“Comfortable stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Malden
Toronto, Canada
“Comfortable stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

We were in Boston for the first time & our stay at this location was very comfortable. We got a clean room with a very neat & new looking bathroom. We took a non-smoking room. Our stay was very nice. The breakfast was very basic but that is okay considering it is not a high price hotel. The only issue I have are the other lodgers - loud, noisy people hovering around.

The management was great we didn't have any trouble. Courteous & good staff. Overall a good stay at a good place.

Romana

Room Tip: Non-smoking!!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011 via mobile

For $70 a night, on the outskirts of Boston, I thought we'd get more for our money.

Pros---
-Well lit, ample parking.
-AAA Discount.
-easy drive to Boston

Cons---
-Rooms look dirty & smell like smoke
-Sheets smell dirty
-Sketchy looking people hanging around
-"free breakfast" consists of white toast & warm orange juice.
-halls smell of smoke.

In my experience you can find a nicer hotel for the money.

• Stayed December 2011
econolodgemaldenma, Webmaster at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Econo Lodge during your last visit to our area.

We appreciate your review and putting forth your straight observations and appreciating the good things.

We have attended all your points suggested for improvement and also overall amenities. The breakfast shall be improved.

We would like to invite you to once again choose us during your next visit and have a delightful experience.

Hotel Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Malden hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

i was highly disappointed in the room that we stayed in, the bathroom door was broken, the dresser was broken, the refridgerator smelled, and the worst part of it all, the second night we stayed there my fiance and i both got bitten by something, we both had bites on our arms and legs and face. i will never stay here again. i was so glad when we checked out, but very disappointed. i felt as though the money we paid , we could have gotten a better suitable comfortable room. i believe that my fiance also wrote a review and contacted corperate.
the room smelled heavily of cigarettes. i wish we could have had another room.

Room Tip: i do not recommend rooms from the outside, on the other side of hotel.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying at the Econo Lodge and the review.

We are investigating the issue you have mentioned, but our apologies for the same however unlikely it may be.

We believe that’s only way to improve.

We are paying serious issues to the amenities and also pest control through a special agency. The cigarette smell issue is also looked into.

Please consider staying with us again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011 via mobile

During our whole weekend stay, it smelled and reaked of cigarettes. We opened the windows to let the air circulate, but literally it smells as though you have five people smoking in the room all the time.
The guy who checked us in let us check in early because we were super early, so that was nice. So far I have not gotten any fresh towels, and I guess the continental breakfast will have to do. Overall I felt like I settled for less, I felt like I paid for much better room than this. But what can we do now

• Stayed October 2011
Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Econo Lodge for your stay.

We are sorry for the inconvenience experience by you in spite of being a most understandable guest.

We are taking up the issue of the cigarette smoke in the rooms.

We shall definitely look into the things and improve wherever necessary and of course the breakfast.

Please be assured of a fine stay next time.

Wareham, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

This hotel is not in a bad area but the rooms are very run down. Staff was ok and I guess if I were stuck I would stay there again but their would have to me no other option.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Econo Lodge and the review.

We are in the process of improving all our rooms.

Glad that you found the staff hospitality OK.

We will offer you the best hospitality and better stay next time.

So please do visit us again.

Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I would highly recommend that everyone stay as FAR away from this place as possible. I had a night booked to stay here, and when I arrived they told me that there was no rooms left. The management was no help and provided us with no other viable options. I spent the whole night on a cold concrete airport floor, and when I tried to let Choice Hotel's and EconoLodge know about this situation they paid no attention to me and gave no answers. I will make sure that everyone I know in person and on the internet stays away from EconoLodge!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for choosing the ABVI and the review.

We are investigating the issue and shall definitely take appropriate steps towards redressing the same.

We never have received such a complaint before.

We will offer you the best hospitality. So please do visit us again.

Twin Cities MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

My husband and son were stuck in Boston due to hurricane Irene, so I was looking for something inexpensive relatively near Logan airport. Econo Lodge fit the bill, but but by all accounts it was not a great place. As others stated, "It served it's purpose," but the supposedly non-smoking rooms smelled of stale smoke (not good for my kid's asthma) and my husband suspected they might rent out rooms by the hour (but that could have been hyperbole). They certainly survived the adventure, but were glad it was only a one-night stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Econo Lodge during your recent visit.

We value your time to comment on your recent stay and your observations.

It is our aim to offer our guests a entirely satisfactory service at the Econo Lodge.

All the observations in the review have been addressed effectively.

We hope you will give us another chance to convince you with a better service and hospitality.

Hotel Manager.

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!