“Love Texas Roadhouse!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Amherst, Massachusetts, United States
“Love Texas Roadhouse!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Whether you're just going for drinks and appetizers or to have one of their delicious and juicy steaks, Texas Roadhouse is the place for that. Their fresh rolls with cinnamon butter are to die for and their down to earth feel is fun and welcoming. The blooming onion is the best!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Athol, Massachusetts
“One of my favorites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I've been to this place many times. If you're looking for a romantic place to take a date, this is definitely NOT the place, but it is the place if you're looking for good food and a fun atmosphere. The prices are reasonable and the food is consistant. As far as cooking of the steaks goes, order one down. If you like med. well, order med. They have free peanuts at each table, free refills on the soda, the steaks are delicious and can be chosen raw when you enter the restaurant. The potatoes (sweet or white), the onion buds, the salads are all delicious. The drinks aren't too shabby either. The wait staff are into singing and dancing. The one tiny fault that I might have is that occasionally things seem a bit rushed and it can be very crowed at peak times, so you might want to call ahead. They don't take regular res. but do allow you to call ahead and get a number.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Massachusetts
“Loud, loud, loud”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Mediocre at best. Typical chain restaurant food which,in my opinion is overpriced. Service is slow, but seemed friendly. The place is extremely loud and really inhibits conversation. I realize some folks don't mind crowed, loud dining atmosphere, but if I'm going to spend good money on dinner, I'd like to get some quality food and be able to digest it without so much noise. Can't recommend it for anything other than maybe a quick beer and light snack.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Massachusetts
“great for dining with kids!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Had dinner here following family picture night. Busy place for a Sunday night. People throw peanut shells right on the floor! It is a loud atmosphere and the waitstaff periodically line dance throughout dinner. If you have children and don't mind additional noise, it can actually be a rather fun place to eat. The fried pickles were delicious, a bit salty but definitely unique! My husband had a steak that he found to be delicious. I opted for a burger and fries and it was yummy. If you want quiet & romantic, don't eat here. If you already have chaos in your life it will be an adventure!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Burlington VT
“Cooks should probably learn how to cook steak, bad service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Very loud, difficult to have a conversation.
First it took forever to get our order (it wasn't that crowded) then I got the wrong drink - so I had to wait - again. We were a fairly big group and sat far away from everything so people didn't walk by us too much. Another waitress sat across the booth cleaning menus (we were the only people in that section) I tried to get her attention about the drink but was ignored. Finally another waiter walked by, and I told him what drink I wanted. Our original waitress came back and explained that they were out of peach flavor so she give me the house margarita instead. Was she hoping I simply didn't notice? That was insulting. She said they had strawberry - which I ordered and it was great. It would have been a lot better if they had explained this to me from the start instead of trying to trick me. (And they wasted a drink costing the restaurant money)

When our apps finally came, they were soggy, like they had been sitting for a while - and then our meals arrived about a minute later. (Don't you just love that?) My medium rare steak was still mooing - rare not medium rare. Of course the waitress darted away again. When she finally came back, asked for a medium rare steak, once again. She was nice about it, but then I had to wait - again. After that it was cooked correctly but tasted like cheap meat or it had maybe been previously frozen. Too chewy.

The staff was never rude, so I won't give them to lowest mark for service. Also, I was a waitress ("server") for years so I know it's not an easy job, but lying to and ignoring the customer is just bad service, even if you are not rude.

I'll stick with Outback.