“Amazing Little B&B Right Next to Walden Pond” 5 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lincoln
Thoreau's Walden B&B
2 Concord Road, Lincoln, MA 01773   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Lincoln B&B and Inns
Providence
“Amazing Little B&B Right Next to Walden Pond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This charming little bed and breakfast is literally across the road from Walden Pond, made famous by Henry David Thoreau in his book, "Walden." The innkeeper, Barbara, is one of the nicest people we have ever met. The minute we arrived we felt right at home. We stayed in a really nice little room with a queen bed, and a private bath right next door. The town is just a short drive away, and we went there, drove around, and had a nice dinner. The next morning, we enjoyed a wonderful little breakfast. Then, we walked across the road and enjoyed the tranquility of Walden Pond. All in all, an amazing trip and an amazing B&B.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

5 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

We felt like we found a real treasure when we arrived at Thoreau's Walden B&B. Barbara was a gracious hostess, and she welcomed our 14 month old son. We stayed one night for $100, which included a leisurely breakfast of eggs, bacon, english muffins, fruit, and oatmeal for our son. She packed leftovers in to-go baggies. If you stay for more than one night, it's $75 per night. The room we stayed in was an upstairs room with a deck. The decoration was bright and vacation-home-ish. The backyard was charming, with lots of birds flitting around and what looked like a trail, but we didn't venture that far. We went straight across the street to Walden's Pond and enjoyed a stroll around the pond. We ate dinner at 80 Thoreau, which was pricey but worth it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
North Conway, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

I found Thoreaus Walden B and B on my GPS, I was tired from my day of driving and business and just needed a place to stay. I called Barbara and she allowed me to stay just 1 night instead of her usual 2 night minimum. It is a 3 bedroom place. Quiet with a brook/waterfalls that Barbara built herself, I opened ALL THE WINDOWS in my over the Garage bedroom which was huge. Flat Screen TV comfortable bed. and all night the sound of the brook outside was soothing. The breakfast was very good, scrambled eggs with basil and tomatoes, bacon, coffee and juice. And right outside the dining room window were about 1 dozen active bird feeders, it was a sight to see all the wildlife joining me for breakfast. I shall return again with my wife next time....thank you Barbara for your hospitality

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to Thoreau's Walden B&B? Share your experiences!