“Quiet, Friendly Staff, Remodeled Rooms” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Leominster

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Leominster to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Leominster
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   99 Erdman Way, Leominster, MA 01453 (Formerly Four Points by Sheraton Leominster)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Leominster
Ohio
“Quiet, Friendly Staff, Remodeled Rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel previously when operated by a different company. It was fine then and is even better now. Hilton has and is remodeling areas of the hotel including rooms.

This is a very quiet hotel !!! That is a huge + for me.

It is not located on a busy highway or street but you must pay attention to the sign to find it.

The staff was very friendly. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
southern california
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

This property is undergoing renovations after recently becoming a Doubletree (was a Sheraton 4 points). I booked a Jr Suite and called the hotel to request no feathers in my room and to have the room on the honors floor (I am a Diamond member). I was told they would set a room aside for me and have it all fixed up for me when I arrived. I arrived around 10pm and was given a key to the suite that was fixed up for me. Only to discover when I arrived at the room that they key did not work....because someone else was in the room! Not only that but they did not have any other suites for me at 10pm at night despite my booking that. I was downgraded to a regular room where they knocked $50 off the price of the room. I still had to ask for the feather duvet to be removed from the bed of the new room. And there was something in the fridge from the previous guest and no soap in my bathroom. They also forgot to deliver the free water bottles for Diamond members so I had to call up about that. I was told I would get some extra points in my account but I have yet to see that. I requested comparable points for a free night but was told they would have to ask the manager who never got back to me on that. I am not going to hold my breath but perhaps contact the main central Hilton people about this property.

My entire stay I felt like I was staying in a Sheraton Four Points with staff who had no clue how to run a full service hotel. The bell people were the best ones there. And when I tipped one of the bell people second day he looked at me like he had never seen a tip before.

The property is actually pretty nice. The new rooms are good, the breakfast was nice, the gym is modest, but it exists (note the equipment is not standard Hilton - e.g. not precor but perhaps they will change that too?) and there is an indoor pool.

The staff - especially front desk and housekeeping - need a lot of work. With unemployment what it is you would think they could hire some decent staff...maybe there are people out there who need jobs who would be more on the ball then these people. If it were me I would start over with new staff who can be trained to work in a full service hotel. The bell people however were both excellent came right away and seemed to know what was going on. One of them told me that other guests had a lot of complaints about the rest of the hotel staff like I did.

I ended up paying about $100/night for a nice room with bad staff. I would have been delighted to pay the extra $50 for a nicer room and great staff. The property lost revenue because of my stay and will be less likely to see me return if I go that way in the future. I would not rule it out completely because the prices are great and the rooms are very nice. But they need to fix the operational side of the hotel. I think the Hilton chain should get them to work on their performance.
This was one of the absolutely worst run properties I have stayed at in the last few years.

Room Tip: If you reserve a special room then call MANY TIMES to make sure that they do not give it away. Even...
Barre, Vermont, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

We have stayed at this location for the past 4 years but it was purchased from Sheraton last fall. They are fully renovating the hotel and have already completed the top floors. Our room was on the 7th floor and everything about it was excellent. You will not regret staying here. The Sunday morning breakfast buffet was also excellent. The staff was great -from check-in to room attendants to the breakfast servers. Again, we highly recommend it.

Seekonk, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

The staff at the hotel prior to arrival were kind and gave me a discount due to the reason I was traveling. All the staff at the hotel were kind and extremely helpful.The entire hotel from entrance to room and bathroom were also extremely clean and well maintained

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

This hotel is in the process of renovations. The rooms are clean & comfortable. The main restaurant was under construction while I was there but there was a smaller area being used as restaurant. Food was good and service was very good. Nena at the reception desk is a gem!

leominster, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I had a pretty good stay here. My only issue was that I could not get hot water in my room the first morning when I was getting ready. I was late to my meeting that morning because I had to switch rooms so I can shower. Other than that, the staff was very nice and friendly.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

The place was Great! Nice pool, not really heated. The hot tub was hot, so that was great. The design of the area was cute. Beautiful work out room, over looking the pool. The service was great except asking for towels for the pool room, which I thought they fill every morning.When asking the front desk lady she was kind of rude, and that they were in the dryer.Room over all was nice. I was very happy that they had room service, little pricey, but over all satisfied. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Leominster? Share your experiences!