“Aloha aloft! W hip in suburban location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Lexington
Epping, NH
“Aloha aloft! W hip in suburban location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2008

When you travel on the road, you need to find joy and happiness in the little things (and I mean hotels, there is no joy to be found in a plane these days). Some folks want a nice restaurant, others a deathly quiet room, some just want it cheap, simple and to be left alone. When I travel on business, I like it to be simple, with a slight touch to make me feel like I am coming home. Little things, like a hello, or turndown service at night - service. So when Starwood began pushing their new brands, element (baby Westin) and aloft (baby W), I had to give them a shot.

I found out that there was an aloft and element hotel close to where I was traveling this week. After a lot of research (10 mins) I chose to try out aloft. I think it was the aloha that got me. I expected a tropical paradise in the middle of suburban Boston, ummm, not quite. I'm actually confused why they say aloha all the time, is that the 'chic' thing to do?

The hotel shares an address with the element hotel, located directly across the parking lot. Very nice area, new construction, and pretty hip location. This smells like a good tourist destination with a walkway to the national park on site.

I have posted a full in-depth review at http://nhblacklabs.blogspot.com

• Liked — The layout of the room
  • Disliked — No newspaper to room and light from bathroom fills the room.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2008

This hotel is absolutely amazing. I had done research on the hotel before booking it so we knew it would be cool, but our stay was beyond our expectations. The hotel really is an experience. The hotel lobby is spacious and amazingly decorated with fun colors and unique designs. There are multiple places to sit and relax. There is even a fire place that is lit at night and a bar that anyone could take advantage of. Pool tables add to the fun atmosphere. There are even two computers available to guests with free internet access! The people at the front desk are extraordinarily welcoming and helpful. As tourists traveling through the area, they were very helpful to us, giving us recommendations of what to do and places to eat. The rooms were very comfortable and enjoyable to stay in. While staying there, I was able to utilize to fitness room which is open 24/7. It is small but has wonderful equipment for a good workout and is very clean. The only downsides to this hotel were that the pool was rather small and there was no complimentary breakfast, however an array of breakfast options were available to purchase. We can't wait to stay at another alfot hotel!

• Liked — Fun atmosphere
  • Disliked — breakfast was not free
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2008

After looking for a reasonably priced hotel in Boston over the July 4th long week-end, I quickly realized that I'd better expand my search to surrounding towns. The location of the hotel met my main criteria: close to I-95 (on my way to Maine), close to the subway station, 30-minute subway ride to Boston (but really takes longer in the evening), cheaper than Boston.

After seeing the pictures on the aloft website, I was pretty excited about seeing this place. Of course, the website's artist renditions looked a little bit better than the reality, but all in all, that was a great experience..

The hotel is really quiet, as it is surrounded by a natural wall of rock and lots of greenery. The lobby is really cool with lots of services, including a free Internet access. The most exciting thing about this hotel is that it is new of course. How many times do you get to stay in the hotel on its first week of operation ?

They really thought about all kinds of small details that should inspire other chains to do the same and make the whole experience of staying in a hotel much more enjoyable. The best improvement compared to a traditional hotel was the continental breakfast. It was by far the best hotel continental breakfast I've ever had. It offered a different fare, with some kind of nice breakfast sandwiches and the muffins were to die for.

All in all, I strongly recommend this hotel, although I am not sure I would be willing to pay the normal price when the promotional rate is not offered anymore.

• Liked — Refreshing & cool decor
  • Disliked — A little bit far from Boston
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
cape cod, ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2008

I really love W Hotels and wanted very much to stay at their new Aloft in Lexington. I'm happy to say the hotel did live up to it's claim of being fun, refreshing and different. The rooms are cozy with great beds and fantastic shower/bathrooms-Bliss amenities included! The design is all bright colors and lots of space, which I loved, and is indeed a refreshing alternative to the sometimes too dark W's. I liked the gym-it's small but functional, and the backyard area was a great way to chill out. There's a pool table, too! The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the lack of a traditional restaurant-Aloft offers a grab and go panty which did offer healthy sandwiches and gelato, but we did end up having to hunt around the downtown area for a sit down place. But all in all, I really enjoyed my Aloft stay and would recommend you check it out.

• Liked — The room, the design and color scheme, the social space
  • Disliked — the lack of a sit-down restaurant
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Aloft Lexington? Share your experiences!