“Good choice!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Greenville, South Carolina
“Good choice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

The car rental agency at Logan airport advised us to go in the direction of Lynn MA for a quick bite to eat when we first arrived in Boston. We had to come back to the airport to pick up the rest of our party and didn't want to get stuck in traffic. We drove until we saw a full parking lot and it happened to be this restaurant on the water. Very old established place, lots of locals eat there. The clam chowder was out of this world; the lobster rolls were great and the bread pudding was yummy. The price was reasonable too. We enjoyed this, our first eating adventure on our trip to Boston.

Lynn, Massachusetts
“The Beat Goes On”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

The Porthole has been a fixture on the bar and food scene for years and still hold it's own-their Prime Rib is delicious and their fish fantastic.Prices are reasonable and there isn't a drink you can ask for that they don't make very well.Still family run and the waitstaff is superb. Nice location on the water-outdoor patio dining in summer.

Visited September 2012
Hyattsville, Maryland
“Porthole Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I, along with my parents, were visiting family friends and since we wanted lobster, we were taken here. I ordered a bowl of Seafood Bisque and the stuffed lobster with scallops and lobster. I got a CUP of cold soup and a lobster stuffed with bread crumbs. The soup was microwaved so I got it back hot. Being that I am from Maryland, all this soup is, Maryland Cream of Crab Soup with other seafood in it. It was ok. The lobster was sad. I cracked open one of the claws and all I got was a "soupy" substance that came out of it. :-( The waiter even told us that the lobsters were from Maine and not the Boston area. I doubt I'll be eating here again. The final price threw me for a loop. Definitely not worth it!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Newburyport, Massachusetts
“Business meeting Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Attended a professional gathering here whihc was cash bar, okay, and typical meal. Guests seated were served a salad to start, and plug of potato, some crisply cooked veg (nice) saauce and center of the plate portein

Visited March 2012
Swampscott, Massachusetts
“Reasonable food at a reasonable price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

This is a local place for ok seafood. It's not bad by any means, but nothing special either. My husband does love their seafood casserole. The atmosphere is a little "old", you get the feeling their customers have been going there for many years, and they are not getting too many new ones. There is no water view, despite being right by the sea. Overall, the prices are very reasonable, and the food is ok.

• Visited July 2012