV didn't have one kid friendly channel and if I wanted to order the animated movie Rio it was $17!!!!
I thought okay no big deal, maybe the tv played dvd's but it didn't.
Oh yeah and the bathroom light blinked like a strobe light if on too long.
And the fifth floor had smoking rooms.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
I apologize for your room not being the absolute best it could have been. If, for what ever reason you are not satisfied with the room you are in, please remember to let the Front Desk know and we would move you to another room immediately. I was happy to read that they were friendly and helpful to you and your family.

Rick Wardell
Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

Traveling far away from our home town in Manchester NH down to Mansfield MA to see our favorite band Blink 182, we were having a great time despite the traffic and weather conditions. After the concert it took about an hour to get out of the parking lot where we met up with a heavy lane of traffic leading to the highway. While sitting in traffic preparing for our 2 hour ride home we finally broke free and made our way to the highway. As we started to get onto the on ramp leading onto I-95 a car in front of me hit a car in front of them and before we knew it we were in our first serious car accident.
My car was wrecked, the air bags met our faces and the state police that was already posted there for the concert flashed his light into the car. The officer took the license and registrations of each driver, called in tow trucks and shipped us away. Still in shock and not knowing what was going on my friend and I were driven to the Red Roof Inn, in Mansfield MA and left there with no car, no money, and dead cell phones. Cold and wet we walked inside to get warm and contact out parents. With nothing working out we became frustrated and drained of energy.
About to lose hope, a caring smiling face came over to us and asked if we needed anything. Surprised that someone actually cared about us we thankfully accepted her assistance. Marianne helped us with such motherly care; I could not thank my God hard enough for sending an angel our way.
Being that our pants were soaked Marianne offered to dry them in the Inn’s dryer. Since our cell phones where dead she offered the land line to us so we could call for a ride home. Wrapped in a towel, Marianne even went to her car to see if she had a spare pair of pants for my friend. That’s not just fantastic customer service, that’s a real person who cares. My friend had a sprained hand and with no medical attention from the accident, Marianne helped assisted in finding materials to form a makeshift splint.
Keeping us company until our ride came, Marianne gave us the best care and customer service anyone could ever ask for. Doing all that she could Marianne made our hell of a night that much better. Even though we didn’t spend the night our visit to the Red Roof Inn was one to remember.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to call me and then write about your experience despite the unfortunate circumstance that brought you to our door. I am sure your family is happy to have you home safe in their arms. I truly appreciate your kind words about Marianne and agree that she is an angel, we are very fortunate to have her with our company. Her motherly instincts kicked in when she saw the two of you walk through the door as she could see the distress in your faces. We pride ourselves for treating everyone that walks through our door, like family and a valuable guest registered or not. When Marianne explained to me the next day what happened, we were both so concerned about the incident, but more importantly we were relieved that we were there for you. Then, when I spoke with you personally, I knew what Marianne did to help you was truly wonderful, and I am so glad that she is your angle, because we think pretty darn well her also. We truly appreciate your comments as this tells us you are doing much better and safe at home. Should you ever return to the area please visit us, Marianne would love to see you.

Rick Wardell GM
60 Forbes Boulevard
Mansfield, MA 02048
(508)339-2323 i0274@redroof.com

Been to Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!