“warm and comfortable...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of element Lexington

Save Saved
You added element Lexington to your Saves list
element Lexington
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   727 Marret Rd - B, (for October 1, 2008), Lexington, MA 02421   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Lexington
groton ct
“warm and comfortable...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Checked in on Dec 30 for a two night stay. My compliments to the staff for all their hard work. The room was clean and spacious with a small kitchenette... really thoughtful design. The problem is with the building itself. It is as loud as a Comfort Inn meaning - not too much soundproofing was used when they built it. The person above us paced each night 10 - midnight. (I imagine he was talking on his phone and pacing back and forth.) If there is a shower on or a door closing nearby you will hear it. Also not thrilled with the occasionally barking dog - but I understand it from a business end of things. They also have a nice workout room. I would recommend to anyone staying in the area and I will stay here again...just note the minor noise you may or may not run into...depending on the manners of your fellow hotel guests.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

280 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Just the important details:

Wonderful staff - The manager on duty, Courtney, was incredible outgoing, helpful, extremely competent and accommodating, and made our stay that much better. She was so nice and engaging with our two year old son, which means a lot, and shows she cares.

Great rooms - we stayed in the double-queen room. The style of the room, and the layout is very comfortable, the beds and linens are REALLY soft and were immaculately cleaned and tucked in, and the bathroom shower head is large enough to was a car underneath (well almost).

Extras: They had a nightly "snack session" or something, where they offered light appetizers and beer/wine in the lobby and it was a nice supplement to the take-out we had gotten earlier in the night. The salt-water pool is extremely warm and was the reason we decided to stay another night (seriously), and the morning breakfast has a decent amount of options, especially for a hotel - 3 types of juices, coffee, tea, breakfast sandwiches, banana and chocolate smoothies, cereal and fresh fruit.

We live in the area, and just wanted to get away from the usual weekly grind, and wanted to stay in a local hotel. We are so happy to have found this comfortable local-oasis, and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Try to stay closer to the elevator, but not right next to it, as you will hear people coming and goi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

The hotel is very conveniently located to major highways. You can also get into Boston very easily. The hotel is very clean, and the breakfast is more than adequate. All of the service providers, especially the cleaning staff and the gentleman in charge of the breakfast service, are helpful and cheerful. The only thing I noticed is that the carpet in the rooms is looking rather worn.I guess I noticed this because I stayed here two other times when the hotel was newer and the carpeting looked a lot better. Also I didn't realize it is a pet friendly hotel. The other times I was there I didn't notice pets, but this time there were a lot of dogs. I asked about this and they told me that they were only allowed on the first two floors. I don't usually stay in pet friendly hotels,but the other good factors and the fact that I haven't found any place better outweigh this. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. There are a lot of children and everyone was friendly to them.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This hotel is my favorite in the area. The rooms give you so much value with the kitchenettes and extra sofa. The breakfast is extremely generous. The access to the computers and printer in the lobby in case you need to printout something like boarding pass is very convenient. The staff is always hospitable. We take our grandkids swimming and they play video games in the lobby.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is an amazing value for the look and feel of this very modern hotel with great service. The only thing I found a negative were at least some of the rooms only have showers and possibly because there is only partial carpeting in the room, it was very noisy. Possibly you could ask to be in a quieter room and if you need it they may have a room with a tub. Other than that I think especially as a business traveler you will love this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011
Manhattan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Check-in was an unpleasant experience. We got a newbie employee who had trouble checking us in and who could not even direct us to the elevator.They gave away our pre-paid larger room and told us we had to accept a smaller room. Although they promised to credit us 5,000 points as an accommodation they never did. They gave us terrible driving instructions that took us more than 30 minutes out of our way.There was nothing in the room to explain when breakfast was served or other hotel amenities. The person on the desk at check out was far more capable and very apologetic but we found the service overall less than satisfying.

As for the room, it was clean and comfortable, which is most important. But the walls are so thin that hallway noise was intrusive and I could hear the hair dryer, the TV and the conversation in the next room. So, not very quiet or private, if that's important to you.

Breakfast is typical but I give them points for collecting left-overs to compost.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have stayed at the Element twice this year. The second stay was based on my satisfaction with the first stay several months earlier. The decor can be described as sleek and modern, and a younger member of our family really liked the super-modern look. I was not as impressed by the sleek but stark decor, but I did appreciate that the facility was clean, attractive, and functional. Also, I found the staff (front desk staff and bar staff) to be friendly and helpful on both occasions. The room was very spacious with basically a full kitchen along one wall and a wall of windows on another. There was only a rainfall shower and no tub, but since I prefer to shower that was not a problem for me. The hotel is ecologically aware and there are even reserved prime parking spaces for hybrid cars (that we used with appreciation). Although, alas, my schedule never allowed me to enjoy it, on some weekday nights there is even free food and wine available in the lobby area where the breakfast buffet was set up each morning. The breakfast offerings were probably the best I have enjoyed at any American hotel in recent time. I thought the hotel was bit pricey even at the lowest pre-paid rate, but it seems to me everything in Massachusetts (from hotels to houses to pet dogs) seems a bit pricey to someone traveling from Louisiana! The location is convenient to the town of Lexington and to the interstate nearby. There is a sister hotel across the parking lot (the Aloft [sic] Lexington) run by the same people and I will probably stay there next time just to compare. I feel certain it will be as good as the Element and that either will be a fine place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to element Lexington? Share your experiences!