The room was good in terms of facilities and cleanliness although the shower enclosure would benefit from refurbishment and, like so many American hotels, the lighting in the room was inadequate. The a/c was so noisy that watching TV was impossible if the a/c was on and I had to switch it off before attempting to sleep.
However, although friendly enough the service was poor. I booked this hotel because it was described as being near the railway station - it is not! And after waiting more than 45 minutes for the minivan to arrive to collect me from the station, and not even getting an apology or explanation I was far from impressed. Without your own car this venue is not a practical proposition as there is nothing nearby.
The restaurant was also advertised in glowing terms but I can't understand how they can justify that. The food was dreadful, parts of it were inedible - don't attempt their garlic mash! - and the price was high for what was offered. On a positive note, the beer was good as was the service. Breakfast was good and reasonably priced.
This was the first Holiday Inn I have stayed in for several years but I will not be patronising the brand in the near future.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Mansfield Foxboro Hotel Mansfield
- Holiday Inn Mansfield Foxboro Hotel
- Holiday Inn Mansfield
- Holiday Inn Mansfield Foxboro
- Mansfield Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voted "Business of the Year" by the Tri-Town Chamber. Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro is a newly decorated hotel with guest experience a top priority. Centrally located between Providence and Boston, we are the ideal hotel for business and leisure travelers. Whether visiting nearby destinations such as Boston, Cape Cod or Plymouth, visiting Wrentham Village Premium Outlets or taking in a concert at the Comcast Center, the Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro hotel is sure to exceed your expectations. We are the closest full service Holiday Inn hotel to Patriot Place at Gillette Stadium, home of the New England Patriots and the NE Revolution. Our extended stay Foxboro area hotel features 202 newly renovated rooms and suites, 19 rooms of meeting space, a grand ballroom, a beautiful atrium courtyard, 2 restaurants, Wi-Fi, Jacuzzi, sauna, indoor pool, and complimentary shuttle service within a 2 mile radius as well as an 8,000 sq. ft. fitness center with aerobics classes. Central to Boston's Logan Airport and TF Green Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.