“Really nice hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Lexington
Towson, Maryland
“Really nice hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I stayed here for a conference in Boston. It's a nice 20 minute drive to Alewife and the MBTA. (Make sure you are there early, Alewife is HUGE but does fill up). Concord and other historic areas are close. Inside, the bed was comfortable, hotel was clean, and generally a good experience. Don Juan's Mexican is very good for dinner as well.

I would recommend.

Two Small Demerits:

Hotel does not get NESN (The Red Socks Channel)
Hot Tub was broken.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Vik K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for a great review for us. We would love to welcome you again in the near future.

Vik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Plattsburgh, New York, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Near historic sites but hotel isn't what you would expect from a Choice brand. Rug ripped, wallpaper borders peeling off walls, stains in tub, bathroom floor rusted and stained, furniture Walmart quality. Bedside lights don't work. Thru the wall old air conditioner was so noisy we couldn't hear tv unless it was turned way up.

Room Tip: Outside entrances with trucks parked 8' from your window. Would recommend a second floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Vik K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

I apologize for your recent experience. Please call Vik at 7818610850 to discuss the exact location of your room as we have changed our TVs to wall mounted LCD tvs and almost all the rooms have newer carpeting and modern furniture.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

If your on a budget and your in the Boston area then this place is not for the money. It has nice pool and lobby area and a well light parking lot. My room was clean and did not smell, the AC worked well. They have direct TV with lots of channels and free Wifi that kind of works here and there. I did not do the breakfast so I can not comment on it. Plenty of oversize vehicle parking in the rear. It seems to me that they may have long term tenants which is never a good thing maybe the management can comment on that. I would stay here again if in the area considering the prices of hotels in the Boston area are on the ridiculous side. There is also a lot of shopping at the next two exits north on I-95 not much near the hotel or within walking distance the only exception is a Mexican restaurant on the property I did not eat there so I can once again not commit on the quality of it. This is very adequate hotel for a quick layover!

Room Tip: First floor worked for me, I did not see any elevators so carrying luggage upstairs is a pain. The...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay. There are a few guests who stay during the week for business purposes here.

I thank you again for your visit and recommend you taking advantage of our wonderful breakfast during your next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

After a day meeting up with family in Newport, RI, our party of five headed off to Lexington/Boston. What a pleasant surprise we found at this Quality Inn.We booked online through the Quality site. A beautiful two-room suite with kitchen and fold-out sofa sleeper. We asked for a roll-out bed and extra towels -- they arrived within 10 minutes! We arrived late at night. We had the same great service at night that we found they next morning. The breakfast buffet (included in the room rate) was about the best we've had with a wide variety of fresh, hot food. The room was $166 total during a peak summer Friday night. Quiet, nice pool and very clean. Near sites in Lexington and minutes from Boston. Can't say enough about this stay!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Vik K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for a wonderful review. I am so happy to know that you enjoyed our services from accommodations to breakfast. It feels great to see our valued guests like you to be happy with the services that we have to offer.

Please let us know when you are in the area next so that we get another opportunity to serve you and your family.

miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

after having read several critical reviews, i was unsure what to expect. having now stayed there for three nights, i have concluded that those negative reviews were posted by very fussy and unreasonable people who can never be satisfied. first, the location is perfect, right near major roadways. second, the value for price paid is very good. the full HOT breakfast is unmatched from experiences i have had in the past in other chain motels. our room was clean, if a bit dated, but kept up well. all employees seemed to work very hard to please the guests. the front desk staff was very helpful. there is free wi-fi and many cable stations. i cant imagine what else someone would want to be satisfied. we would stay there again with no hesitation.

Room Tip: stay near the lobby.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Vik K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We highly appreciate you staying with us and eagerly look forward to you staying with us in near future.

Dayton, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We originally booked the hotel because the price was reasonable for the Boston area and the reviews online seemed overall positive. Unfortunately for our family, we did not have a good experience.

