“Great location for Tweeter Center (now Verizon Center??)” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mansfield
Connecticut
“Great location for Tweeter Center (now Verizon Center??)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2008

Stayed here one night for the Eric Clapton concert - this is a great location to get to and from the Tweeter Center easily. Hotel is in a business park, but only 5-10 minutes from Tweeter.

Hotel itself is older, doing some renovating. Room overlooked the pool, but was quiet enough. Staff was friendly, quick with directions. Did not eat in the restaurant (went to the world's smallest, and slowest, Bertucci's in town). Parking at the hotel was an adventure as they were apparently in the middle of sealing and striping the parking lot, and thus had two distinctly different parking patterns that could easily cause someone to get parked in.

• Liked — Location to Tweeter Center
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2008

Had to go to Mansfield on business and this hotel was 4 minutes away from the office. Upon checkin, the lobby area is nice and relatively updated. One of the first things that I noticed was the unmistakable smell of chlorine - there is an indoor pool and all you can smell is chlorine. But, as my room was on the second floor at the other end of the hotel, this was not a big deal. The hallway carpet is reminiscent of some cheesy casino carpet from the 80's. The room was clean and relatively updated, no fridge in my room, and it had a nice desk space and wireless internet access.

The shower, well, that is another story. At least the shower head was high up enough that I did not have to duck to take a shower (being 6' that can be an issue), but the shower head is a water saving shower head - 2.5 gallons per minute. Now, I am all for conserving water, but taking a shower in something that resembles the vegetable misters at the food store is just not fun. And, yes, where the top of the shower meets the wall paper, there is a nice collection of mold and mildew there - that was kind of gross.

Regarding finding an ice machine - you need to leave a trail of bread-crumbs to find your way back to your room. The first night I had to go to the complete opposite end of the hotel to find an ice machine which is obscene based on the number of rooms that are in this hotel. The second night, I found one closer to the room, but it was broken - put on the hiking boots, back to the other end of the hotel.

Back to the chlorine smell - if you have a room that overlooks the pool or is adjacent to the pool - I hope you like humidity and chlorine. I am not a fan of indoor pools at hotels, so, perhaps I am jaded, but I just can't stand the humidity and chlorine indoors.

It appears as though they are replacing all of the beds in the first floor rooms, I was assigned a first floor room at first, but then it was changed. So, in the the near future, if you have first floor room, you should have a new mattress.

Overall, not a bad place - but I think that a continental breakfast should be included, not charging $8 for breakfast. I found a Dunkin Donuts inside the Stop and Shop down the road - that is where I got my breakfast muffin and coffee.

As the title says - not a bad place, but not great.

• Liked — Proximity to office
  • Disliked — Walking for 4 minutes to find an ice machine - about 10 minutes round trip
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Oceanside, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2008

As part of a hockey tournament, we stayed at this hotel in mid jan. Location was outstanding but the interior rooms were a bit early 1980ish. Definitely in need of some capital improvements: paint, wiring, appliances, and bathroom tiles, although the mold did give the room some color.. Rate was reasonably and staff was pleasant.

Stayed January 2008
MA Woods
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2007

I used Priority Club points to book this room (15,000). My husband and son were attending a 4:15 Patriots game and we didn't want to make the long drive home after the game.

When we checked in we were given a $5.00 coupon to use in the restaurant. We went to our room and then ate in the restuarant. The food was quite good! We also used our Entertainment Card and got 1 entree for free. Additionally, children eat for free at Holiday Inn. The three of us had a great meal for less than $30 (including tax, tip and drinks).

We returned to the room and I kept telling my husband that I didn't like the room. He was more concerned with getting to the football game. After he and my son left for the game on a paid shuttle that the hotel had arranged for us, I asked the front desk to change our room.

Why do hotels always give you the most unappealing rooms when you check in? Was it because I used points to pay for the room? My first room had a tiny, fuzzy TV and rock hard mattresses. The TV issue was very important to me because we planned to watch the Red Sox sweep the World Series after the Patriots game. The room was also very small and overlooked an ugly parking lot.

The front desk very pleasantly changed our room. Our new room was a jacuzzi suite. The king size bed had a very comfortable and new mattress. The sofa was a pull out. The jacuzzi faced the very large (more than than the 42" we have at home) flat screen HD TV that was mounted on the wall. On his return to our new room after the Patriots game, my son announced that he was going to watch the entire baseball game from the jacuzzi (which he almost did - I drained it after the 7th inning because I was afraid he was going to fall asleep in it). The room had a balcony with chairs and a small table which overlooked the beautiful pool area. The room also had a microwave and refrigerator.

We ordered a couple of room service appetizers while we waited for our Papa Ginos pizza delivery to arrive. The room service arrived in less than 30 minutes. The calamari and spinach artichoke dip were amazing and equal to anything that you would get in a 5 star hotel.

I usually am pretty tough on Holiday Inn, but this one is good. Stay away from the Springfield, MA and Holyoke, MA properties.

Stayed October 2007
massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2007

THis is was a good choice as it's near the outlets. gillette stadium ( the patriots) and tweeter center. Our favorite part was the huge lobby with fountain and the indoor pool and jacuzzi. We were away from our kids, so relaxing in the jacuzzi was a must! Our room was clean and comfortable, what you would expect from the holiday inn. We did not eat at the restaurant. There are a few hotels right in the area, but this one is great if you have kids (cause of the pool) and it's the farthest from the highway.

Stayed October 2006
Riverdale, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2007

This hotel is ok and is very pretty when you walk in, but the rooms are out dated and the bed is a box of rocks. For the price of $160, it is over priced.

Stayed June 2007
Albany, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2007

When I arrived at this hotel, I was hoping for a quiet room, but it was a Friday night, and it looked like there were at least full-fledged parties underway: a wedding party, a boxer convention, and a family reunion. Or maybe I'm merging the wedding and the reunion -- either way, there was going to be some serious drinking in the hotel that night. I thought,"Uh, oh, here we go." But my fears did not prove true. Fortunately, my room was quiet -- only a few loud voices in the hallway at night. The hotel seems fairly soundproof, which is good.

Things I liked about this hotel:
- Windows can be opened for fresh air (very important)
- Front desk staff very pleasant
- Housekeeping very nice (I left behind an item and they sent it to me)
- Rooms big and clean
- Good location for Mansfield/Foxboro
- Grocery store nearby

Things that could be better:
$107/night price was a little high but managable
No free breakfast in the morning, like Holiday Inn Express has.

Overall, though, it was great and I'd stay there again.

Stayed April 2007

Been to Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area? Share your experiences!