“What a wonderful place.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Lexington
East Burke, Vermont, United States
“What a wonderful place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay. I do have to say that it does not matter what age you are to enjoy Aloft. I am not in my 20's and I thought it was great. The stuff was very helpful and kind. I think the place was so refreshing from other places that I have stayed.. Neat - clean- bright I could go on. I got there very late on May 2nd. Brent was very much on his game. Upbeat and friendly. On my way to Texas so going to check that one out as well. Thanks again to all of the stuff there that made my stay great. Joan

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Half Moon Bay, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

This is not your average business traveler hotel. They clearly are trying to create a "different" experience, and I personally enjoyed it. Very modern, hip, and clearly geared toward a younger crowd. I stayed for two nights while visiting my company's Waltham office. It's a little tricky to find, as it is tucked behind a mountain, but it is very conveniently located near the highway. The lobby area is a large, open space, with a bar/lounge, and a food/snack area in the corner. It's a very social environment, with semi-loud pop music playing throughout the main areas and elevators. The front desk is more like a retail checkout counter, right in the middle of the room. While I arrived late the first night (after the bar had closed), on the second evening the lounge was very popular, with probably 20+ people in the bar, pool table, and lounge areas. The food/snack area was well stocked with grab and go items, and offered a pretty decent cooked to order breakfast menu (not free though). There is no traditional restaurant. The modern styled room wasn't all that large, but offered a nice comfortable platform bed, a desk looking out the window with a cool device to hook your electronics into the large flat screen TV, and a unique closet / divider between the main room and bathroom. The large windows were great for natural light / views, but also had good blackout shades for sleeping. They included a free bottle of water each day, and there is a small fridge, but no microwave. My only complaints were no iron & ironing board in the room (had to request from the front desk), and the doors to the rooms don't have adequate dampers, so they "slam" loudly when guests let them close by themselves at all hours of the day and night. Overall, I appreciated the unique experience, and will gladly return to stay on my next business trip to the area.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, but sure to request a "quiet" room on an upper floor, as some...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This hotel had a great vibe to it. The lobby area was modern and more than just your typical hotel lobby. The space was large and open and included a lounge area with couches and fireplace, a bar area, a sitting/eating area with small tables, a pool table, computers and ipads for use, and even some board games in the lounge! There was also a small area where food was available. There hotel also had an indoor pool, and although my husband and I did not visit, my nieces and nephews had a good time.

The staff was really friendly and never seemed bothered by any requests. The breakfast sandwiches provided in the lobby are pretty tasty. The staff didn't even get upset when we came downstairs to order 8 breakfast sandwiches about 5 minutes before they were to stop serving breakfast. The cook was insistent on making us another sandwich and then gave us the original mishap free of charge when we realized that the order had been put in the computer wrong.

The rooms were quite nice, and pretty modern and stylish. The rooms had two really large windows which were great for natural lighting, but also had very dark shades in order to keep morning light out. Everything was clean and tidy feeling. There was also a small fridge in the room, no microwave though.

The one downside to this hotel was it's thin walls and really heavy doors. We could hear everything in the hallways, even people just speaking in normal voices. On top of that, every time someone left their room and didn't shut the door, but let it shut itself, we heard it slam, and it was fairly loud at late hours of the night and early hours of the morning.

Beside that small, irritating factor, this hotel was really nice. We stayed here in order to attend a wedding and it was perfect for what we needed. The wedding guests even headed to the hotel after the wedding reception and hung out in the lobby area at the bar, playing pool, and playing board games in the lounge area until almost 1 am. They had staff and music going for us, it was a nice atmosphere and really fun.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at aloft Lexington, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear stacie517,
Thanks for sharing your compliments! We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay. It's great to hear from guests that enjoy the unique experience we bring to life at our Aloft Hotels and who really take advantage of all that we have to offer. Thanks again for your kind words. We hope your travel plans bring you to Lexington again in the future and we look forward to hosting you again.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

i stayed at this hotel for work and i am not a spg person but it was the closest hotel to the client i needed to go to. I booked two nights and only needed one and they said they wanted to charge me for the extra night. I have never needed to pay extra for nights that i didn't need to stay with other hotels. When i ended up getting up to my room the rooms were situated the same way as other ALOFTS. two beds with the desk in the front near the windows and the bathrooms behind with closet behind. The rooms are okay. My problem with the hotel was the sound coming from some sort of party that was going on that night. I called the hotel to complain and this was around 11:30 or so. The first response i got was "Hold on its too loud". So i asked the front desk what is going on its very loud. They told me it should end shortly. Shortly meant 1AM in the morning. There is no breakfast in the morning that was complimentary. I also went to the gym during my stay and did they not have water in the gym. Normally gyms would have a water dispenser. They did however not charge me for water from the store they had. The hotel may be a bit hard to find since it is on top of a mountain but if you were to choose i would go with the ELEMENT next door. Their rooms are much more spacious and they offer full kitchen and free breakfast options and dinner!

Room Tip: dont choose the room with loud music
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear kevin l,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your most recent stay. We're sorry your stay was not as comfortable as you would have liked and the noise from the lobby area kept you up. Every week we typically have Stump Trivia on Tuesdays and a Live at Aloft Hotel performance every other Thursday at w xyz bar. We, unfortunately, do not have free breakfast at Aloft Hotels. However, we do provide different breakfast options from cereal, fruit, yogurt and granola bars to made-to-order breakfast. All of these choices can be found in our 24/7, grab and go pantry, re:fuel. Thanks so much for sharing we hope to host you again the next time you're traveling to the Lexington area.
Shelburne, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

One of the worst things about traveling for work is staying in all of the anonymous, characterless, box hotels with the boring breakfast bars and associated fast food chains next door. Aloft redefines hotels for a younger generation who appreciates a nice bar, cool decor and a hipper vibe. Everything about this place is a fresh take on hotel chains...

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at aloft Lexington, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear cercis,
Thank you for your review! We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed Aloft Hotels that cater to the self-sufficient, social, tech savvy traveler. We are also delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and your experience at w xyz bar. We hope you will visit us again soon when traveling to the Lexington area!
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed here for business for one night and was very pleased with the amenities and the overall value of the hotel. They give you a credit for breakfast if you want and the choices were great. This is a great place for young business travelers. There is plenty of parking in the lot and the staff is very helpful. The only knock I have on this place is that the bathroom (shower mostly) could use a little sprucing up. The grout and tiles need to be either changed or cleaned. Ventilation may be an issue in the bath areas. The room as a good size and the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Nyack, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I typically stay at more traditional hotels. However, I got a good rate at aLOFT and decided to try it during the Patriot's Day Weekend in Boston.

Before I arrived, I received a notice on my phone that said "you are checked into room 426. Please stop by the front desk to get a key when you enter the hotel." It was very high tech!

The rooms were very clean and utilitarian. The staff was informal, yet responsive. They have a nice bar in the lobby and a place to buy snacks. It is in a good central location just off i95 10 miles outside of Boston. Parking is free and the beds were comfortable.

I'll try it again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to aloft Lexington? Share your experiences!