“Awesome Beds!!! Really Heavenly!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of element Lexington

Save Saved
You added element Lexington to your Saves list
element Lexington
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   727 Marret Rd - B, (for October 1, 2008), Lexington, MA 02421   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Lexington
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Awesome Beds!!! Really Heavenly!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I was very apprehensive after reading lots of bad reviews when I shifted to this hotel from Residence Inn 3 months back . My stay started with no expectations and in 3 months the experience went beyond expectations!!! I loved everything about this hotel. I love the spacious kitchens, the big windows with lots of lights, spacious closets, locker and above all the awesome heavenly bed. Can't say enough about the amazing beds here. I love to watch endless sky from the window on 4th floor!! Another amazing thing was that you can easily connect your laptop to TV and watch movies.They all contributed to making this room my home for months. The hotel has a nice big gym and indoor heated pool. Though pool was little small in size but it was nice and warm in winters. The hotel staff is very friendly especially the morning breakfast staff Arthur and Harry. They take extra efforts to make you comfortable.Everything looks fresh and good. The breakfast is good and the quality is better then those I have seen in other hotels. However, I can't say the same about evening staff. The lady serving drinks during cocktails hours is super rude!!! Anyways, the location of hotel is great. It has a huge park nearby, Lexington downtown just 2 miles away and also very close to Alewife subway station and Boston downtown. There is a MBTA Bus stop right outside the hotel and hotel also provides a shuttle service to mall on weekends. The hotel also keeps bicycles if you want to ride around though mine broke down when i went for cycling. I stayed in 2 rooms during my stay and found few problems but nothing big. So preferably you should take top floor as the floor board is terrible. The only problem on our 3rd level room was the noise from room above us. It was terrible and we complained almost about 50 times before we were shifted to 4th floor. I had no problems with walls though. The water sometimes leaks out when you are taking a shower. Other then that I enjoyed my stay here. Its a nice, modern and clean hotel.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter room, take a room away from elevator, on higher floor and rooms away from Loft...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

285 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
tabibit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We tried both element and aloft Lexington, and the two hotels are well-above our expectations. We will probably return to element as we travel with kids; the full kitchen is quite appealing. We were too relaxed in the hotel room and missed complimentary breakfast, which is served until 10AM. But the front office person packed muffins to go for us. Thank you!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
groton ct
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Checked in on Dec 30 for a two night stay. My compliments to the staff for all their hard work. The room was clean and spacious with a small kitchenette... really thoughtful design. The problem is with the building itself. It is as loud as a Comfort Inn meaning - not too much soundproofing was used when they built it. The person above us paced each night 10 - midnight. (I imagine he was talking on his phone and pacing back and forth.) If there is a shower on or a door closing nearby you will hear it. Also not thrilled with the occasionally barking dog - but I understand it from a business end of things. They also have a nice workout room. I would recommend to anyone staying in the area and I will stay here again...just note the minor noise you may or may not run into...depending on the manners of your fellow hotel guests.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Just the important details:

Wonderful staff - The manager on duty, Courtney, was incredible outgoing, helpful, extremely competent and accommodating, and made our stay that much better. She was so nice and engaging with our two year old son, which means a lot, and shows she cares.

Great rooms - we stayed in the double-queen room. The style of the room, and the layout is very comfortable, the beds and linens are REALLY soft and were immaculately cleaned and tucked in, and the bathroom shower head is large enough to was a car underneath (well almost).

Extras: They had a nightly "snack session" or something, where they offered light appetizers and beer/wine in the lobby and it was a nice supplement to the take-out we had gotten earlier in the night. The salt-water pool is extremely warm and was the reason we decided to stay another night (seriously), and the morning breakfast has a decent amount of options, especially for a hotel - 3 types of juices, coffee, tea, breakfast sandwiches, banana and chocolate smoothies, cereal and fresh fruit.

We live in the area, and just wanted to get away from the usual weekly grind, and wanted to stay in a local hotel. We are so happy to have found this comfortable local-oasis, and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Try to stay closer to the elevator, but not right next to it, as you will hear people coming and goi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

The hotel is very conveniently located to major highways. You can also get into Boston very easily. The hotel is very clean, and the breakfast is more than adequate. All of the service providers, especially the cleaning staff and the gentleman in charge of the breakfast service, are helpful and cheerful. The only thing I noticed is that the carpet in the rooms is looking rather worn.I guess I noticed this because I stayed here two other times when the hotel was newer and the carpeting looked a lot better. Also I didn't realize it is a pet friendly hotel. The other times I was there I didn't notice pets, but this time there were a lot of dogs. I asked about this and they told me that they were only allowed on the first two floors. I don't usually stay in pet friendly hotels,but the other good factors and the fact that I haven't found any place better outweigh this. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. There are a lot of children and everyone was friendly to them.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This hotel is my favorite in the area. The rooms give you so much value with the kitchenettes and extra sofa. The breakfast is extremely generous. The access to the computers and printer in the lobby in case you need to printout something like boarding pass is very convenient. The staff is always hospitable. We take our grandkids swimming and they play video games in the lobby.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is an amazing value for the look and feel of this very modern hotel with great service. The only thing I found a negative were at least some of the rooms only have showers and possibly because there is only partial carpeting in the room, it was very noisy. Possibly you could ask to be in a quieter room and if you need it they may have a room with a tub. Other than that I think especially as a business traveler you will love this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011

Been to element Lexington? Share your experiences!