“A wonderful b and b!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Morgan's Rest Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lexington
Morgan's Rest Bed & Breakfast
You added Morgan's Rest Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
205 Follen Road, Lexington, MA 02421   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Lexington B&B and Inns
Arlington, MA
“A wonderful b and b!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

My husband and I stayed last night at Morgan's Rest for a birthday treat. What a good choice it was! Alix and her daughter were so welcoming and the set-up was very comfortable. The house was large and airy, with sky lights and large windows. The rooms are quiet. Breakfast was delicious. We found this place affordable, comfortable, and welcoming. We will be coming back!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Wonderfully appointed and comfortable room. Gracious and helpful host. Delicious and varied breakfasts. Great location. A very good value. Just lovely!

• Stayed November 2011
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

Normally when I travel for business I stay in hotels. But when I went to Boston this fall, I decided to break that pattern and look for a B&B. I read up on Morgan's Rest B&B and made a reservation. What a delightful decision. Alix was so welcoming and helpful with directions and keeping me out of rush hour snags. And breakfast both mornings was prompt and delicious. I highly recommend Morgan's Rest for your next business or vacation stay in the Boston area!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Evanston, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

The unexpected October 2011 snowstorm in the east affected our one-night stay at Morgan's Rest. No electricity and no heat! However, the owners did everything they could to be helpful, including standing outside with a flashlight so that we could find our way to their house when returning at night and offering us glasses of wine after we returned from a difficult, snowy night-time trek to a neighboring city. They are hospitable, caring people. I would recommend this B&B>

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

what a wonderful environment! we had a great stay and recommend morgan's rest to anyone looking for a pleasing experience :)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Newtown, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Alix, Jonathon and their daughter Alexandra Bartsch open their house to their guests in a very warm and friendly manner. They spent all the time I needed to become well acquainted with the house, its amenities and the area. They were extremely helpful in providing directions to wherever I needed to go: downtown Concord, downtown Boston/Charlestown or to the malls out on route 128. Downtown Boston was convenient either by car or a short ride to the Charlie (Metro) and a quick and inexpensive train trip into the city. I stayed at the Morgan’s Rest B&B for both personal and business reasons. From a business perspective, it was nice not to be in a hotel room, week after week but instead live in a real home away from home where I knew I would always find a friendly face when I returned at the end of the day. From a pleasure point of view, my family and I stayed in three of the bedrooms. We invited other guests who could not stay at the B&B over for breakfast. Alix was gracious in greeting our guests and providing them breakfast. Over the time I stayed at the B&B I felt I became almost like family; it is a nice way to travel when you need to be near Boston.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Newtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

This is an amazing home, we felt lucky to take a look inside, let alone stay there. Alix and her family were easy going, were there if you needed help or advice but otherwise left you to it, a perfect combination. The home is traditionally decorated but has all the facilities you need including a shared fridge, an extra coffee machine and a microwave although not a kitchen area per se. Although these were added bonuses, this is a B&B after all! Also have books and DVDs you can borrow and lots of tourist literature if you want it including a map to the train station, the local T red line stop (Alewife). This goes straight into Harvard Square, it's only 4 stops. I would advise having a car though as this B&B is in Lexington, a quieter residential area where people actually live. A great place for a quiet relaxing stay, a retreat after a fast-paced day in Boston!

We stayed in the small but perfectly formed Sunset Room. It had everything we needed, hot shower with toiletries and fluffy towels, cable TV, separate WC and a closet. The antique furniture was beautiful, felt like we were staying in a friends home. Unfortunately we were never in the room to catch the sunset but sure it's worthy of the name!

Breakfast was different both mornings. You can have generic cereal, toast and fruit but I think Alix makes something extra most mornings. I requested scrambled eggs and Alix made me eggs and bacon to order (yummy), and the next morning there were home made fruit crepes and muffins for us (also yummy!). She accommodated our late arrival on the first night easily, kindly reassured us that it didn't matter when we arrived, just to arrive safely. Great for singles and couples of all ages (you have your own key so can come and go as you please) who prefer something a little different to your average hotel, in a quiet area. We're pleased we got to see a little more than just Boston this time around. We'll be back!

Room Tip: Sunset Room has lots of character and storage. Very quiet at all times of day. Last room, so no one...