First, however, I’ll start with the good things. The price, as I mentioned was good for the area. The breakfasts were free and extremely well diversified. There was almost every breakfast food you could imagine. Our kids enjoyed the “cook when you want them” waffles every day. Also, the staff did work to try to address our troubles, and we did get a sizable price adjustment for the subpar experience.

Here is what happened: On the first night of our stay we discovered our room had a very stale, almost B.O. smell that did not go away. So we were given a second room. The second room had an incredibly loud and old air conditioner that we knew would be bad news for trying to sleep in. So we were given a third room. The third room smelled much like the first room. By this time it was very late, and we just decided to chance it and go back to the second room. Bad idea. The AC was very loud and vibrated all night long. I had to keep my foot on the AC unit all night to limit the vibrations (the rooms are very small, so my bed was literally right next to the AC).

The next day I told the front desk that we couldn’t stay in that room any more. But the only thing they had available were pet rooms (I am allergic to dogs, so this was not desirable but was the only option). The front desk clerk told me that the room he was giving us was their newest remodeled room and was only recently put back to be rented out. He hoped the pet issue would be minimized since it was so newly remodeled. To our surprise, the room seemed to have newer carpet and furniture, but the walls and door were significantly scratched up, the furniture was actually damaged, and the mattresses were old. (We check beds for bedbugs.) In fact, when pulling the sheets off of the mattresses to check for bedbugs, we found a large wall screw sitting on the mattress. One of the mattresses appeared to have lots of black dots in the seams, and so we were concerned of the possibility of bed bugs in the old mattress. So, back to the front desk to get our fifth and final room for our stay. This, too, was supposed to be a newly remodeled room. The mattresses were newer but there was a cigarette burn hole in one of the bedspreads, one of the comforters had a disgusting yellow stain on it, the tub was rusted around the drain, and there were many dings and scrapes throughout the room. The air conditioner was also very weak at cold output, but we were sick of switching rooms by this time.

I asked the next day for the AC to be fixed. They said ok, but it wasn’t fixed that day. I asked the next day again and happened to discuss this with the manager as well. The AC was replaced our final night with a used unit. At least it was cool.

I had discussed our experience with the manager, and she expressed deep concern and said she would look into this and call me that day with an adjustment. She never did call even after I called back in the afternoon to follow up with her. We were to check out that next morning early, so on our final night I requested the front desk contact the manager at home and figure this out. Thankfully they did, and I did get a significant discount. But in the end, I wonder, was this all worth it?

Please see the photos I took of these things I mentioned plus of all of the dilapidated conditions throughout the complex. Paint was peeling in the outside hallways everywhere, paint was missing from stair rails, the outside hallway concrete floors were a patch work of concrete touchups and missing pieces of concrete, the doors to enter the stairwells didn’t lock any more, the vending machines were tilted well off center, the carpets in the stairwells were always dirty, etc., etc.

The hotel needs to spend a lot of money in remediating the significant number of deferred maintenance items. I do not recommend this hotel, and I think people should be aware of what they will run into if they rent from this place.

Dear Guest,

Apologies for your recent experience. I tried to write to you previously as well to request you to call Vik at 7818610850. Please call me at your earliest convenience to discuss this further.

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Do not use this hotel. We asked for non smoking but the room smelled like smoke. Got switched to another room but tue shower did not drain and there was fungus growing on the caulking. Air conditioning sounded like a train. I'm not picky but hotel is probably bone of the worst. Staff was unwilling to asist with thw shower problem and said wait until morning. Also there is nothing much around the area.

• Stayed June 2014
Vik K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

I apologize for your recent experience at our hotel. However, I am also surprised by your observations as we have professionally gotten our bathrooms cleaned from an outside company and changed the furniture.
Please call Vik at 7818610850 to discuss the room condition and the location.

Thank you for your time.

Vik

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Lexington? Share your experiences!