“Lost In Translation” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Lost In Translation”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Li's Brothers is a great place to meet and chat. The food is greasy and takes quite a while to come to your table. I have been going to Li's Brothers for many years off and on, things have never changed. If you take a pepcid before you go you will be all set.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Longmeadow, Massachusetts
“Was great for years than went down hill.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

After looking for years for a good Chinese rest. in my area I stumbled across Li's. At first the food was prepared fresh and always consistent. After a couple yrs the food was extremely greasy. The only thing I will get from them is the hot and sour soup. The food now reminds me of a mall food court (worst even) at a higher price. I don't understand why restaurants like these eventually go bad?

Visited June 2013
“Best town gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This restaurant is a little gem. Excellent food and service. Does not get better than this in the area of Longmeadow, MA. The owner makes table rounds to assure customers that they will be very satisfied.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Longmeadow, Massachusetts
“Good food AND delivers!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

A huge bonus is that this place delivers. The food is pretty good, I have never eaten in the restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Enfield, Connecticut
“Absolutely disgusting!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

We have ordered from Li's Brothers a few times and each time it has been a terrible experience...but we gave it a few chances. The employees were always beyond rude each time, one time even trying to hang up on me while i was placing my order (she claimed they were too busy and that my order was taking too much time...it was a pu pu platter and a combination platter for my two young children to split.
Each time we ordered, the order was ALWAYS wrong and we ended up with something we didnt order and ended up overcharged on our credit card.
Tonight took the cake and I need for everyone to know.
My children ordered plain lo mein and not only was it ice cold and very obviously made early in the day (noodles were hard, sauce was old...) but my ten year old started screaming about his food having fingernails in it..When I took a look I nearly got sick. There were THREE large fingernails/toenails right on top of the noodles. When I removed it to call Li's Brothers and let them know about this filthy finding in my CHILDREN'S food, there was a clump of longer, black hair entangled in in the noodles.
This is only the nasty situation that I KNOW of. I cant imagine what we have possibly consumed previously.
I am not ever one to make a complaint but this is beyond the most unsanitary, dirty situation my family has ever encountered. When I called the restaurant back, the main manager (a very rude woman) told me that "no one in the kitchen has long nails" and that the hair was probably mine (im a blonde who doesnt open chinese containers with my hair hanging over the box). I told her i wanted a refund and that i was going to call the health department and she responded with "we dont give refunds, only credit" and that she didnt care if i called the health department because they "come here before alot and they no find fingernails".
Please let everyone you know who eats there or is planning on it to GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! I am so angry and disgusted, I dont know what to do..I DO know that I am calling the local health department and making this a media known situation.
Because i care about others, i am begging you to never eat there again and spread the word.

• Visited March 2014