“Beautiful spot” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Holland, Massachusetts
“Beautiful spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I spent the day in the spa (outstanding - try the 2 hour Grand Mossaic). Stayed in The Castle. Room was beautiful, the emense black marble bath was awesome. Grounds are beautiful to wander and the golf course looked interesting. All staff were friendly and helpful in registration, spa and restaurants. Not cheap, but it was a nice special treat to relax and refresh my spirit.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Norma_Probst, Public Relations Manager at Cranwell Resort, Spa & Golf Club, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
The golf course is indeed interesting, especially the 7th and 8th holes you viewed from the Mansion. Built in 1927, it has many of the original fairways and naturally contoured greens. It’s in fantastic shape so we hope you’ll return to play it in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The property of the Cranwell Resort is absolutely beautiful! This is a great place to come to if you want to explore the Berkshires and indulge in some spa services. The mansion is gorgeous and the rooms have so much character. I came for a "girls retreat" with my mom and sister and we had a wonderful stay. The service was exceptional (especially Mark at the front desk), the spa was very enjoyable, and it was a nice perk to discover that there were outlets three miles down the road! Only complaint is that the food was not great, with the exception of the breakfast buffet. If you come here, you should venture out into downtown Lenox for lunch/dinner. It's not worth paying the high price for mediocre food at the resort. All in all, nice place for a weekend getaway!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Your review and positive feedback is very much appreciated. In the summer time, we serve breakfast on the terrace with the beautiful views of the surrounding hills. Hope you can return soon.
Albany, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I attended a work function for two days at the Meadowview House located across the street from the main resort. I stayed in the main building at Cranwell the night of Wednesday 4/17. Location & Facilities - Great; Rooms- Hot/Dry & Not Maintained. Making Guests feel welcome - nonexistent.

Upon check in I felt very welcomed by the front desk person and **Thought** this was going to be a nice experience, had heard a great deal of how great Cranwell was. Checked into room 237.

I then ate at Sloan's Tavern this night and that was a total train wreck (see my other review on this). I went back to my room to work at my desk and the desk light would not work. I found the room hot/stuffy, so I decided to turn up the air conditioner. Nothing happened; The A/C unit only blew air around 70+ degrees despite turning the controls as low as they went (65). I then found another light not working in the room in the bathroom. I was exhausted and went to sleep only finding it hard to sleep as the room was hot/stuffy all night. I woke up and felt very dehydrated as the room never cooled off during any part of the night.

I suspect the A/C units were not turned on as we were 'not in season' as deemed by hotel management. So, during the mud season and before the A/C's are engaged later season - expect hot/dry rooms. It took about 3 bottles of water to emerge from a dehydration fog in the AM.

Not a very pleasant experience. I was shocked at how poor an overall experience this was after hearing so many positive comments about Cranwell. It is doubtful I will be back anytime soon due to this negative experience.

Room Tip: Not sure...I didn't have a very good experience...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Carl P, General Manager at Cranwell Resort, Spa & Golf Club, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
You are right on, we are just switching over to A/C this week due to the cool weather forecast, I'm very sorry you did not get a good nights rest. We'll find a room that will work for you when you consider returning, feel free to call me prior to your stay! Very happy to hear the staff got you off to a great start, the entire visit will be spot on when you are back.
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My wife and i are both in the tourism industry and have pretty high standards especially when it comes to customer service. Now it was the slow season at Cranwell which some could say made it easier for them to pay so much attention to our needs or one could argue that when a place is slow often they don't have as much staff around and care less about their customer needs. I personally feel Cranwell would have treated us as special no matter what time of the year. Now it might have helped that they thought i was Adam Levine from Maroon Five and The Voice for the first half hour or so because we look quite alike, lol! Nonetheless they were awesome. The beds were incredibly comfortable which i really needed for my bad back, the massages we got although a bit pricey were worth every penny and the food at the bar was amazing. I can only imagine what the fancy dining room menu is like. The staff were very kind and i feel picked up on when we wanted to be chatty and when we wanted to be left alone when eating at the bar and this is important. Sometimes people try too hard. We also had a bit of a problem with our bathtub plug and they were there in 5 minutes after we called. All in all this was a great experience. Thanks Cranwell for giving this tired couple a wonderful break.

Luke

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Norma_Probst, Public Relations Manager at Cranwell Resort, Spa & Golf Club, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Excellent observation about the challenges a resort can face in the slow season and glad to know that we passed with flying colors. Looking forward to having a celebrity like you staying with us again in the future.
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My lifelong friend and I went to Cranwell for some physical rest and relaxation and to treat ourselves. The spa services offered were varied and most professional offering everything one would possibly need including towels, sandals, robes, swimsuit wringer and a quiet room with free beverages available. Indoor pool and workout room are fantastic. All facilities were clean and service throughout the facility was friendly, professional and always with a personal touch which is especially nice when you want to be pampered. The grounds and buildings were impeccably kept (pre-Spring emergence of flowers) but still looked groomed. The rooms in the Carriage House were spacious and comfortable with many amenities including fluffy robes, large bath, small refrigerator, iPad dock, free Wi-Fi, coffee, tea, water, television with all the cable stations you can imagine and on and on. In short, a most enjoyable stay - on a package deal to boot!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Norma_Probst, Public Relations Manager at Cranwell Resort, Spa & Golf Club, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Our team works really hard to deliver the type of experience you described in your recent review. You are very kind to take the time to share it. We are fortunate to have so many great spa service providers and massage therapists (many of whom have been with us since we opened our spa in 2002). Plus our Spa Director was a therapist herself, so she knows how to put together a great team of professionals. Here’s to a beautiful and inspiring Spring.
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I went here for an overnights stay, the suite that we stayed in was absolutely stunning. The landscape was gorgeous and the staff was beyond helpful. We didnt have time to stay for breakfast, but it looked lovely and the staff made sure we had coffee to go :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
What an awesome review. Thank you. It sounds though that your trip was too short, so hopefully, you’ll be able to get back soon. Spring is upon us and our landscaping team is busy at work for another beautiful season.
La Grange, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have been there a few time and I always have a great time. The property is beautiful so calm and quint. This time I stayed in the cariage house which is completly new with very large suites and comfortable beds. The spa is a must visit, their services are wonderful, the staff is knowledgeable and the ambiance is simple and attractive. It is a nice place to just relax alone or with friends and family.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
It’s wonderful that you stay in different buildings during your repeat visits so you can experience the varied accommodations we offer. Thanks for the mention of the new Carriage House and we appreciate the kudos to the spa, too.

Been to Cranwell Resort, Spa & Golf Club? Share your experiences!